Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » 48 hours to go till war we wage and price we pay.

Author

JrnymnNate
I fling the shoddy polo stick

Member Rated:

What do you think will happen, regardless of past events?

3-17-03 5:20pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

Hopefully the oil wells will be okay.

---
Dad was flammable

3-17-03 5:30pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

I imagine that Saddam will quietly release homoerotic videos of George Bush and Tony Blair self-pleasuring themselves while reading from the Koran. George and Tony will back away from the whole war thing, admit to their torrid affair, and resign from office. Later, they will redecorate each other's homes on "Trading Spaces."

What do I win if I'm right?

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

3-17-03 5:50pm (new)

Ender2300
You know... for kids.

Member Rated:

You win the videos.

---
Yes, I'm William Blake. Do you know my poetry?

3-17-03 6:00pm (new)

JrnymnNate

Member Rated:

What if I were to tell you that this war is not about oil and that it's the USA cleaning up the mess it made when it entrusted Saddam Hussein with US technology to balance the power in the middle east with Iran?

It's not about oil, but it's still just as messed up.

3-17-03 6:19pm (new)

Ender2300
You know... for kids.

Member Rated:

I would partially have to agree. I don't think that there's any one reason were going in there. I think that there are several reasons. The oil is a reason. I think that the biggest reason is the nation's growing fear of terrorism allows Bush to finish the vendetta against Iraq that his father couldn't. When the Clinton administration was in power, we never heard a word about Iraq. Bush comes to power, and in the wake of the September 11th attacks he spearheads actions against his "axis of evil".

I do believe that Bush truly does believe in what he is doing. But I do NOT believe that Bush fully understands the dynamics of international politics. The ramifications of the actions that will be taken today will reach far into the next century. Is it really a good idea for America to break away from the UN? Only time will tell.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
" -Dennis Miller.

---
Yes, I'm William Blake. Do you know my poetry?

3-17-03 6:35pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

I will make lots of comics making poor jokes about a humanitarian catastrophe, that's what'll happen.

3-17-03 7:27pm (new)

bunnerabb
Some bloke.

Member Rated:

I would say "HAH!"

---
I wanted my half in the middle and I wound up on the edge.

3-17-03 7:44pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

I can't believe you people are burning bandwidth talking politics.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

3-17-03 8:08pm (new)

JrnymnNate

Member Rated:

I know... no goatse links this whole thread long...

http://goatse.cx

there we go.

One other thing - how many arab nations are pro-iraq? and give me some proof statements.

He's a Stalin of the middle east- pretty much everyone there would like nothing more than to see him fall. Of course, they may not like the US doing it, but they still arn't for Saddam.

3-17-03 8:33pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

Fucking hell 'Nate, there's like a 20 page politics thread in the FGH forum talking about this war, go there, read that and ask your dad for answers.

---
Dad was flammable

3-18-03 1:50am (new)

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

I don't think any nations -- including most of the Iraqi-people, are pro-Iraq in its current form. But they're more anti-American than they are anti-Iraq. They see us as some know-it-all superpower barging in on THEIR territory and trying to inflict our world view over their backwards religious idiology. Gosh, I can't imagine what gave them that impression.

So?

Nah, that thread sucks.

---
peddling the funny around since 09/24/2002

3-18-03 6:41am (new)

JrnymnNate

Member Rated:

Well, I guess that was kinda my point... that... like... nobody want to defend sadam...

and I didn't ask my "Daddy" for answers, Kajun. I'd swear at you or something but I feel sick today. Must stop typing...

*dies*

3-18-03 6:49am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

New forum. FIGHT!

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

3-18-03 1:50pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

It's bad enough without 'Nate and I fighting, I just don't like the way he overlooked the sarcasm in my comment about oil wells and instead said "what if I were to tell you that this wasn't about oil?". I can tell you, if you did tell me that, I'd smack you upside the head and say no more about it.

---
Dad was flammable

3-18-03 5:00pm (new)

Devin
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

But I don't think he did. Your sarcasm implied that you think the U.S. was going to war over oil, and he said, "what if I told you this war wasn't about oil?"

3-18-03 9:23pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

Devin, you've estalished yourself as a fool, you don't have to prove it in every post.

---
Dad was flammable

3-19-03 10:25am (new)

PhreakyChinchilla
DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

Member Rated:

I'll answer you on the "price we pay" part like 90% of Americans will be doing.

*turns back, stops whining*

---
dcomposed:11-06-05: If I was a viking invading your village, you'd be the first to get raped.
Crabby: 10/5/06: i would love to feed you fresh fruit while bathing you.

3-19-03 10:36am (new)

Devin
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

But then I wouldn't have a schtick!

3-19-03 12:15pm (new)

JrnymnNate

Member Rated:

I have no idea what's going on now.

Anyway my point was that Oil was not the major issue. One of 'em yeah, but not the way everyone has been parading it to be.

*shuts up now*

3-19-03 4:13pm (new)

JrnymnNate

Member Rated:

But I don't think he did. Your sarcasm implied that you think the U.S. was going to war over oil, and he said, "what if I told you this war wasn't about oil?"

Oh yeah and that was right, I jush should have said
"what if I told you this war wasn't JUST about oil?"

3-19-03 4:14pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

Wow, thank you, thank you for opening my eyes, I was so obviously blind, what the hell was I thinking?

You guys are idiots.

---
Dad was flammable

3-19-03 6:22pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

Peace. I mean that, man.

*Does Sammy Davis squint*

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

3-19-03 7:35pm (new)

JrnymnNate

Member Rated:

How come you take everything as an offense Kajun? It wasn't meant that way.

3-20-03 5:47am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

The war is about oil. Nate, you trace it back to Washington's effort to "balance the power" (sick euphemism) with Iran. Well, let's see. Why was the revolutionary government of Iran anti-American? Do you think it possibly might have had something to do with (stretch your imagination here) the Shah? The Shah whose rule we re-imposed on Iran in 1953 when our CIA (along with British MI-6) overthrew Mossadeq's democratic government? And why do you suppose we did that? Do you suppose it was unrelated to Mossadeq's nationalization of Iran's oil reserves? Because according to our government's own internal documents, it was ALL about that.

Stop jerking off to White House press releases. The powerful are lying to you, Nate. Isn't that obvious? Fucking snap out of it. Read what they say to each other, not the ad copy they crank out for rabble like us. You'll see it's ALL about oil. Practically all. What do you think we're after over there? Family values? Sand? What?

As far as "how many Arab nations are pro-Iraq," it's a dumb question. The question is, how many Arab (and other mideast) nations want a US war on Iraq. The answer in a word is "none." Is Oregon "pro-California ?" Probably not. Do they want, say, China to bomb California? Probably not.

Yes, Saddam Hussein's hero is Stalin, and most people want him out. That never bothered the US before 1991. What do I think is going to happen? Washington is going to put another Saddam Hussein in power. Another Pinochet, Suharto, Duvalier, Somoza, Marcos, Batista, Franco, Shah, Selassie, Noriega, or Ngo Dinh Diem. I'm sure of it. Bet me.

And while we're setting about toppling hated dictators of the Middle East, let's have a look at some of our friends over there.

---
What others say about boorite!

3-20-03 7:41am (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » 48 hours to go till war we wage and price we pay.

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests