As the comics contest celebrates its 50th anniversary, sort of, so too does the award-winning TV anthology The Hallmark Hall of Fame. This cannot be a coincidence. Therefore the CC Gold Jubilee shall have a cinematic theme.
1. The protagonist must be a gumshoe, newshound, archaeologist, astronaut, dedicated wife and mother suffering from a grave and fashionable illness, or similarly heroic character.
2. The protagonist must be in search of something or someone interesting-- a "maguffin" of your choosing.
3. Said maguffin may not be identified explicitly. Its identity must be elaborately implied.
4. The antagonist in the scene (not necessarily a villain or archrival, but at least someone in the way) must speak ONLY in cliches and must get them WRONG.
5. Other characters and setting elements are optional.
6. Feel free to Photoshop, embed animation, defile syndicated strips, or whatever else your horrible mind disgorges. Or use standard stripcreator elements. Whatever.
7. Your entry may be a multi-parter. Hell, make it an epic. Or not. But if it is multipart, make it hang together.
7a. Rule 7 does not apply to Crabby, who may enter only between zero (0) and one (1) strip(s), inclusive.
8. The contest shall be judged first thing Monday morning, which for me is 10ish EST.
9. See if you can think me up a chocolate donut, one with those little sprinkles on top.
What others say about boorite!