Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Read My Damn Comics » Political Satire Mixed w/

Author

VoicesNtheDark
Stripcreator Newbie

Hello! I am pretty new around here so I hope I am following board rules by posting here. I follow politics and created characters Sticky & Wicky, Voices in the Dark who essentially discuss politics and news. My graphics are simple, my topics vast.

I would love to get some feedback from you pros -- feel free to post on the site or here too. 

http://theunisourcegroup.com/sucking-up-to-the-jewish-nation

3-23-16 12:55pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Well, first of all, your post is within the letter of the law, but not the spirit.  This forum is intended for showing off comics that were created here on stripcreator.com.

However, since you're here, and you've asked for feedback, I'm happy to give it.

I don't think that a comic is the right format for what you want to do.  Your strips have almost no pictures and are way too wordy.  And that criticism is coming from a guy who makes clip-art comics and is also usually much too wordy in them.

Further, most of your comics have no punchline.  Comics don't have to be funny, but most are, and those that aren't are usually dramatic serials.  Yours are a vehicle for expressing your political opinions.  Readers won't get what they expect.  A blog post would be a better fit.

If you do continue publishing these as comics, I would suggest some changes to the word bubbles.  The text is hard to read; you could alleviate that by making it larger, and using normal sentence case instead of all caps.  I would also use a different shade of green -- more pastel, maybe -- for better contrast with the black background.  Finally, I would be consistent about which way the word bubbles' tails point.  The white speaker should always be on the left and the green one on the right.  In this comic, for example, the white one is inconsistent:

http://theunisourcegroup.com/kasichrubio-2016-republican-ticket

One more note: I am not a lawyer, but I suspect that your unedited and non-satirical reuse of another cartoonist's work in this comic is a copyright violation and not covered by the fair use exemption:

http://theunisourcegroup.com/there-is-no-bullying-in-pro-football

Good luck with your project.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

3-24-16 7:01am (new)

VoicesNtheDark
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

appreciate the feedback, thank you evil_d 

3-24-16 9:30am (new)

Stripcreator » Read My Damn Comics » Political Satire Mixed w/

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply