Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC 340: Horror Comix

Author

boloboffin
putting the whee in ennui

Member Rated:

I've been thinking about different ways of using the Stripcreator engine. I don't want to get too far away from teh funny, but I have fond memories of the old EC comics (no, I'm not old enough to have bought originals, thank you very much).

So for CC 340, your mission is to scare us out of our wits. The winning comic or series can be funny (EC had a wicked sense of humor), but I need a little of that chilly frisson I get from watching Rosemary grab a knife and head for the hall closet. If you can evoke that, you're in the running.

Photoshops are acceptable, but I'm leaning towards use of the materials at hand. Series of any length necessary - if you have more than five, just give us a link to the sixth one and we'll take it from there.

---
You can take the heart out of the hooker but you can't take the hooker out of the heart. -- Frankenhooker

11-28-06 11:47am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

boloboffin

Member Rated:

The Stripcreator Players Present: A Scene From "The Shining" by boloboffin
11-28-06
Hello, Danny. Come and play with us.
Come and play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever...

---
You can take the heart out of the hooker but you can't take the hooker out of the heart. -- Frankenhooker

11-28-06 3:08pm (new)

boloboffin

Member Rated:

I'm sorry. This is what I meant to post...

[IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g171/boloboffin2/Shining.gif[/IMG]

---

11-28-06 3:28pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

boloboffin

That's pretty snazzy.

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

11-28-06 5:05pm (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

ooooooooh! special effects!

---
Kill Whitey.

11-29-06 3:33am (new)

RandomComicLayoutGuy
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

11-29-06 9:41am (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

CC 340: House Of Dwacuba 1 by biped
11-29-06
"RAAAAAAAR!!!"
OOO!!! OOO!!! FANKENSTEIN, MOMMY!!! FANKENSTEIN!!! FANKENSTEIN!!!
LISTEN, YOU LITTLE TURD!!! YOU WAKE MOMMY UP FROM HER FUCKIN' NAP ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL GIVE YOU "FANKENSTEIN"!!! NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
Heh, heh, hehhh... it's just you and me now, baby...

CC 340: House Of Dwacuba 2 by biped
11-29-06
MOMMY!!! TV's TALKING TO ME, MOMMY!!! TV's BAD!!! TV WANTS TO GET ME!!!
GRRRRRRRRR!!! THAT DOES IT!!! OFF TO BED WITH YA, YA LITTLE BASTARD!!!
RAAAAAAAAAR!!!
YAAAAAAAA!!! MOMMY!!! FANKENSTEIN, MOMMY!!! FANKENSTEIN!!! WAAAAA-HA-HAAAAAAAAA!!!

CC 340: House Of Dwacuba 3 by biped
11-29-06
Me s-scared...
NO!!! DWACUBA!!! DWACUBA!!!
HEH-HEHHH!!! I'M GOING TO EAT YOU ALL UP!!! MWAH-HA-HAAAAA!!!
(sniff) Am you gonna eat me's mommy, too? Cuz it wouldn't be fair cuz she am so big and fat and she can't run very fast...
HA HA--hmm? Big and fat, eh? Mmmm...let's go see what's on the menu...(slurp)

CC 340: House Of Dwacuba 4 by biped
11-29-06
COME BACK HERE, YOU BIG, LUSCIOUS SIDE OF BEEF!!! DROOOOL!!!
YAAAAAAAAA!!!
(smack, smack) Mmm...delicious. Thanks for the tip, kid!
Okay. Would you pwease put me back in the house?
HEE-HEE-HEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Me hungwy. Would you pwease get me me's bot-bot?

CC 340: House Of Dwacuba 5 by biped
11-29-06
Feed the kid...change the kid...feed the kid... change the kid... where'd I put that fuckin' BOT-BOT?
Where's fuckin' Teddy Boo-Boo? HE WON'T SHUT UP TILL I FIND FUCKIN' TEDDY BOO-BOO!!!
HEY! This is all YOUR fault! YOU ate his fuckin' MOM!
Huh? Uh-oh...I think I hear MY mom calling ME!
COME BACK HERE!!!
MWAH-HA-HAAAAAAAAA!!!

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

11-29-06 1:11pm (new)

edoggydog
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

11-30-06 8:46am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

Family Day at McRapey's by HCRoyall
11-30-06
Oh dear...

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

11-30-06 8:51am (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

1 by crabby
12-03-06
All day long I sit in this house and I cook dinner and I wait for my wife to come home. My life is completely routine. We make love every thursday, friday and saturday.
Sunday she claims is for the lord.
Monday, tuesday and wednesday is reserved for her lovers. She has no respect for me.

2 by crabby
12-03-06
I'm married to a much older man. He treats me well and he inherited a very large home when his father died. I work as a receptionist for a major tobacco company.
I have lung cancer, but I'm afraid to tell my husband.
I spend three days a week with a holy man attempting to cure my illness using modern medicine because my husband would be able to detect any radiation treatment with his strong sense of smell.

3 by crabby
12-03-06
My wife, your infidelity has gone on long enough. I know you have taken on another lover. I sniff your panties monday through wednesday and I smell the faint scent of seamen each time.
Would you rather smell radiation to combat some sort of fateful cancer?
I have lung cancer. I've been having a holy man soak my panties in his seamen three times a week to help ward off the disease so that I may spend more time with you on this earth.
I can't say that I approve of this method. I would like to meet with this holy man so that I may at least discuss my disdain face to face.
I will give you his number, but the least you can do is prepare him a meal when you visit. The only reason I find this necessary is because I love you. Here is the address where he can be reached.

4 by crabby
12-03-06
I know this home. I remember in my youth making several trips here with my father so that his mistress could buy candy from me for school fund raisers.
I HAVE COME TO SEE THE MAN WHO CLAIMS HE CAN CURE MY WIFES ILLNESS BY SOAKING HER PANTIES IN HIS SEAMAN OPEN THIS DOOR AT ONCE!!!
**One moment**
Father! You are nothing, but a corpse, yet I can still smell your cologne. I don't understand, you were always a man of science, why would you claim to be able to heal my wife?
Perhaps you should hurry home to her. I am nothing more than a messenger.

5 by crabby
12-03-06
I hurried home, but I was too late. My wife was in bed with her lover and there was nothing left for me to do.
I murdered him and wept for hours.Crying,asking my wife how she could do this to me. Cutting myself with a steak knife to show that her infidelity hurt me more than anything I could ever do to myself.
In the end I forced her to swallow enough of my own blood that she died. In the end the last meal I ever prepared for my wife was my own sorrow.

12-03-06 6:58pm (new)

Humpenstein
Born again virgin

Member Rated:

New comic: Horror by Humpenstein
12-03-06
Praise Allah?!?

12-03-06 7:58pm (new)

boloboffin

Member Rated:

I thank all the participants. You are all too kind.

I will judge this tomorrow afternoon, so if there are any more scary stories out there, get them in!

---

12-05-06 11:15am (new)

edoggydog
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

12-05-06 3:32pm (new)

boloboffin

Member Rated:

Okay, it's judging time! It was a challenge that not a lot of people took up - (translation: bolo sucks at creating contests, and not in a good way) - so the folks who did step out there, I really appreciate a lot.

The winner, though, is crabby. He really took the contest to a new level, which is what I was looking for. The other strips are all good, biped's especially. But it's crabby today.

---

12-06-06 1:03pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

boloboffin

I really felt motivated by a contest which featured rules that could be drawn out into an artful 5 comic 3 panel per comic series. Thanks alot Bolobolon and I'll never forget this.

12-06-06 3:24pm (new)

RandomComicLayoutGuy
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

boloboffin

I guess I'll have to take your word for it that Crabby's was the best;  I fell asleep halfway thru #3 from reading all the dialogue...

12-07-06 9:03am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

We all have our own style I suppose.

I'm gonna try to think up ideas for a contest that people might actually want to participate in while I'm at work today and they should be posted shortly.

12-07-06 9:11am (new)

RandomComicLayoutGuy
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

crabby

Yes.  Your comics are well thought out, intellectually stimulating, and sophisticatedly humorous.  Mine are lame-ass doodlings from a three year-old's mindset

12-07-06 9:22pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

I appreciate the compliment.

New contest rules coming this weekend.

12-07-06 11:44pm (new)

RandomComicLayoutGuy
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated: