Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Showcase » The Brilliant Management Of Contrarian Curtis

Author

ZMannZilla
Ex-Zombie Hunting Dad Creature

Member Rated:

Ever get a new manager that turns every minor inconvenience into an opportunity to change freaking EVERYTHING?

I had a manager like that once, and his "change for change's sake" approach inspired this series of comics. Basically, this was his approach - pick some "problem" only he was having, decide that this was a company-wide issue, and loudly push for his brilliant solution - doing things the exact opposite way.

Somehow, this made him a forward-thinking genius.

These are all based on changes he proposed and their actual results.

Contrarian Curtis: The Simple Brilliance Of Contradiction by ZMannZilla
10-20-15
I heard you don't like Curtis, the new manager. Why is that?
Everyone thinks he's brilliant, but all he does is overhype some non-problem and then suggest we do things the exact opposite way.
Wow Curtis, I had no idea that talking to our customers on the phone was costing us so much money!
YEP! AND THAT'S WHY WE NEED TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS... LESS!
Hey, that idea saved us nearly $300 a year on our corporate phone bill!
...which doesn't even begin to cover the thousands we're losing from product returns and bad Amazon reviews.

Contrarian Curtis: Simple Solutions To Complex Non-Problems by ZMannZilla
10-20-15
Lay off of Curtis, man. He's the best new manager this company's had in years! So many great ideas!
Oh, come on. All his "brilliant ideas" consist of overhyping some non-problem and then suggesting we do things the exact opposite way.
WOW! I had no idea our support team was wasting upwards of an hour a day fixing customer account errors!
I KNOW RIGHT? THAT'S WHY THE SOLUTION IS THAT WE FIX CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS... LESS!
Hey, that freed up an hour of your workflow a day.
...which is swallowed by the THREE hours I spend every day processing returns, now that simple typos are sending our products to Bumfuck Egypt.

Contrarian Curtis: Time Is Money Except When It Isn't by ZMannZilla
10-20-15
Cut the new manager Curtis some slack. He's got an innovative perspective and lots of fresh new ideas!
INNOVATIVE? All he does is overhype some non-problem and then suggest we do things the exact opposite way!
Why yes, I HAVE always felt like we spend too much time in meetings!
DAMN STRAIGHT! THAT'S WHY WE NEED TO HAVE MEETINGS... LESS!
Don't tell me you miss going to an hour of meetings every day.
Bests the hell out of the two and a half hours I spend every day tracking down people for project information.

Contrarian Curtis: He Has A Masters Degree In Business Stuff by ZMannZilla
10-20-15
I still don't get why you don't like Curtis, the new manager. His brilliant ideas save us so much time!
His "brilliant ideas" consist of overhyping some non-problem and then suggesting we do things the exact opposite way.
Egad, Curtis! I had no idea that explaining how our products work was taking up so much time!
FOR REAL YO! THAT'S WHY OUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM NEEDS TO EXPLAIN THE PRODUCT... LESS!
How can you complain about sending shorter emails? You must like to type or something.
If that was the case, I'd be overjoyed. I type five times as many emails to customers now, and they're happy with precisely zero of them.

Contrarian Curtis: If He Can't Fix It Then It Must Be Broken by ZMannZilla
10-20-15
You're way too hard on Curtis the new manager. He's brought a lot of sharp new thinking to this company.
There's nothing sharp about it. He just overhypes some non-problem and then suggests we do things the exact opposite way.
I'm so glad a fresh new face in the company has let me know that the tools we've been using for years are too complicated!
HOLY SHIT YES! I SPENT AN HOUR TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT! THAT'S WHY OUR ENGINEERS NEEDS TO MAKE THE TOOLS... LESS COMPLICATED!
And now you have new and improved tools to use. What's the problem?
Well, the engineers are behind on all their projects, and the whole company no longer knows how anything works, so yeah you're right, no problem whatsoever.

---
"He was cursed with a horrorshow of a face, like Guiseppe Archbold doing a study of mollusk tumors."

11-12-15 12:54pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Stripcreator » Comic Showcase » The Brilliant Management Of Contrarian Curtis

reload page with comics

Jump to:

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics