[Click to view comic: 'The Good Old Days']
[Click to view comic: 'The Good Old Days 2']
[Click to view comic: 'The Good Old Days 3']
[Click to view comic: 'The Good Old Days 4']
[Click to view comic: 'The Good Old Days 5']
For historical reference I will place some classic quotes from my private message bin and links to crazy times below. Enjoy!
The Time Inflatable_man said my daughter should be ****d by Mexicans because I made a Steve Irwin joke shortly after his death.
There was this guy CHUBBY who would make 500 political comics a day. He was clearly insane. Here I made him lose his mind with a pretty harmless comic critiquing his style. He is probably the only person to be banned while running a comic contest.
I can't find THE kaenash thread where his child porn stuff was found and boorite posted directions to his home and stuff. I think there was a law suit involved and it got very intense. That being said, THIS thread here really sums up Kaenash perfectly. That guy was the worst.
Here's a great PM I got from ivytheplant about tea. I always appreciated this and at the time I printed it out when I was going to get into tea. I never got into tea.
1. Loose tea has less sediment involved, but pre-packaged bags are more convenient. Just depends on what you want at the time. Sediment is bitter and annoys me, so I brew a lot of loose tea when I have the time.
2. Black tea (Earl Grey, China Black, English Breakfast, etc) and green tea (Jasmine Green, Dragonwel Green, etc) both have caffeine, though there are decaf varieties. For the record, green tea has about 15-20 milligrams of caffeine per cup. That's a lot lower than most sodas. Black tea has about 45 milligrams, which is up there with soda. If you brew it weak, it has even less.
3. Herbal teas usually have no caffeine and come in a bazillion flavors.
4. Different herbs have different effects. Catnip makes humans sleepy, chamomile relaxes (also a good hair rinse), mint is relaxing (and minty fresh!)
5. When brewing tea, never use boiling water. It will make the tea bitter and less enjoyable. Of course, some teas are bitter pieces of ass, like Bigelow's Vanilla Caramel. Stay away from that one!
6. 3/4 of a coffee cup of water will be the right amount for tea. I usually use half a cup because I like adding milk to my Earl Grey.
7. Sweeteners are pretty much based on preference. Plain sugar is fine, despite what tea snobs say. Turbinado sugar tastes like molassas and isn't always good in plain teas. I like honey in most of my teas and you can buy honey sticks from tea or gourmet stores that are single serving plastic tubes of honey, enough for one cup of tea. And they come in different flavors (mint tea and mint honey...yum!). I also flavor my Earl Grey with plain sugar and milk. I only did that to drive my mom nuts.
8. Other varieties of tea, like white teas, are some of my favorites, but they're ass expensive (think "pick certain part of plant on certain day at certain time when the planets align, etc etc). And there's little flavor, but they're good mixed with other flavors.
9. If you really want to go all-out, you can mix your own teas. This takes finding a shop that sells plain bulk teas and herbs (Laramie has one thank goodness). Basic formula is starting with a base of one type of tea: black, white, green. Then mix it with various other (dried) herbs (and sometimes dried berries) for different flavors and effects.
Green tea with Jasmine flowers
Green tea with peppermint leaves
Green tea with lemon
Green tea with chamomile
Black tea with dried cranberries, raspberries, or blueberries
Black tea with orange peel (i.e. Earl Grey)
Black tea with peppermint leaves
White tea with (insert anything fruity here, even fruit juice)
Chamomile with mint leaves
Chamomile with lemon
Any of the above mixed with dried hibiscus
10. Green tea is supposed to be an antioxidant. It also comes in antioxidant varieties (how does that work if it's already an antioxidant). For the record, cranberries are also antioxidants. I just really like cranberry juice.
That's all my addled brain can think of for now.
From ivytheplant :: 03-28-06 01:55am ( reply :: delete )
Here's the first PM I ever received. It really meant a lot to me. Sometimes I go back and jsut read it to make myself feel good. This was my old signature once upon a time.
Hi. I'm curious about your tagline "Punched in the ass by hate"... I think it is a great slogan and we've adopted it around the office here as what is said when somebody gets screwed over. But we're all wondering if there's more to the story? Thanks in advance, KCF
From KungChiFu :: 08-21-03 02:50pm ( reply :: delete )
I have no idea what this is in reference to, but it's funny.
I think you need a big black **** in your mouth (just for a minute), to teach you a valuable lesson in psychoergonomical personnel relativism and related operational habits.
From theReverend :: 01-22-06 11:54am ( reply :: delete )
I mentioned really regretting what I said to lil_kitty. Here is her PM on the situation. I am still embarassed about it today. All I can think of is that I was really depressed and just really enjoyed being shocking on here. I was kind of an ass, but this is one of the few times where I will admit that I went TOO FAR.
"Dcom: Lets go pull a train on kitty. She's plump and needs love. Lets just do it. She'll love the attention, fat girls always do."
All I want to know is what the **** I've ever done to you to warrant the above comment.
From little_kitty :: 03-30-06 12:09pm ( reply :: delete )
And this one:
Go **** yourself. Seriously.
I can handle a few insults, regardless if they're meant in fun or mean. But to continually badger me with insults like that just shows how incredibly low you are, and that you thrive on making other people feel like **** just so you have that one iota of feeling better.
From little_kitty :: 04-25-06 03:28pm ( reply :: delete )
Here is the PM from my banning. I always felt Brad handled it with a lot of class.
I've banned your bobby17 and crabby accounts indefinitely.
You're often a funny guy, but I'm tired of you antagonizing the users on Stripcreator. I had been letting you slide for a while in your various dust-ups with users, but your latest postings in Regarding Stripcreator as bobby17 were pure troll behavior and I'm done with it.
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have anything to say regarding this decision. Best,
From Brad :: 01-23-07 06:30am ( reply :: delete )
Random Comic Layout Guy mentioned me messaging him about the Kars-4-Kids voucher. As far as I can tell, I have been messaging him periodically about it since 2010. Here are all of his responses that I still have saved in chronological order:
nothing. i gave up on that years ago
From RandomComicLayoutGuy :: 03-21-10 12:03pm ( reply :: delete )
the vacation voucher was a joke and since my career in the mortgage industry tanked i didn't need the write-off. **** me!
From RandomComicLayoutGuy :: 03-21-10 08:51pm ( reply :: delete )
Hey Crabs... As far as K4Ks goes I never did recieve a vacation voucher from the *******s. I guess I got sucked in by that folksy song the play.
BTW... What's the deal with the Comic Contest Cup? I've been trying to figure what it is and how people are picked to participate
From RandomComicLayoutGuy :: 08-03-10 03:31pm ( reply :: delete )
AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY FUCKING COUPON FROM KARS-4-KIDS!!!!
From edoggydog :: 07-19-12 01:25pm ( reply :: delete )
the car is long gone and I never got my @%#$ hotel certificate
From RandomComicLayoutGuy :: 01-19-15 04:43pm ( reply :: delete )
yeah. it's only been 7 years
From RandomComicLayoutGuy :: 01-20-15 04:11pm ( reply :: delete )
WHY ARE YOU TORMENTING ME CRABBY???? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From RandomComicLayoutGuy :: 01-20-15 04:58pm ( reply :: delete )
AND STOP WITH THE K4K!!!!
From RandomComicLayoutGuy :: 02-07-15 09:41am ( reply :: delete )
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of times I messaged him about it and he jsut didn't respond. I will be logging back in periodically for the rest of my life just to message RCLG about Kars-4-Kids. I still really think he should contact them about that voucher.
I love you guys! Each and every one of you. We've had a lot of fun over the years. I'll never forget it.