Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » More Comic Competitions » FTC166: THE 'NAYSAYER' WITHIN...

Author

bigworm
FOUNDER OF WORDSMITHLESSNESS INC.

Member Rated:

Did you ever notice how much fun you can have dashing someones hope that something in their life will go well for them? Of course, such efforts can bring negative attention, so we hide our intent with clever and logical reasons. We might even try and disguise our despicable behavior of phony well-wishing with some phony personal experience in the area of discussion. This would act as a prompt to get the 'hopeful one' to ask you about the outcome, so you could then poorly disguise the horrible outcome you had when you were in a similar situation... thus dashing their hopes, and elevating your self esteem to new levels of gratifying wonder.

So, here are the rules of this CC:

- In cell one:

A]   The 'hopeful character' makes a statement expressing their hope for a good resolution to some circumstance in their life i.e., "I hope 'so and so' is at the dance tomorrow so I can get a chance to slow dance with her." or "I applied for two positions, and I hope I get one of them."

B]   The 'naysayer' must poo-poo the hope of the 'hopeful character' by defining hope in some negative way or making some statement about why it would be a better idea not to invest too much hope in the matter.

- In cell two:

A]   The 'hopeful character' resorts to using some other method or type of reasoning  to support their now dashed hope that a good outcome will be the result for them.

B]   The 'naysayer' must again poo-poo whatever the 'hopeful character' has to say.

- In cell three:

The result/punchline of the comic.

So there you have it. Judging will be (probably) 10 days- 2 weeks.

PS. I hope the above is understandable. I'll try and do an example comic very soon.

---
bigworm

8-27-13 9:26pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

bigworm

Member Rated:

Okay, I've erred in my handling of this FTC166. I presume that it's not age related, as I'm only 27 years old. True, my body looks a tad older, but that's life.

So here is the revised format: below is the template to use, which I had previously (for some non age related reason), failed to provide:

-Use the dialog provided in the first cell by completing the character's statement of hope.

-Use any other character(s) to poo-poo his hopeful statement.

-Background(s) and number of cells are also your choice.

-I've also included a sample comic in order to secretly redeem myself.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!

[Click to view comic: 'FTC166: TEMPLATE']

[Click to view comic: 'FTC166: SAMPLE COMIC']

---
bigworm

8-30-13 7:05pm (new)

ragu4u
Because being DISGUSTING just isn't enough!

Member Rated:

I'm confused....I think I'll skip this one.  It's asking for thoughts above my pay grade.

8-31-13 1:21pm (new)

bigworm

Member Rated:

Thank you ragu4u for your comment.

There will be a new FTC166[REVISED] posted on this same day.

This version of FTC166 (as described herein) is hereby closed.

---
bigworm

9-18-13 11:18am (new)

Stripcreator » More Comic Competitions » FTC166: THE 'NAYSAYER' WITHIN...

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests