One day a friend called me from Texas. He was having a problem running BattleChess on his Macintosh. "It keeps telling me that the program must be run from a hard disk!"
"Well," I asked, "Did you drag the program from the floppy disk icon to the hard disk icon?"
"Why should I do that?" he barked in frustration, "The disk it came on is hard!"
- The theme of this contest is technical support. It can be about computer technical support, support for making your VCR work, or anything else. Use your imagination. As long as someone in the strip is giving or receiving tech support. It can be in person, on the phone... or some other method I can't imagine.
- Since everyone isn't in the support business, you aren't limited to strips about stupid users. Bad tech support is also a good arena for jokes. Or anything else you can think of, as long as it's about tech support.
- Bonus points for strips about tech support for really strange, bizarre, twisted items.
- More bonus points if it's funny.
- Multiple entries are allowed, but not series. If you can't say it in 3 panels (or 6 with the splitter), I don't want to know about it.
- Demerits for in-jokes. I'm as guilty as anyone, but try to make the strip funny to someone who is visiting stripcreator for the first time.
- No Photoshop entries this round.
Judging will take place on Wednesday night around 10:00pm SC time. Possibly an hour earlier if West Wing is a repeat.
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.