Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Melbourne Pro Wrestling

Author

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Hello friends. I don't know if you are all as interested in Melbourne's wrestling scene as I am (probably not), but I thought we could have a thread to discuss it.

Tomorrow night is Battle Championship Wrestling 6 at the Whitehorse Club. I didn't get to go to BCW 5 because it clashed with MCW Clash of the Titans (clash with the clash ha ha ha) but this time nothing else is on so I will be there. Announced matches are as follows.

Cletus vs. Shelton Benjamin
Former NJPW and Pro Wrestling NOAH star Shelton Benjamin has turned down a SmackDown Live contract to come to BCW. Cletus is a really low rent looking guy, a relic from the time before wrestling in Melbourne really took off, so he is going to look pretty silly standing across the ring from Shelton Benjamin. But he is a very good wrestler and due to his size and flippitude I expect he'll be on the receiving end of a few suplexes. Syd Parker would have been my pick to face Shelton but this should be a good match.

BCW Heavyweight Championship: Slade Mercer (c) vs. Gabriel Wolfe vs. (winner of Ken Anderson/Sketch)
Slade makes his first championship defence against his former partner who kicked him in the dick after their tournament match last month, and the winner of an undercard bout. Gabriel is a fucking cockhead and I'm looking forward to seeing Slade get some revenge.

KellyAnne (w/ Alan Payne) vs. Izzy Shaw
I don't get to see Adelaide's Izzy Shaw often since she mainly gets booked here by the smaller promotions I don't go to, so it will be nice to see her, although I predict she is going to get her head smashed. KellyAnne is fantastic of course and her and Alan Payne are a good pairing which could lead to some interesting moments in the coming months.

Jonathan Preston vs. Nick Bury
Nick Bury is such an effective heel in MCW that I find it hard to get behind him as a face. No matter how honestly he's wrestling I never feel that it's genuine, even though he is good at it. I don't really know what to expect from Preston as a singles wrestler but it looks like he is going it alone both here and in MCW so we will find out what he has to offer.

Street fight: Cadman vs. Big Cuz
This is not going to match the level of violence of last month's Jun Kasai vs Mad Dog match but it is two big cunts smacking the shit out of each other with weapons. That is never not entertaining.

Ken Anderson vs. Sketch
This was just going to be a normal exhibition match until Ken asked for the winner to advance to the championship match and management was like "fuck it ok". I'd expect Ken to win since he lost last time he was here and he'll be back in the future. You don't really want your international star losing all the time because then he's not a star.

Syd Parker (w/ Erika Reid) vs. MadDog vs. Elliot Sexton vs. Adam Brooks
Syd Parker is one of the best wrestlers in Melbourne. MCW has him pegged as a tag team wrestler for the foreseeable future (which is not a bad thing because Panic is a great team) but until then BCW is his place to shine as a single. I expect he'll win this match and move into the main event scene.

Also Orlando Jordan will be there doing god knows what. Tickets are available at the door.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

5-25-17 7:10am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

❤️Results of BCW 6

Ken Anderson def. Sketch
Kellyanne def. Izzy Shaw
Johnathan Preston def. Nick Bury
Syd Parker def. Elliot Sexton, JXT and Mad Dog
Shelton Benjamin def. Cletus
Big Cuz def. Cadman
BCW Heavyweight Championship: Slade Mercer def. Gabriel Wolfe and Ken Anderson

They announced that at BCW 7 in July it will be BCW vs Pro Wrestling Land's End with a main event of Slade Mercer vs. Ryoji Sai and at BCW 8 in August Rob Van Dam will be taking on Syd Parker.

Some other news from around the world

MCW alumni Toni Storm has become first Progress Women's Champion.

Travis Banks has won the Progress Super Strong Style 16 tournament.

Evie💗 has arrived at the WWE performance center (pictured here with some Welsh girl).

Mark Davis made his debut for WCPW at their Fight Back event. Josh Shooter and Charli Evans have also moved to the UK recently.

---

6-09-17 6:19am (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Tonight is MCW Hostile Takeover from the MCW Arena in Essendon and here is what is happening.

MCW Heavyweight Championship: Dowie James (c) vs. TK Cooper (w/Dahlia Black)
Last month TK and Dahlia made their return to MCW after the UK didn't want them any more. TK was successful in his match against Mike Burr and made it known that he returned to MCW to win the gold. Dowie originally told TK to get in line, but after TK attacked Dowie and Mr. Juicy later in the show, Dowie changed his mind and wanted the match at the next event. I am expecting Dowie to win here, simply because Super Dowie is the best and beats everyone! Although he will have to overcome a lot of cheating from the South Pacific Power Couple I'm sure.

MCW Intercommonwealth Championship: JXT (c) vs. Johnathan Preston
JXT has been taking on all comers in his Intercommonwealth Championship sesh, defeating Adelaide's Dean Valente, Perth's Alex Kingston and USA's Brady Pierce. But now for the first time his challenge comes from within MCW. After losing the their tag team championship rematch at Keep It 100, Preston turned on his partner Alan Payne and now looks to start his single career as a champion. Preston doesn't have much experience as a singles wrestler so I can't see him getting the job done here.

