Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » System Notices » New comic comment tracking

Author

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

If you're logged in and look up top left, you should see some comic comment tracking. It should work about the same as private messages and uses the same window so you can switch between them.

---
www.bradsucks.net

5-18-07 8:40am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Thanks, Bard.

5-18-07 9:26am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Awesome awesome awesome.

You're a genius. Did your xbox emulator help with this in any way?

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

5-18-07 12:59pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

awesomez0r, thanks Brad. little bug though--when i left click on the comic title link and select "open link in new tab," it just opens another one of the "view new comic comments" pages. i'm running firefox 2.0.0.3

---
what if nigger meant kite

5-18-07 2:25pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

mandingo

I'm not sure this is a bug. When you click "view new comments" it should pop up in a new window, then when you left-click on the comic name it should open the comic in the previous window. That seemed to be the best way to handle it, as opening the comic in the small popup would suck.

---
www.bradsucks.net

5-18-07 6:05pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

Brad

I'm not sure this is a bug. When you click "view new comments" it should pop up in a new window, then when you left-click on the comic name it should open the comic in the previous window. That seemed to be the best way to handle it, as opening the comic in the small popup would suck.

but when i right click the comic name and select open in a new tab, it is opening in the small popup, and the page that is opening isn't the comic as it should be, but a second "view new comments" page. that make sense?

(i made this more complicated than it should be because i originally said "left click" when i should have said "right click." i have my mouse buttons reversed so for me it is a left click)

---

5-18-07 7:06pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

It makes sense, but that's the way Firefox handles opening new tabs. It's done in the current window, which means loading comics in that tiny window.

The only other option I can see is to open a whole new window when you click on the comic name.

Is loading it in the previous window not working for you?

---
www.bradsucks.net

5-19-07 5:42am (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

I have 106 new comic comments!

Wait.

Aw...

Cool feature, though.

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

5-19-07 2:38pm (new)

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

The "new comments" feature seems to rely on your cookie settings.  It was cool when I logged in at work, but when I logged in at home I had the 84 new comments all over again.  Then when I used a different browser at home I had 84 new comments all over again.  I assume if my cookies ever get cleared I'll have 84 new comments all over again.  And if I get a new comment, I'll see it new in three different places.

I find this a bit odd because I don't think the PMs work this way.

---
peddling the funny around since 09/24/2002

5-19-07 3:27pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

Bradno, that's fine. if you know about it, that's all i care about. i just thought you weren't getting it cause of my left click/right click thing, and usually you want to know about these things and give me a "thanks, mandingo" when i tell you, and that gets me hard.

rock

hard.

---

5-20-07 12:01am (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

not_Scyess

Ah I forgot to load the cookie from the user database when you log in, should be fixed now.

[edited by Brad on 05-20-07 at 4:05:58pm]

---
www.bradsucks.net

5-20-07 4:55pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Does this mean the PMs no longer do that? I remember early 2006 I had trouble checking messages when I went betweenvarious campus computers and my home computer because it kept telling me I had new messages when in fact, no one wanted to talk to me.

5-23-07 5:50pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

ivytheplant

It shouldn't. It loads the last time you checked your PMs out of your user record, so it should be fine. Unless of course everything's broken.

---
www.bradsucks.net

5-23-07 6:40pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Ah, ok. I hadn't actually checked on another computer in a while so I didn't realize that had been fixed. So far I haven't had any problems with the new stuff on Firefox or Safari. Wootage on comment tracking!

5-24-07 1:12pm (new)

Stripcreator » System Notices » New comic comment tracking

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help