Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » I am a bastard

Author

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

About two and a half years ago I had a tiff with Brad and left SC.com in a huff. Apart from losing regular contact with such a great community of cool people, this moment of misguided anger also denied some people a CD-swap compilation from me. Turns out, I was at pretty much the lowest, darkest point of a decade of depression.

Now that I'm back, I'm seeing the activity in this thread and, well, I'm feeling like a right bastard. I actually felt so guilty about leaving so many people without their CDs at the time that, although they are sitting in a neat row on my CD shelf, I have only ever listened to my CDs from round one.

Anyway, I want to make up for it. If you were one of the people denied a CD back in March/April 2003 and you are still around, please email me your address and I will send you a super-duper limited edition extended version of my original Songs from the South, expanded to a 2-disc set. The original was one disc, first half older songs, second half newer songs. I'm thinking I'll put on all the original tracks, but double it up and make a whole CD each of pre-1990 and post-1990.

I have lost all the original emails, you see. I can't even remember for certain all of the people who were in my first group and my second. I have CDs from:

- ladyjdotnet
- evil_d (pretty sure this is second-round)
- someone called Clark (itsclark maybe?)
- Fuzzyman (definitely second round)

I also have CDs from bunnerabb, redcurrant, and ArtemisStrong, but I know these ones were first round. They are all welcome to ask for SftS v2se if they want it, though. :)

Apologies to everyone disappointed all those years ago. Hopefully I can make it up to you. Oh, I'll throw in some original SC.com art like I did last time if anyone wants it, too.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

9-25-05 4:19am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Are you sure it wasn't a minute and a huff?

quote:
I have lost all the original emails, you see. I can't even remember for certain all of the people who were in my first group and my second. I have CDs from:

- ladyjdotnet
- evil_d (pretty sure this is second-round)
- someone called Clark (itsclark maybe?)
- Fuzzyman (definitely second round)

In the name of all that is good and holy, send fuzzyman the discs. He's been swapscrewed too many times and did not deserve such treatment. I'll send you his address if he doesn't. :)

Glad you're over your depression or at least the deepest abysmal part of it. I was just starting here when you went huffing away, so I didn't know there was a problem. Anyway, welcome back. Once you send out these make-up discs, I'm sure choadwarrior will let you join subsequent swaps.

Oh, and that was almost certainly itsclark, but he hasn't been around in a while.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

9-29-05 8:44pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

I've lost postal details for all of these people, sadly. Dug around in my old emails for ages...

---

9-29-05 9:12pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Yeah fuzzy sends the best discs, the one from last round was aces, but I havent got round to telling him that yet so keep it under your chin for now.

Welcome Back Dexx

9-30-05 1:32pm (new)

bunnerabb
Some bloke.

Member Rated:

You know how to get a hold of me, but.. I mean.. let's face it:

I don't really have a lot of cutting ege, hip, obscure music to share which is why I think I should stay away from these things.

Who wants a bunch of '70s, '80s and '90s crap they've already heard?

I think I'll just spare verybody from listening to my M.A.F.B. CD collection :)

---
I wanted my half in the middle and I wound up on the edge.

11-19-05 1:31am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

You got the originl. Care for the expanded version?

I'm proud of the Aussie music scene, and I love to send it abroad.

---

11-25-05 6:02am (new)

bunnerabb
Some bloke.

Member Rated:

Shit yeah.

More Cold Chisel, too!

: )

---
I wanted my half in the middle and I wound up on the edge.

12-01-05 5:13am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

I'll get around to this soon.

Working 9-5 is playing hell with my laziness.

---

12-03-05 8:31pm (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » I am a bastard

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help