Emanuelle vs. Alan Payne
Emanuelle made his return to MCW at Keep it 100, attacking Alan Payne after Preston & Payne's loss to the World's Friendliest Bastards and aligning himself with Johnathan Preston. Now Payne, who was already insane, is looking for revenge and frankly, Emmanuelle is fucked. After missing about a year with a shoulder injury I can see only more pain for Emanuelle in his first match back.

Kellyanne vs. Amity Row
Madison Eagles' gauntlet continues as this month she has sent Western Australia's Amity Row. I don't know much about Amity Row other than she is a part of Davis Storm's group, but I do know that she is going to get knocked out, be it by cannonball or elbow, because Kellyanne is a killing machine and none of these interstate girls can fuck with her.

Tag Team Championship #1 contender match: Fun Time Trouble vs. Jake Andrewartha and Ali vs. Brat Pack
This will be an interesting match. Ali and Jake struggling to work together, the Brat Pack with their incessant cheating, and Mike trying to keep Phil's hijinks in check. I have no idea who is going to win but I will go with Bury and Waterman as they are the only team who are 100% on the same page.

---

6-09-17 6:32pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

dcomposed wrote:
MCW alumni Toni Storm

[color=red]

When I noticed I had made this mistake I was pretty embarrassed about it, but then MCW did the same thing and I didn't feel so bad. Toni Storm is officially in WWE's Mae Young Classic now, one of the first four names announced. Hopefully representing Australia because then we might actually have a good chance of winning.

Here are the results of MCW Hostile Takeover

Elliot Sexton opened the show with an awesome segment where he cut a promo on the fans and quit MCW.
Kellyanne def. Amity Row
Alan Payne def. Emmanuelle via DQ
Brat Pack def. Jake and Ali, Fun Time Trouble
After the match Krackerjak declared the championship match would happen immediately (because he can do shit like that) and
MCW Tag Team Championship: Brat Pack def. World's Friendliest Bastards
MCW Intercommonwealth Championship: JXT def. Johnathan Preston
MCW Championship: TK Cooper NC Dowie James
During the match referee Edwin Lay was knocked to the floor and a replacement referee came out. The replacement ref counted a pinfall victory for Cooper but Edwin saw that Dowie had a foot on the bottom rope before Dahlia knocked it off and ordered the match to be restarted. But TK Cooper decided instead to beat up both referees and fuck off with the belt.

[/color]

---

6-22-17 7:06am (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Tonight is MCW Fight To Survive, the last show in Essendon before Ballroom Brawl. It has two big championship matches.

MCW Heavyweight Championship: TK Cooper (w/ Dahlia Black) vs. Dowie James
The title is in dispute. Last month TK won the championship but the match was restarted and then ended in a no contest. Tonight there must be a winner. Sadly I think the cheating of the SPPC will be too much and unless Dahlia is suspended above the ring in a shark cage or Dowie has something up his sleeve, the championship is going to New Zealand :(.
MCW Intercommonwealth Championship: JXT (c) vs. Adam Brooks
Brooks has been out injured for a while; he was last seen in MCW losing the iron man match against Dowie James at Clash of the Titans. Now he wants to recapture the Intercommonwealth Championship. I have no idea who is going to win this. JXT has been a very interesting champion to watch, taking on anyone who wanted a shot, but can he beat Adam Brooks? Can Adam Brooks really lose two championship matches in a row? We will find out.
Kelly Anne vs. Mortar
Mortar is scary. This might be Kellyanne's biggest challenge yet in Madison Eagles' Gauntlet. Mortar is an upcoming young wrestler from Victoria who is making her MCW debut. This is weird because she seems like the next big women's star and I would have expected her to come into MCW with a big push maybe a year from now, but now she has to lose her first match.
Fun Time Trouble vs. The Fighting Taylor Brothers
The Fighting Taylor Brothers are not Chuck Taylor and Brian Cage-Taylor, they are Zane & Ritchie who are making their MCW debut. Zane & Ritchie are the NAW tag team champions but I don't go to NAW so I don't know how good they are. I don't expect them to fare well tonight though.
Davis Storm vs. ?
Davis Storm, the fuckwit from EPW, makes his return to MCW as a regular member of the roster. He has been talking some shit and making threats on youtube and we will find out tonight which poor cunt is going to get it. Sexton's departure left a big hole in the roster and Davis Storm is a good pick up to fill it.

Also Mr. Juicy will be there to address his injury and status for Ballroom Brawl and The Brat Pack will have a tag team championship celebration. Hope to see you all there.

---

7-14-17 6:08pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

MCW Fight To Survive results

Fun Time Trouble def. The Fighting Taylor Brothers
Cletus Blood def. Jake Lindo
Weird match don't know why it happened. Cletus hasn't been a regular in MCW for four years.
No DQ: Davis Storm def. KrackerJak
MCW Intercommonwealth Championship: Adam Brooks def. JXT
Prior to this match Johnathan Preston came to the ring to talk some shit about Alan Payne. JXT interrupted him and as he was in the ring speaking to Preston, Emmanuelle chloroformed JXT and left him laying. Then Brooks came out and ordered the ref to start the match, hit a swanton and won the title. I was looking forward to this match and was disappointed we didn't get to see it but shit like this happens some times in wrestling. After the match Brooks challenged Will Ospreay to match at Ballroom Brawl.
Kellyanne def. Mortar
This was a good match. Kellyanne is usually the bigger and stronger wrestler so having her on the other side made for an interesting match. Mortar looked good even though she lost and I hope she returns soon.
MCW Heavyweight Championship: TK Cooper def. Dowie James
This was an awesome match, one of the best I have been to. They were evenly match but the cheating from Dahlia was incessant and eventually was too much for Dowie to overcome.
MCW Heavyweight Championship: Mr. Juicy def. TK Cooper
After TK won the championship, Mr. Juicy, who earlier in the night announced he was cleared to compete, came out and cashed in his guaranteed championship match a month early. TK and Dahlia tried their usual shit but TK accidentally KOd Dahlia with a punch to the face and Juicy was able to get the win. TK and Dahlia have their visas sorted and they're going back to England.

Tonight is the big one, Ballroom Brawl at the Thornbury Theatre.

MCW Heavyweight Championship: Mr. Juicy (c) vs. Dowie James
Mr Juicy was originally scheduled to challenge for Dowie's championship at this event. Now the title has changed hands twice and the champion and challenger have swapped positions.
MCW Intercommonwealth Championship: Adam Brooks (c) vs. Will Ospreay
This is the one we have all been waiting for. Will is one of the best wrestlers in the world and I believe Adam Brooks is on that level as well so I'd expect them to tear the house down. Will beat Robbie Eagles for the PWA Championship in Sydney last night and announced he is working on becoming a permanent resident of Australia which is pretty fucking exciting news.
MCW Tag Team Championship: The Brat Pack (c) vs. Fun Time Trouble
Kellyanne vs. Bea Priestley
Former WCPW Womens Champion Bea Priestley has traveled all the way from the UK to be KTFO by Australia's best :)
Davis Storm vs. Lochy Hendricks
JXT vs. Johnathan Preston
Ballroom Brawl Rumble
Dude I love Royal Rumble matches. That's my favourite event of the year in WWE and it's one of the highlights in MCW as well.

---

8-04-17 11:29pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

I forgot to post my prediction for the Ballroom Brawl match. I predicted Bushwhacker Luke would win, which was quite wrong as he wasn't even in it. Jonah Rock ended up winning which is pretty cool. He hasn't been in MCW since last October.

MCW Tag Team Championship: The Brat Pack def. Fun Time Trouble
After the match pAnic came out to make it known they want the belts :). Those two teams already did the big No DQ match in February but I'll take more.
JXT def. Johnathan Preston
Lochy Hendricks def. Davis Storm
After the match Storm told Lochy that he is better than KrackerJak. And later during the rumble KrackerJak accidentally speared Lochy so it looks like this team is coming to an end.
Jonah Rock wins Ballroom Brawl Rumble
MCW Intercommonwealth Championship: Will Ospreay def. Adam Brooks
This match was even better than I thought it was going to be.
Kellyanne def. Bea Priestley
MCW Heavyweight Championship: Jonah Rock def. Mr. Juicy, Dowie James
Jonah Rock cashed in his contract from winning the Ballroom Brawl during the scheduled match between Mr. Juicy and Dowie James. This was a really good match but the crowd was dead after Ospreay/Brooks.

Tonight is MCW New Horizons at the Arrow Ballroom. It's the biggest venue they have run and they are almost sold out already. NJPW are holding a tryout before the show so there are a lot of wrestlers here from interstate, as well as Bad Luck Fale who is heading the AU/NZ expansion.

MCW Heavyweight Championship: Jonah Rock (c) vs. Dowie James
MCW Intercommonwealth Championship and PWA Heavyweight Championship: Will Ospreay (c) vs. Robbie Eagles vs. Adam Brooks
Although Ospreay's stay in NZ is coming to an end, he will be back so he could retain the championships. Brooks has never wrestled in PWA so if he wins he will be debuting there as champion, which might actually be a good idea after all the hype his match with Ospreay got. Robbie seems like the most likely to win but regardless who wins, this match is going to be insane.
TMDK (Marcius Pitt and Damian Slater) vs. Mr. Juicy and Bad Luck Fale
MCW Tag Team Championship: The Brat Pack (c) vs. pAnic vs. The World's Friendliest Bastards
Shazza McKenzie vs. Kellyanne vs. Bea Priestley
Was going to be Shazza vs. Priestley and Kellyanne vs. Madison Eagles, but Eagles was injured last week. That was the match I was most looking forward to after the double title match. We'll get it eventually.
IC Championship #1 contender match: Caveman Ugg vs. Hayden Zenith vs. Sean Kustom vs. JXT vs. Nick Armstrong vs. Mike Burr
Probably JXT will win since he and Mike are the only two who live in Melbourne.

---

8-18-17 10:49pm (new)

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Melbourne Pro Wrestling

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account