Okay, it's the space year 2003, and by rights we should all be living on the moon and going towork in hovercars. And I should have a robot to do my ironing, and my own personal laser death tank with disintegrator rays and a rear firing neutron bomb. That'll teach them.
Except, the future, which is now, has been a bit crap so far. The closest we have come to high-tech gadgetry is a phone with a camera on the back. We are now told that all old mobile phones are embarrassing, and we should aspire to having this one phone with the camera on the back. It's the whole knee-jerk attitude of "It's newer- so it must be better!"
So, for this contest, I'd like to see someone or something facing being replaced, whether it be at work, or maybe in a relationship, or maybe the christmas tree character is facing up to being superceded by a high-tech christmas tree with a phone attached.
So here are the rules, in easily digestible chunks:
- Someone or something is being replaced.
- Make a comic, or a series of comics about this.
- We don't necessarily have to see the replacement.
- Just for a change, I'll accept photoshopped entries. We haven't had that for a while.
- But don't worry if you can't be arsed doing some photoshoppery, I won't hold it against you.
Judging will be Tuesday morning.