Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Read My Damn Comics » My comics:

Author

Nafla
Stripcreator Newbie

So i'm a newbie, why not try it out anyways??
It's not THAT bad.Look at them, PLEEEEEEEASE.... What else do you have to do?.

---
Yep

10-04-01 3:32pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

'Bill' almost made me grin. Almost. The rest of them made me wish I'd spent those two minutes heating up my fake corn dogs like I was planning. I think I'll do that now.

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

10-04-01 6:57pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

No, they're not all that bad.
Of course, they're not that good either. I'll try to be more constructive in a few minutes...

10-04-01 7:16pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Your latest comic "WTF" is actually somewhat of an improvement over the ones I saw before. It's still not a particutlarly great strip, but I would probably give it a 3 or 4 before moving on (as opposed to just hitting the stripcreator.com link at the top of the screen to refresh the page without voting).

I liked the punchline, but felt that the two panels preceeding it could have benefitted by having the two characters talk about something more esoteric... perhaps with shades of the bizzare, illegal, or sexually deviant.

Your "Bill" comic was also one of the better ones, but I can't say as it's stunning in its humor value. Jon asking the narrator for pizza kind of killed the humor for me... I've read a lot of strips, and I find that such an unneccisary addition in a punchline has that effect almost every time.

The only other one I'll comment on is your first one. It's a peeve of mine to see half a bench hanging in midair... it's another peve of mine to see combustion jokes, and I think that only a very few people ever do them justice. I personally have only done one combustion joke (that I can remember) and it was this...

[Click to view comic: 'The Wrong thing to say (to DragonXero)']

Even though I think it's funny, I realize that it might be too much to ask that not only should 100% of my readers get the metalhead humor, but that it sadly is too much to ask that 100% of them know the meaning of the word "Immolation."

10-04-01 7:31pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Oh yeah, there was one other combustion comic I did that I'm aware of... it was intentionally a spoof on most of the combustion comics I've seen, and makes no sense at all out of the context of the contest.

[Click to view comic: 'CC 65: The Dramatized Television Reinactment']

It's also not very funny.

10-04-01 7:34pm (new)

Nafla
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Thanks for the feedback. I'll come back when i improve a little. :)

---
Yep

10-05-01 4:31pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Sure, and thank you for being a good sport about it. I really don't mean to sound harsh in my appraisals, it just comes from workshopping a lot of short fiction.

By all means keep trying, and no matter what, you should make strips that *you* like. It's just an added bonus if others do too.

10-05-01 6:32pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Hey, please feel free to hang around now. Any newbie who is as easygoing as you seem to be is okay by me.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

10-06-01 2:25am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Most definitely stick around.

I would say "sit back and watch how we do it," but considering that I think my best strip ever was also my second strip ever... that probably doesn't hold true exactly. ;)

10-06-01 2:57am (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

The real secret is making so many comics that no one can possibly keep up with reading them all. Not giving a rat's ass what anyone thinks of your work is pretty handy, too. I don't care if my comics are funny. As long as they debase wirthling, they're ok by me.

[Click to view comic: 'Fuck-You-O-Gram']

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

10-06-01 7:17pm (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

North American Federation of Loving Anus

i feel youang again

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

10-08-01 12:46pm (new)

Stripcreator » Read My Damn Comics » My comics:

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help