Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #8, Group Three--Umfum TheGov Choad

Author

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Present them.

4-12-06 11:42pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

I'll be including my swap disc from last round plus at least one new disc. Prepare your toasters.

BTW, what is that stuff on the bottom of an English muffin?

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

4-19-06 11:08am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

quote:

Ye Olde Tainte?

4-19-06 8:13pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

quote:

Did she forget to wipe?

4-20-06 7:41am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Not the answer for which I was looking, but you both win anyway.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

4-21-06 10:01pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

My printer has turned into a racist. It won't print anything black. So any artwork included might look weird (slang for shitty). Sorry.

Still working on some stuff I want to include. Hope to be finished by month's end.

---

5-05-06 6:30pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Ive got one shortlist sorted, the other I need a couple of songs, which Im working on securing. Id expect I'll be closer to posting quite soon, however Im not going to say for definite till the shortlists are finalised.

A bit like the england world cup squad, I'll be including a few surprise choices just because I can.

5-20-06 7:25pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Obviously, you didn't receive your discs by the end of May. Sorry. The producer was an arsehole. The backup singers were shit. I had to sack everyone and begin anew.

Will post when things are closer to fine.

---

6-02-06 8:35am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

I'm in the process of narrowing down the desired songs from about 30 that are in the running and putting them in the right order. I'm thinking that working on it this weekend is a good idea. As far as mailing it out...who knows.

6-02-06 7:35pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Okay, playlist is set. I should have them mailed out by Monday.

6-13-06 10:32pm (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

JUST TO POP IN ON SOMETHING THAT TOTALLY DOESN'T CONCERN ME, THAT STUFF ON THE BOTTOM OF ENGLISH MUFFINS IS CORN MEAL.

DEAR GOD I WAS A COOK FOR WAY TOO LONG......

---
Kill Whitey.

6-15-06 4:59pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Had to redo one of the CDs (considering making it a double album as Ive got more songs than will fit, but we'll see) Will try and have them done and posted by next friday.

The themed cd is coming along nicely, and I think you'll both enjoy it.

7-01-06 2:56am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Okay, I didn't get them burned and mailed like I said I would, then my PC had a meltdown on Friday, but I'm back up and running and motivated to get this done.

Thanks for your continued patience.

7-03-06 5:21pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Yeah, me, too.

---

7-04-06 10:18pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Okay--they're in the envelope. I'm mailing them Thursday, which means I'll be in the UK before they are. I was thinking I should mail Gov's and KvK's from London, but with the exchange rate, its probably still cheaper to mail them from the US.

Enjoy.

7-13-06 12:25am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

I Surrender!! :D

More to come on that...

[hr]

I've been unable to DL some songs I want for this swap disc, but, thanks to a good friend, I should have them soon. And then you two will have the discs...eventually.

---

7-18-06 7:48pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

recieved your disk choad, do you want me to redirect my cds to some address in the UK, or should I still mail them out to the US? Probably be wednesday before they are ready though.

7-23-06 9:39am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

I'm back in sunny Southern California, where it is much cooler than London. Next year, I'm going to visit someplace more mild, like Morocco.

7-23-06 11:15am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Okay, the cover and disc art was overly French, but the inspiration is continental European cafes in general. It doesn't matter what country you're in--you're likely to hear music from several countries being played. So here you go.

1) Belleville Rendez-Vous The Triplets of Belleville. This comes from the soundtrack of the animated movie The Triplets of Belleville. If you haven't seen it, now would be well-timed, since it is about the Tour d'France. It's a French cartoon, but there is no dialogue, so anyone can enjoy it.

2) Melodía Tradicional Ecuadoriana Jonathan Richman. It's hard to believe this guy started out as a pre-punk. He plays incredible Spanish style acoustic guitar.

3) Cité Tango Astor Piazzolla. This is a Gotan Project mix.

4) Monsieur Dimitri Joue du Stylophone Dimitri from Paris.

5) Ondulé Mathieu Boogaerts.

6) Bossa Per Due Nicola Conte.

7) Mal ô Mains Sanseverino.

8) Muggles Mambo Muggles Meshugana Lounge. I used to know Muggles (the sax player) before he moved to New Orleans; one or two of my close friends might be on this track--I can't remember.

9) The Beat Goes On Talvin Singh. I'm often tempted to bring Talvin Singh discs to Indian restaurants and ask them to play it instead of the same song that they all seem to have on repeat.

10) Yekermo Sew Mulatu Astatke. Kramer had a song by this artist I was going to include on his swap disc, so I exchanged it for this track. Both come from the Broken Flowers soundtrack.

11) Queremos Paz Gotan Project. I heard Gotan Project everywhere I went last year in Czech and Austria.

12) Miserlou Muggles Meshugana Lounge. Take that, Dick Dale!

13) Menina Moca (Young Lady) Stan Getz. I consider Stan Getz the first successful crossover musician. Who knows if the U.S. would have ever known bossa nova without him.

14) Juste Quelqu'un de Bien Enzo Enzo.

15) Lo Boob Oscillator Stereolab.

Okay, that's it. I recycled some artists from prior swaps, but in a different context. I've got my concept down for Swap 9, and it's gonna rock.

7-23-06 9:23pm (new)

mmyers
Passing through.

Member Rated:

I have a completely unrelated announcement: I now have a CD burner and when the time comes, I want to play in your reindeer games. Now if only someone could tell how to use the damn thing.

---
Peeing sitting down is the gift you give yourself.

7-24-06 11:37am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

That's actually kind of related. And. YAY!!

/me wonders if that means mmyers' slow-ass computer has byten the dust?

---

7-24-06 9:19pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Oh, I also got those mp3s I needed. I finalised the track list tonight. Burning will commence soon because I'm also finally upgrading (I hope) to XP.

---

7-24-06 9:22pm (new)

mmyers
Passing through.

Member Rated:

quote:

/me wonders if that means mmyers' slow-ass computer has byten the dust?

"Byt the dust". Terrible and great at the same time. It hasn't officially shuffled off this mortal coil, but it doesn't neccesarily want to live much longer. It's on life support until i get all my writings off of it. Lots of problems. So I took the plunge and bought a new one. Yah! Let's burn stuff!

---

7-25-06 8:08am (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

pm me your address myers and I'll add an extra copy of this swaps compilations to my burner/printer tommorrow.

--
Cheap way to use cd burner, get Itunes and make a playlist, go to your library and copy tracks into said list and then click on the nuke icon to burn it.

Otherwise buy or use the 5 click discount to get hold of a copy of nero, which will fulfil all your burny needs.

7-25-06 10:45am (new)

mmyers
Passing through.

Member Rated:

Cool. Many thanks.

I'll make one too and send one your way when I have a free moment (and money to pay postage). If anyone else wants in on some side swappin' action, lemme know.

---

7-25-06 1:59pm (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #8, Group Three--Umfum TheGov Choad

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help