Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC 41: Not Quite the Answer to the Great Question

Author

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Hurry up with those rules, math boy.

---
What others say about boorite!

7-06-01 8:43am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

DrPedantic
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Sure. In just about every language I can think of, "42--" will cause an error. This is usually because you're trying to alter the value of a constant. As far as I know, FORTRAN is the only language which allows you to perform such a moronic action. And I don't remember whether FORTRAN even had an autodecrement operator. On the whole, you might have been better off with something like "$i = 42; $i--;".

Now, as to the meaning of "42 - -", which is what you really typed in the title of your comic, I've no clue. You appear to be trying to subtract a subtraction sign, or maybe the standard input stream, from a constant.

But hey, I don't know what more we should expect from a guy who can't even spell the name of his own web site correctly.

---
Get it right!

7-06-01 11:55am (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

When I typed the title into the Stripcreator, the two hyphens merged into one line and I was afraid that when the comic was made they'd still look that way. So I stuck a space in between them.

As for the argument, you are of course correct. I got it completely wrong. I'm a dumb twit and should be ashamed of myself.

[Click to view comic: '42--']

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

7-06-01 6:26pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

(Didn't mean to offend, mind you. But it's hard to stop when you're on a roll. Told you I was a compulsive copy editor. Insert emoticon here.)

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

7-06-01 9:24pm (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

Haha! I made you feel bad, you pedantic fuck! I didn't really care all that much. I think the majority of us that have been here a while have developed pretty thick skins. If we hadn't, wirthling and I would have dueled to the death long ago. And I would have won since he's such a pansy-assed felchmonkey.

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

7-07-01 6:11am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC 41: Not Quite the Answer to the Great Question

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests