Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » Temporary Weirdness

Author

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

After I click "post a new topic," "post a reply," or "quote," an image briefly appears in the Message Pane of the new window that opens up.

So far, the images are a big 404 -- ha, yes -- and the word stripcreator as it appears in the logo (without the characters on the logo) on the homepage interspersed with a couple of blank comic panels. Can't see the whole word ar all of the panels. It's like the top right part of the image. Can't see all of the 404, either.

The images only stay for about one second and then go away.

I'm using Win XP Pro and IE 7.0.5730.11.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

11-25-06 9:12pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

That's happening to me, too.  In fact, it just happened again.  But I'm starting to like it.

BTW, I love the new buttons at the bottom of the reply window that let you do stuff like bold and italics without typing a bunch of tags.

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

11-26-06 12:05am (new)

The_young_scot
Makes out like a Lesbian

Member Rated:

I just like the fact that peoples names show up in quotes, also you can do stuff like this

God

hilarity ensues

---
The following statement its true. The previous statement is false

11-26-06 9:51am (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

I'm on Firefox and a weird bug just locked me out of getting into GD from Regarding Stripcreator for about two minutes. I was able to get into everything else from RS and into GD from all the other forums, just not RS. Then it magically resolved itself and I made a necklace out of daiseys.

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

11-26-06 1:08pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

I haven't been able to see any of these bugs. Does it happen all the time?

---
www.bradsucks.net

11-26-06 2:54pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

It happened once right after you made the changes but then went away until a few hours ago. Both times it was right after I logged in, so maybe thats a factor.

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

11-26-06 4:45pm (new)

Cre8tive13
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

Everytime I try to post anything into a forum (message or comic) using the "Safari" browser, it crashes. I'm able to post now because I am using Internet Explorer....This didn't happen prior to the change...just to let you know.
Thanks.

11-28-06 1:13pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

That's a tough one as I don't have a Mac to test Safari on. Anybody else using Safari?

---
www.bradsucks.net

11-28-06 3:53pm (new)

v
eibweN rotaercpirtS

Member Rated:

I'm posting this on Safari.

11-28-06 4:55pm (new)

v
eibweN rotaercpirtS

Member Rated:

11-28-06 4:58pm (new)

v
eibweN rotaercpirtS

Member Rated:

Well, those last two posts were on Safari and I didn't get a crash. But, could be another problem.

11-28-06 4:59pm (new)

Cre8tive13
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

Hmmm...sorry, Brad...must be a problem with Safari at work. I tried using Safari at home and it's fine. My bad...Upgrades are awesome!

11-28-06 8:37pm (new)

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

Actually, I see the same problem in both IE and Firefox.

---
peddling the funny around since 09/24/2002

11-29-06 6:37am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Still there. Got the big 404 this time.

Only started happening for me once the new formatting buttons appeared. Could be linked to that. Otherwise, I have no idea.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

11-30-06 8:03am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Here's what the "stripcreator" instance looks like (in case that helps at all):

tem weirdness

In the "404" instance, about 3/4 of the number shows up in the bottom center of the text pane with the bottom quarter of the number not visible.

---

11-30-06 8:36am (new)

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

This is what came up when I tried to post a reply to Rabid's soundtrack of your life thread:

Like, I had already gone through the preview stage... yet when I clicked 'save' it still went to the post.php#preview stage.  

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

12-04-06 8:35am (new)

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

apparently the above problem only happens to me when I try to use the bold/italic/underline feature in the text editor.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

12-04-06 9:26am (new)

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » Temporary Weirdness

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help