Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » More Comic Competitions » MCC #2: Hackneying the hackneyed.

Author

iconoclastic
Re-gained confidence. My farts smell good again!

Member Rated:

The subject of this MCC #2 is the frequent use of hackneyed phrases, but with alterations made to suit the circumstances of the comic they're being used in. 

RULES: 

1- Every speech and/or thought bubble must contain one or more hackneyed phrases.

2- Although the phrases may be altered, they should retain some feature that allows them to be recognized. An example would  be "I got herpes on my tongue because I didn't look before I licked. "

3- Any characters, backgrounds, or number of cells may be used.

Although I don't think I ever formally announced it to myself, I like it when I hear clever revisions of old sayings. I guess I even like ones that are altered in less than clever ways i.e., brutish ways. Of course I enjoy ones spoken quickly because they don't sit around languishing on the tongue, and thus tend not to collect large amounts of tongue scum. (I'm not claiming that to be a clever example.) 

JUDGING:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Judging will be sometime after any given entry, but it's hard to predict which entry will be the "given entry". So, I would like it to be within 2 weeks but it might be longer.

5-10-13 1:26pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

ragu4u
Because being DISGUSTING just isn't enough!

Member Rated:

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

5-11-13 9:38am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Stripcreator » More Comic Competitions » MCC #2: Hackneying the hackneyed.

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests