Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » More Comic Competitions » OPC 60: The Horse Moment

Author

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

Lewis Black has a bit about how aneurisms are caused by hearing bits of a story that make no sense without context, story segments that are almost non-sequitors for life itself without the appropriate explanative background.

His example is an experience wherein he passed someone on the street talking on a cell phone and heard this sentence: "If it weren't for my horse, I never would have made it through college."  And thus I call these "Horse Moments".

Generate for me your best horse moments, or even relate a horse moment from your own life.  Judging will be whenever I damn well feel like it, a week, or whenever I remember to check back on this thing.  Whichever comes first.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

11-07-11 12:14pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

Screw you guys.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

11-13-11 6:10pm (new)

ragu4u
Because being DISGUSTING just isn't enough!

Member Rated:

Hey man....I guess none of us have any horse sense!  Besides, I have enough trouble making comics about stuff I halfway understand.

11-15-11 9:02am (new)

four_legged_tripod
Do what to who for how many jellybeans?

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Overheard at the Intermission of an Orchestra Concert']

---
"Humiliation is humiliation only when you choose to suffer." ~ Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

11-15-11 6:33pm (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

^This.  This is what I'm talking about.

---

11-17-11 5:09pm (new)

Orana
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'In a public restroom...']

---
"Time to prostitute an underage Cambodian" ~Abe Lincoln

11-23-11 2:08pm (new)

fpd
Doctor of Fine Parody

Member Rated:

By serendipity, I made a comic about just such a thing that a little girl said before I read the rules for this contest. I added some imaginary context to the comic, but it was originally said without context:

[Click to view comic: 'Not a swear word']

---
FPD is the foremost plague on discussion boards. Do your part to stomp out FPD.

11-26-11 7:37pm (new)

Orana
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'OPC 60: Award For Best Actress In A Childrens Movie']

---
"Time to prostitute an underage Cambodian" ~Abe Lincoln

11-27-11 1:24am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

If we can get one more person to enter I'll judge this thing.

---

11-28-11 3:11pm (new)

boloboffin
putting the whee in ennui

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Good Aim']

---
You can take the heart out of the hooker but you can't take the hooker out of the heart. -- Frankenhooker

11-28-11 11:50pm (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

Thanks to those of you who actually managed to enter.  Each entry was sufficiently mind-boggling, but as people were fond of saying in that one Christopher Lambert movie with Sean Connery, "There can be only One."

And that one has to be Bolo.  I found myself losing sleep the night after reading his comic, trying to recreate a situation in my mind wherein something like that could happen.  Congratulations.  If I die from an aneurysm in the coming weeks, it's your fault.

---

11-30-11 12:12pm (new)

boloboffin
putting the whee in ennui

Member Rated:

OK, so HCRoyall can sleep easy at night:

That is not a fake. The Lactation of St. Bernard is one of those wack stories you never hear about but actually exists to the point that it became the subject of many medieval paintings. This one is the most watersporty of them all, but they are all rather eye-popping. I'll leave to you to search the other ones up.

So I'll get a contest up ASAP.

---
You can take the heart out of the hooker but you can't take the hooker out of the heart. -- Frankenhooker

12-02-11 4:54am (new)

Stripcreator » More Comic Competitions » OPC 60: The Horse Moment

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help