Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #6 Group3: Fuzzy - Umfum - Ausrotten - TheGov

Author

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Use this thread to make fun of the other groups.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

1-26-05 9:00pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

...ponders his next concept...

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

1-27-05 2:41am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

I'm sending out 1.3 discs this time.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

1-27-05 8:35pm (new)

xxausrottenxx
Sock of the walk

Member Rated:

ill be sending my CDs out when i have access or a real post office, not an unreliable college post office

---
xx( o Y o. )xx

1-30-05 9:17am (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Instead of CD's Im going to send out my music by glueing Cocunuts to the hands of tramps, giving them a bottle of gin and telling them theres more gin at your places of residence.

1-30-05 3:21pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Shit, I must have forgotten to mention that CD stands for
Compact Disc instead of Coconut-Bearing Derelict.

---

1-30-05 5:37pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

I bought some slimline CD jewel cases today. =)

Too bad I don't have anything to put in them yet. =(

---

2-15-05 8:52pm (new)

JESUSSANDWICH
is a wonderful person

Member Rated:

I have nothing of intrest to add.

---
possible savior probable SEX MACHINE

2-16-05 12:46pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Dear Jesus: fuck off.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

2-16-05 11:47pm (new)

JESUSSANDWICH
is a wonderful person

Member Rated:

Dear dcom: Hows the sand doing in your asshole?

---
possible savior probable SEX MACHINE

2-17-05 12:30am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

/me stuffs JS into a Zip-Loc bag for later consumption.

I've finished tweaking the mix of disc one.
Starting on mix for disc two.

---

2-27-05 10:05pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Everything is done except for the liner notes.

You'll either love it or hate it.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

3-03-05 2:09pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

I bought some Mini Discs on clearance, but they didn't work with my CD burner, so I'm not doing 1.3 discs as hoped.

Still, I have come up with a concept for a full second disc. I need to rip/DL/edit a few more songs and then burn both discs. I'll try to have them shipped out near the end of April. I'd send them earlier, but I don't want to compete with tax season.

---

3-23-05 9:56pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Well the concept one is done, but I'm still working on a few suprises for the second disk, so sit tight and ye shall recieve an update soon.

3-24-05 2:20am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Yes! CDs are all ready to mail.

Now to get to the post office...

---

4-02-05 7:12pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

They are actually in the mail!!!!!

---

4-09-05 7:05pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Anything arrive yet?

---

4-20-05 3:39pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Yesterday.

I'm listening to it right now. Cool stuff so far. John Prine is one of those people I've meant to listen to but never really have.

---

4-20-05 8:53pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

picked up your cd yesterday, will give it a spin and tell you what I think. After reading your track notes and intro can I just say I think thats such an excellent idea for a CD, and that the packaging is A1. Nice stuff mate.

4-24-05 2:31am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

I've been burning discs and printing inserts. I'll be mailing Friday or Monday.

[hr]

The Essential (according to fuzzyman) John Prine:

A couple of the tracks wouldn't play on my portable player, but that's not unusual for swap discs. The disc plays true on my regular stereo.

These are the tracks I favored immediately:
Sleepy Eyed Boy / Sam Stone / Grandpa Was A Carpenter / It's A Big Old Goofy World / Jesus, The Missing Years / Souvenirs / Let's Talk Dirty In Hawaiian / Illegal Smile / The Accident / Please Don't Bury Me / The Hobo Song

As for the others, I'm sure I'll grow to like most of them. Prine definitely has a distinct voice (not quite Dylanesque, but I can't place exactly who he does remind me of) and a true talent for transforming words into images. If he couldn't play the guitar, maybe he'd be a writer. Maybe he is a writer; I don't know much about him. As a songwriter, he's a treasure.

I'm not giving out grades this time around because it looks pompous (when I go back and read my older Swap reviews). Plus, I like almost everything, anyway. This compilation might have been redundant for a John Prine fan, but it was a pleasure and a revelation for me. And fuzzyman's total packaging was awesome as usual. Thank You!

---

4-27-05 8:53pm (new)

xxausrottenxx
Sock of the walk

Member Rated:

I love Bob Dylan, John Prine impressed the fuck out of me. I'm glad there's still folks out there that make good music

---
xx( o Y o. )xx

4-29-05 2:08pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Okay, I had my discs packaged and ready to ship Monday, but never made it to the PO because my son decided to THROW UP on me as we began running errands that day. Trust me, you do not want to see or smell turkey and banana after temporary stomach storage. Ugh.

Luckily, it seems that the little guy only has a 24-hour bug + fever to burn off. So, I'll try getting back to the PO on Thur or Fri.

---

5-03-05 10:04pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Operation Disc Ship II was successful with no loss of lunch or damage to laundry.
Sorry for the delay.

---

5-09-05 8:56pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Teaser track list for Umfum Family Favorites:

01. Small Sound Baa-aaa-aaa-ite
02. Yellow Bellied Warbler?
03. Love Goes Adrift
04. Foreman Not George
05. Beatles Done Jazzy
06. Hot Lunch Box
07. Not An Orange
08. Summons A Summers
09. Especially For Fuzzy
10. Refers To #09
11. Jethro Tull Reborn?
12. Short For Food?
13. Looks Like Possums
14. Danger! Dancing Dwarf
15. Hump A Cigarette
16. The Good Minus
17. Ear Cleaner Featured
18. Slim's Fat Phrase
19. Song Length Limited
20. Not That Hanson
21. Very Big Shoe
22. A Busted Ode
23. Split With Abbott
24. Zony Mash Member
25. A Carved Duck?
26. Half Tupelo Honey
27. Do Androids Dream...

---

5-09-05 9:17pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Has anyone/everyone received discs from me yet?

---

5-20-05 9:28pm (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #6 Group3: Fuzzy - Umfum - Ausrotten - TheGov

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests