Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #7: Group Five--Kramer Fuj Smurph

Author

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Make fun of the Welsh and discuss your CDs here.

8-31-05 8:24pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Smurph
Visit me in Port Grove

Member Rated:

No fucking Type O, fuj. In return, I promise no Celine Dion.

9-01-05 8:54am (new)

Fuj
If a quiz is quizical, then whats a test?

Member Rated:

No problem, I only got halfway into the artwork for "Angsty Goth Suicide melodies" anyways..

One request guys...NO Happy hardcore or anysuch cheddar. That stuff has a strange unstabling effect on me.

---
"You grew up like brothers, and your teachers must have told you that North and South must not fight!

9-01-05 1:09pm (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Damn it. Now I have to start again.

9-01-05 4:45pm (new)

Fuj

Member Rated:

I think the awesome factor of this group is about to be multiplied...

---
"You grew up like brothers, and your teachers must have told you that North and South must not fight!

9-02-05 11:43pm (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Bloody hell, Smurph, that was quick.

9-03-05 2:31am (new)

Smurph
Visit me in Port Grove

Member Rated:

No time like the present. Took a sickie from work and had fuck all to do. You like?

9-03-05 10:53am (new)

Fuj

Member Rated:

Smurphter, loved teh cd( by the fucks you where quick lad, though you're wife tells me thats normal? whatever that means...)

Anybody recommend any music download sites? MyNapster and Shareaza refuse to connect (after hours of configuring and reconfiguring)

Cd can still be done, but it will be burnt from my own cd archive which may not appeal to everybody.

---

9-03-05 6:57pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Even on dial-up, I've found WinMX very handy. It's an actual program you have to DL and install (you know, for sharing your files, and all that), but I've had ZERO problems out of it. Some obscure songs and groups don't yield many/any results when searching, but that's not unusual given my past experience with other applications like Limewire, KaZaa, or (the original, free, awesome, and much lamentedly lost) Napster.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

9-05-05 8:46pm (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

quote:

Cd can still be done, but it will be burnt from my own cd archive which may not appeal to everybody.

Is that not the point of this whole exercise?

Oh, and www.slsknet.org

9-06-05 11:24am (new)

Fuj

Member Rated:

quote:
quote:

Is that not the point of this whole exercise?

Oh, and www.slsknet.org

Okay, I'll try and phrase that better.
My own cd archive is almost exclusively metal, when I actually do buy music it is almost guaranteed to be from that genre.

Right now my pc can burn cds, but not download music. I do actually have quite a broad appreciation of different styles but nothing I would ever spend £15 on. For the last 2 years I had been able to download tracks (but not burn them) for free on my old computer, I have since bought a new pc which can burn cds but not download any music (as yet, still to try sites that have been recommended).

With all that said I have perused my collection again and can probably put together something with enough variation to appease all.

---

9-07-05 3:43pm (new)

Smurph
Visit me in Port Grove

Member Rated:

Our newest member, heh, gets his sent out this week from me. Fuj, Kramer, get a move on, eh?

9-20-05 1:23pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Thank you blokes for letting me in the back door, heh-heh. Smurph, sorry for making you send another disc when you thought you were all done.

I'm working on my mix right now. Will have some international flavor.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

9-20-05 11:58pm (new)

Smurph
Visit me in Port Grove

Member Rated:

No bother whatsoever, Itunes holds the playlist, so it was a case of firing off another one. Cd, that is.

9-21-05 1:52pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Received Smurphish disc today. Will comment on't soon.

---

9-29-05 8:48pm (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Sorry for the delay folks, I was totally indecisive when it came to coming up with a tracklist. The CDs are now burnt and will be posted tomorrow.

I'll also give Smurph's disc another listen so I can give some comments.

10-18-05 1:58pm (new)

Smurph
Visit me in Port Grove

Member Rated:

Good luck to us all in getting any movement from the fuj, though. I think he may have *whispers* a woman!!

10-19-05 1:40pm (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Does this mean we can expect a CD of Burt Bacharach and Barry White songs from him?

10-19-05 3:05pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

This month has been crazy busy for me, but I'll start burning next week. Will let you know when I post the discs. Still owe Smurph a review as well.

---

10-19-05 9:15pm (new)

Smurph
Visit me in Port Grove

Member Rated:

Got the disc of K today, am listening as I type. Review very soon, as I'm enjoying it so far.

10-20-05 10:29am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

That was stupidly quick.

10-20-05 1:28pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Sorry, I suck. My son has been sick all week, and I haven't been able to do much of anything but take care of him. I'll burn ASAP.

I did get a disc from k_v_k, but have not had time to listen.

---

10-29-05 8:35pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

SMURPH F.M.:

UNKLE - Even though I kept waiting for something to "happen," I liked it pretty well. Melds nicely into...
LOST PROPHETS - Good energy and variety.
FILTER - Filter has some good musical ideas, but I tend to get bogged down by the repetitive choruses. I like it better than their other songs I've heard.
DONE BAD THINGS - After the first few bars, I thought this song was going to kick my ass; however, I ended up with only a slight bruising. :}
GUERNICA &
BAD RELIGION Both tracks reminded me of stuff I listened to a lot in high school. They're good, but I'm not that hip anymore.
ROYKSOPP - jes turned me onto the Sopp a couple of swaps ago. Another good track.
PRODIGY - I know the Prod are a bit simplistic, but they're entertaining as well, and I love that BIG sound they get.
INCUBUS - Great bass line. Track reminds me a bit of Mike Muir's Sarsippius Ark project from early 90s(?).
DWEEZIL - Gotta love a guy with two zees in his name.
SPOOKY - Nifty.
PRESIDENTS OF THE USA - Funny, and musical to boot.
DMB - Sorry, I grew tired of DMB after their first two albums.
JOE SATRIANI - Like his older stuff better. This one sounds too self-derivative.
LOST PROPHETS 2 - Not as interesting as their first track on here, but still cool.
UNKLE 2 - Okay, I "get" Unkle now. Excellent track!
THUNDERCATS - HA!! I actually sent this out a couple of swaps ago, but it cracks me up everytime I hear it. And I never even watched Thundercats.

A lot of good stuff on here despite the fact that I'm too moldy to appreciate it all. Nice swappage, Smurph. Thanks!

---

11-05-05 9:06pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

I have a k_v_k review ready, too, but I need to get some sleep.

My discs are done. Artwork is too. Sorry for the delay. They WILL go out Monday.

---

11-05-05 9:08pm (new)

Fuj

Member Rated:

CD's are burnt and ready for posting, getting my arse into gear and doing that is another thing..

Should be Tuesday guys, thanks for the patience.

---

11-06-05 9:05pm (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #7: Group Five--Kramer Fuj Smurph

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help