Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Photoshop Valley » Ivytopian Flag Contest

Author

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

I started a flag contest for Ivytopia at the beginning of November and I've only received one entry. While it's a good entry, I was hoping for more. I decided I should find someplace to hold a second contest where people are used to this kinda thing and lo! and behold! Photoshop Valley spoke to me and said...

Well, anyway. I'm going to hold a new Ivytopian Flag Contest here, unless someone objects. After all, I have entertained (or not) people with my delightful (or not) tales of Ivytopia.

Flags must follow these criteria:

1. Be in GIF, JPEG, or PNG format. Raw Photoshop format will be accepted but please, NO Bitmap images!
2. Be at least 500 pixels wide, or 300 pixels high. You can still adjust the proportions to your liking, but if your flag is used, we must be able to increase its size without the images turning to giant pixels. Shrinking images is a lot easier than expanding.
3. Use symbols that represent Ivytopia. Check our list of National Stuff before you start.
4. Don't pick symbols that "just look cool," especially if there is already an Ivytopian equivalent. For example, don't cover the flag in orchids when our National Flower is the Daffodil.
5. Try not to use a whole rainbow of colors. Our national colors are green, blue, and purple. There's no specific shade as even HTML and other color codes appear differently on different computers.
6. Black and white flags are allowed.
7. Bonus points to anyone who can design a coat-of-arms for Ivytopia as well. Even more bonus points if you can design a coat-of-arms for each ministry.
8. More bonus points for designing a humorous Ivytopian flag along with initial entry.
9. Super triple dog dare points if a flag and national seal (and other ministry seals) can be designed.

What will you win? Well, other than the gratitude of the government of Ivytopia, you'll win Honorary Citizenship and a free traditional passport...though to be quite honest, the Ministry of Printing is slacking in their duties so it may take some time.

Depending on the entries, there might be multiple winners. It's common for countries to have more than one flag depending on the purpose. The flag typically called the Confederate flag is, in fact, the battle flag used by the Confederate army, not the Confederate national flag itself. So if several entries are liked by the Council of Law, then several might win and be used for different aspects of Ivytopia.

That's it. I'll hold the contest for a week to start, and if the number of entries is...lacking...I'll extend it through December. But I'd rather not, so get them in!

ivytheplant

12-03-03 11:47am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Ivytopia Flag Suggestion']

I made this to make Ivy smile.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

12-05-03 2:52pm (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

This is the kind of fun thing I would enter if I had time, so, as it's coming up to Christmas, I'm earmarking the aftyernoon of Thursday 18th (after the office pub lunch) to come up with something.

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

12-10-03 1:17pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

There's plenty o' time. I realized I'm in no hurry to do anything, especially since I'm up to my earballs in this stupid stratigraphy project. Grumble...

I figure at some point in the future I'll make a decision, or whatever. Payday...so...close...

ivy

12-11-03 12:21am (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Oh yeah. Prizes. Shoulda posted that sooner.

If the winner is a regular user, I'll donate to Brad in their name to be a donor.

If the winner is already a donor and has a regular alias then I'll donate to Brad in the name of the alias (iff'n they want to).

If the winner is a donor and either doesn't have an alias or the alias already is a donor then the prize is uranium.

Yes, I'm trying to drum up more interest by offering bribes. No I'm not kidding about the uranium.

2-14-04 5:27pm (new)

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

I've got something in the works for you, Ivy... I should get it to you by next Saturday (I'll have access to a scanner then)

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

2-14-04 5:53pm (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

Uranium? I must win. If I get that uranium, I can finally begin work on my wormhole technology!!!

The secrets of the universe will be mine to unlock!

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

2-14-04 6:06pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

quote:
Uranium? I must win. If I get that uranium, I can finally begin work on my wormhole technology!!!

The secrets of the universe will be mine to unlock!

Looks like some evil-doer bombing is in order.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

2-14-04 8:23pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

2-14-04 9:02pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

So do I win?

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

2-27-04 6:32pm (new)

MaxPayne
Senior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

---
leggo my dcomposed! ®

2-27-04 10:55pm (new)

EvilZak
Senior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

---
AFROMANS MOVE

2-28-04 12:50am (new)

MaxPayne
Senior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

excellent use of pokemon zak. although I'm almost ashamed to admit I know the name of that particular pokemon ...

---
leggo my dcomposed! ®

2-28-04 3:30am (new)

MaxPayne
Senior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

---
leggo my dcomposed! ®

2-28-04 3:40am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Leaflets three... let it be.

---

3-01-04 4:17pm (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

Leaflets four...uh, dude, are you sure we can smoke this?

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

3-01-04 4:29pm (new)

NeKo_chan
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

here's a coat of arms entry

the leaves around the shield are ivy
the motto is "Ivy rocks my socks" in french

sorry about how big it is and the lowish resolution...

3-17-04 6:13pm (new)

Stripcreator » Photoshop Valley » Ivytopian Flag Contest

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help