Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » System Notices » New account editor

Author

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

There's a new account editor when you click the "edit account" at the top now. Let me know if you find any bugs.

---
www.bradsucks.net

4-07-05 4:40pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

What will the "Avatar Image URL" eventually do? I doesn't appear to do anything right now...

---
peddling the funny around since 09/24/2002

4-08-05 7:44am (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Well, I'm still trying to decide that. Right now I'm thinking it'll be on the forum posts.

I'd like to enable avatars so that I can disable images in sigs and profiles at some point.

---
www.bradsucks.net

4-08-05 1:20pm (new)

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

That would be a good idea. I see avatars on a lot of sites, but people still continue to use pix in their sigs. Instead of getting rid of sig pictures, could you just put a size limiter on them instead?

4-08-05 2:34pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Just registering my vote against images in signatures and profiles. They take up too much space and are never as amusing as their owners seem to think. Avatars are the lesser of the evils, IMO.

No offense to the President up there.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

4-08-05 3:04pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

But... but... what will happen to my Oral Sex donation image in my profile?

4-08-05 3:21pm (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

"Error, avatar image is too large or invalid" with no image entered. I can't update my profile. :|

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

4-08-05 6:29pm (new)

NooniePuuBunny
Horny Female Tentacled Kaiju from Outer Space

Member Rated:

Even better, just like in the profiles, have it to where you can hide everyone's avatars and sigs IF that is possible for you without too much hassle, Brad. :) Then, no one has ANY excuse to whine, bitch, or complain.

---
I will rate you hard, and unendingly.

4-08-05 6:35pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Well, the sig images I'm pretty determined to kill/replace with avatar images. I can't see much redeeming value in letting users put images in signatures across the entire site. Profiles I'm still 50/50 on. I may wind up just writing some resizing code for those, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. Large graphic profiles are inherently kind of stupid as then readers have to scroll down to see every comic as they read your comics. I don't get why anyone would want that. Though I tried the 80x80 avatars underneath the usernames in the profiles and that made them a fair amount bigger to no real benefit, so I'm not sure.

The idea is also to allow users a way to turn off the display of avatar images so they don't have to see them. Once images are stored in one place, that'll be easy to do.

DX: That should be fixed now.

---
www.bradsucks.net

4-08-05 7:07pm (new)

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

I just have that picture in my profile just for yucks and because I like the caption. If you were to remove all pictures you'd get no resistance from me, my avatar would be much cooler anyway.

4-09-05 1:49pm (new)

Injokester
Definitely drunk

Member Rated:

What are the chances of people having a personal page somewhere on the site, or maybe a spruced up info page where we can customize it a bit (different background colours, layout, etc...)? That way people can have large images and as much profile information as they like (within whatever size limit you set), but it won't annoy anyone unless they choose to go in and look at it. This would also be great to have a couple of templates to customize the look of the pages as well (just a suggestion.)

I realize that the Home feature can be used to do the same thing, but I think people are more likely to look at an info page hosted within stripcreator (and about stripcreator) than get linked over to another site that could contain anything.

---
Dinosaurs had eggs bro, the chicken came way later.

4-10-05 4:46pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

yeah i want to get some big flashing text and animated .gifs and midi music and a picture of my cat and another image showing my support of breast cancer research and maybe put some britney spears words or something

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

4-18-05 4:30am (new)

Stripcreator » System Notices » New account editor

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account