Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Photoshop Valley » How do we use photoshop?

Author

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Is it a case of cutting out stuff and pasting it in places or what?

---
I am not 16 going on not 17, I know that I'm naive.

1-20-02 2:56am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

There's a little bit more to it than that.

Choosing source images carefully so that shadows and lighting are reasonably close is important. Choosing colours, and recolouring things that don't match, is one of the trickier things. I am 100% self-taught as far as this kind of thing goes, so I don't know how the pros do it. I just do it my own way.

If you have a specific project in mind, post your original here on the forum and describe what you want to do with them. Maybe I and others can give you some tips on how to go about it.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

1-20-02 6:40am (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Sounds too complicated for me. No I didn't have anything specific, just seeing if I could mess about with a few things, if there is something I think of I'll ask though, thanks anyway DexX.

---

1-20-02 7:26am (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

First you have to buy a copy of Photoshop. There's an unshaven guy with an Alsatian down the Barras who sells them for ten quid a pop. He seems to get busted at least once a month, but always just returns. You have to admire his spirit.

1-20-02 10:11am (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

Photoshop Collage Techniques teaches nice things to know like masks and how to use them. My work - when I have work - focuses more on information architecture than creating graphics, but there are times when I get to make pictures. Very few that I get paid for involve sodomy.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

1-20-02 9:37pm (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Right, I've played about on Paint (put kaufmans face, on Vivi's from FFIX badly) but I can't put it anywhere, I tried putting it on my homepage but it will only accept jig. .gpeg and whatever they are, but not bmp. which mine is.Is there anything I can do so that you can see my "masterpiece"?

---

2-20-02 3:17am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

I've been using Paint Shop Pro, myself. I've actually got Photoshop installed, but I've been using PSP for so long that it's hard to learn how to do things with a different tool.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

2-20-02 3:42am (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Is PSP done on the net? Maybe it's impossible to do it with Paint.

---

2-20-02 5:03am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

www.jasc.com for Paint Shop Pro.... 30-day evaluation version. And if you look hard enough in the newsgroups, you'll find a serial or a crack.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

2-20-02 7:43am (new)

itsclark
Bar Room Superman

Member Rated:

I've been using Paint Shop Pro too. I ganked PhotoShop off the net one night (after tracking it forever through a maze of dead links). But at some point I reformatted and then found that my back-ups were corrupt. Guess it had to happen among at least one of the 20 or more compressed disks! If only I'd had the CD burner back then.

---
"You'll burn for this. Burn in jail!"

2-20-02 7:52am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

I use PSP and would recommend paying for it just because I think those guys deserve it. There's also a freebie called GIMP. It has very impressive features but the Win32 version is kind of a wobbly port. I just tried it out and it worked fine until I closed it, at which point it crashed. But hey, it's free, and it beats the hell out of Paint.

---
What others say about boorite!

2-20-02 8:01am (new)

buhzilla
Junior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

I think the best way to do photo edditting is to print the pictures on paper and cut them up with sissors and glue them on to an other piece of pqaper and draw any more changesn with crayons and ask dad to scan it for me.

When my grounding is ovewr and my mother lets me us sissrs again i will giv it a try!!!!

---
Well B'UH!

2-20-02 8:27am (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

I used PSP for years until I got a copy of Photoshop. PSP is good stuff, but the layering in Photoshop makes life so much easier.

Does PSP do that these days?

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

2-20-02 8:55pm (new)

joshw
I'm spooky.

Member Rated:

I use gimp. Good program. It's freeware, incase you care.

---
:\

2-20-02 10:39pm (new)

Stripcreator » Photoshop Valley » How do we use photoshop?

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests