Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » So I was listening to The Score670AM Chicago today

Author

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

I originally started this thread not with the intentions of arguing football, but rather to discuss sports talk radio. Several of you checked in originally with your local sports stations, but THAT WAS YEEEEEARS AGO! What is new on your stations? Has this economy cut your local stations from 2 sports talks to just one? Have their been mass cutbacks?

I'm still a loyal scorehead, 670 am is my station of choice. They have made some changes to the schedule dropping the meatball Mike North a long while back. That was a very positive move and the mornings are a much better ride with Mully and Hnadley on the radio for my drive. On the negative side they added Dan McNEal to the middays after local espn radio am1000 fired him. The former MAc, Jurko and Harry in the afternoon is now Carmen, Jurko and Harry. It's not pretty. I try to never listen to espn 1000, but the other night the score was playing Depaul basketball so I switched over. ESPN was just replaying the afternoon show. It was awful. I don't want to hear the afternoons talk. I want all of the afternoons talk rehashed byh a whole new late night host. COME ON! COME ON! COME ON!

Any other tales from the other sports talk junkies out there?

1-23-10 9:24am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

I don't listen to any radio anymore. Probably because I don't have a car and the Internet delivers most of the news I want. Also, football is the only sport I pay any attention to and then it's really only the Packers that I care about. Since you're a Bears fan this almost assures that our exchanges will be argumentative. So here goes.

Another autumn has come and another chance for the Green Bay Packers to triumph. I read this headline on NFL.com this morning and it made me smile:

Packers unanimously picked to reach Super Bowl XLV

I hope to be in the stands for the Halloween game vs. The Jets.

---
-=- You eat one lousy foot and they call you a cannibal. What a world. -=-

9-05-10 1:02pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

I have also completely stopped listening to sports talk radio. I just can't take listening to another moron caller. I don't expect the Bears to be very good this year. Not because I'm a fair weather fan, but because I have working eyes and a brain. The Homer in me wants to say 9-7, but they will probably be lucky to get to 6-10. 

Good luck on your Packers season. I hope you enjoy it and they don't throw an INT in the playoffs to lose the game again. You guys have had enough of that the last few years. I wish you nothing, but the best finn! I hope the season treats you well.

9-06-10 8:25am (new)

xxausrottenxx
Sock of the walk

Member Rated:

blah blah

---
xx( o Y o. )xx

10-24-10 12:14am (new)

xxausrottenxx
Sock of the walk

Member Rated:

blah blah

---
xx( o Y o. )xx

10-24-10 12:14am (new)

xxausrottenxx
Sock of the walk

Member Rated:

blah

---
xx( o Y o. )xx

11-23-10 9:57pm (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

crabby wrote:

BigFrank105

You seriously believe Jay Cutler will be gone in 2 years? Wow... OK, Bigfrank.

I will be here to remind you of everything he does and also of your prediction he'll be gone in two myears, so lets see what happens and enjoy all the fun together!

Do you think Cutler will be starting next season?

---

1-25-11 10:00am (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

---

2-10-11 1:34pm (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

---

3-29-11 11:07am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Congrats finn! I hope you enjoyed it! It was a fun season overall. The Bears did alot better than I thought they would, it's a shame about the championship game, but overall I had alot of fun this season. To answer your question, I do believe Cutler will be starting next year. I believe he was hurt, at least hurt enough to not feel he would be effective. I don;t care if he walked the next later that week and the pics were up on TMZ or whatever. It's not like his leg was amputated and he was never going to walk again. Could he have toughed it out and been A MAN ABOUT IT! You can make up your own opinion on that and I'll respect your opinion on the issue. I'm still a fan of his. I respect his QB work. Best Bears quarterback of my lifetime by far!

The lockout will be a real shame, but hopefully we will be back watching football in no time!

I hope by responding to you, you can stop jsut posting packers pics to this thread over and over since I never intended for this thread to be jsut us fighting, but rather a place to discuss sports. Of course, if you'd like to continue to post them to rub it in my face, then by all means continue! I just thought I would ask politely. It's not like anyone posts here ever or anything, but I hate getting excited hoping something worth talking aboput might have been posted just to see you've posted another picture or smarmy taunt. YES ALL 3 OF THEM BROKE MY HEART! You're just that good at it finn.

3-29-11 6:50pm (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

You should start a new sports talk thread in General Discussion, then we can continue to fight in this thred. In Fights Go Here. For fighting.

---

4-01-11 9:05am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

You aren't even fighting, you're jsut posting pictures. I'd call Aaron Rodgers an ugly guy, but I know how much that would offend you and you'd be quick to defend his honor and the last thing I need are anymore SC death threats.

Because WE ALL KNOW, there is no greater insult than calling someone ugly. It is the END ALL, BE ALL of insults!

4-01-11 5:21pm (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

Football! What the crap's with Detroit!?!

---

9-26-11 8:34pm (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

Ho. Lee. Shit the Bears suck.

http://home.bway.net/finn/webcam/BSS.mp3

---

10-10-11 8:28pm (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

The Bears still suck.

---

9-16-12 7:46am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

This thread is the bane of my SC existence. I wish a mod would delete it becuase it would keep finn away forever. He only comes to harass me. Has never shown any knowledge of football whatsoever. I will be reporting the harassment to Brad and once again leaving forever. 

HE GOT ME TOO GOOD THIS TIME!!!!

9-16-12 1:26pm (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

I know very little about the game of football, but what little I do know is that the Bears suck. I think it's one of the rules. I think the bears woul be fined if they drafted a quality quarterback.

---

9-16-12 3:07pm (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

10 ? The Bears Suck!

20 goto 10

run

---

12-16-12 5:52pm (new)

UnknownEric
and the Goblet of Mountain Dew.

Member Rated:

Just reviving this dead thread to post the "exciting" news that I got an awesomely powerful AM radio for Christmas and can pick up this station at night in Baltimore.  WMVP too.  And WGN.

(Also KMOX from St. Louis, a couple Detroit stations, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Toronto and, on a good night, New Orleans.)

(Yes, I am a dork.)

---
I has a flavor!

5-29-13 12:12pm (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

I've crawled out from under my rock to remind you that:

The Bears still suck.

---

12-29-13 4:56pm (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

Football season is upon us once more.

---

9-04-14 10:15am (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

No football for the NFC North champion Green Bay Packers today. I'll just make a crappy monkey comic.

---

1-04-15 10:44am (new)

szkolenia77
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Great

1-13-15 2:18am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

FinnNYC wrote:

No football for the NFC North champion Green Bay Packers today. I'll just make a crappy monkey comic.

No football for your "beloved" Packers for awhile. Enjoy the memory of one of the worst collapses of all time. You'll be seeing highlights of it forever. That is now the game that defines your team for years to come. Congrats.

I don't believe you're a real fan anyway, finn. Just a miserable internet troll, but if you are, cherish that game yesterday. Always keep it close to your heart. Always. 

1-19-15 10:26am (new)

biel29
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Very nice !

1-23-15 8:06am (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » So I was listening to The Score670AM Chicago today

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests