Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » System Notices » Klez Virus

Author

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

I've been getting some complaints about people receiving viruses/worms from some of my various well-spread e-mail accounts (password@stripcreator.com / brad@stripcreator.com mostly). These aren't actually from me, as none of my computers have ever been infected with any sort of e-mail worm. The Klez worm digs other addresses out of people's computers (their caches, mostly) and uses them in the From line. There's unfortunately nothing I can do to stop this.

You can read more about this phenomenon here, if you'd like.

---
www.bradsucks.net

6-16-02 6:27pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Klez... Hmmm... Is this the one that sends the "Snow White an the Seven Dwarves" email? I've received that one twice in the past week, but digging email source code out of Outlook is like pulling teeth from an angry hippo. so I never worked out who was inadvertently sending them.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

6-16-02 6:33pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Brad, if the worm is getting your address off of somebody's machine, and sending it in the from line to others in that machine's address book, would it help for you to post the address(es) of the person(s) who notified you? That way, if someone recognizes it as being in their contact list, they'll know they need to disinfect.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

6-16-02 6:55pm (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

That's a security breach.

---
Dad was flammable

6-16-02 7:09pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

I've gotten the seven dwarves one, but I've gotten everything under the sun. I get about 30-40 Klez viruses a day, which is a new level of annoying. Mostly I get the "This is my new game. I hope you would enjoy it" variety. Though the number of bounced e-mails is on the rise, which are pretty annoying because they have 100k+ attachments on them a lot of the time.

I don't know if posting the people's e-mail addresses would help much, and it may just enrage them further. It's probably worth scanning your machine regardless. Me, I'm just working on some killer Outlook VBScript filters to move the stuff to another folder.

---
www.bradsucks.net

6-16-02 7:14pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

I've been getting a bastard AOL virus.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

6-16-02 7:26pm (new)

lara7
Jimmy Carter says YES!

Member Rated:

I keep getting "I hope you enjoy it" mails at my yahoo acct, but yahoo has nixed the attachment. Is this Klez that would normally be attached, or something else?

---
When they invent BookFace, I'm -there-.

6-16-02 10:19pm (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

theres a great way of avoiding this

next time a free trial signup disk arrives through your door dont install anything from it and do your bit in the fight to rid the world of this shitty virus they call AOL

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

6-17-02 10:59am (new)

Bluebexq
Hemi-Demi-Semi-Sub-Goddess

Member Rated:

theres a great way of avoiding this

next time a free trial signup disk arrives through your door dont install anything from it and do your bit in the fight to rid the world of this shitty virus they call AOL

The best solution we've found is interesting coasters. Unfortunately our pile of interesting coasters is now quite large. I am thinking of donating them to charity after I carve them into pretty shapes.

6-19-02 2:05am (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

i stick them a wall.
its almost like a mirror theres so many shiney discs.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

6-19-02 4:24am (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

I keep getting "I hope you enjoy it" mails at my yahoo acct, but yahoo has nixed the attachment. Is this Klez that would normally be attached, or something else?

That's the Klez virus, I believe. Annoying stuff.

---
www.bradsucks.net

6-19-02 1:13pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

The other night I took all my free AOL cd's and flung them into the power station near me, to see them hit the pylons and conductors and throw sparks everywhere.

Weeee!

---
Dad was flammable

6-20-02 2:34am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

A CD in a microwave is always impressive.

6-20-02 2:52am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

...as long as it is someone else's microwave.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

6-20-02 5:48am (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

...and it's a Celine Dion cd.

---
Dad was flammable

6-20-02 6:10am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

and you have a baby at hand to beat out the flames with

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

6-20-02 7:38am (new)

Stripcreator » System Notices » Klez Virus

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help