Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » Firefox again

Author

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

I haven't been able to access Stripcreator on Firefox since early last night. It just holds on "loading" for half an hour. I can access in on Safari with no problem and on IE.

2-05-07 4:06pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Uh weird. I am accessing it just fine with Firefox right now.

---
www.bradsucks.net

2-05-07 4:51pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

So am I. Although during certain periods of the day I literally can't access the site. This usually happens at either 11PM PST or 1-2AM PST. It just looks at me with it's white screen of shame.

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

2-05-07 5:03pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Yeah, I had that problem to beforehand. I just thought it had something to do with server upgrades or whatever at that time so I didn't think anything of it.
But now it doesn't come up at all. Maybe it has something to do with me using a Mac? I dunno. It was working great and then all of a sudden BAM! White screen of shame.

2-05-07 7:12pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Firefox is working fine on my mac.

2-05-07 7:17pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Lucky: when this happens can you ping stripcreator.com? Or can you hit any of the other sites on the server? Like in4mador.com or bradsucks.net?

Ivy: That's pretty weird, if it's working in other browsers I can't really see why it wouldn't work in Firefox unless there's an issue with your Firefox install. Are your Firefox network settings (Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network -> Settings) set up the same as IE? Mine's set to auto-detect.

Also when it's not loading does it say anything on the status bar at the bottom of the window? I guess it's conceivable that it's choking on some Javascript or something, but that should affect everyone using Firefox, not just you.

---
www.bradsucks.net

2-06-07 6:19am (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

It's working again on Firefox now. Our ISP went down for maintenance last night and I hooked up our shiny new modem with a different type of wireless encryption.

I have no idea if that had anything to do with it or not. Every other site on Firefox loaded and SC loaded on Safari and IE with no problem so I'm not sure if changing my wireless security encryption type with a new modem really did anything, especially since I didn't fiddle with Firefox.

But considering that boorite's laptop wouldn't connect unless it was at least five feet from the modem, I wouldn't doubt it if there was some sort of voodoo going on.

2-06-07 11:53am (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

I can't hit in4mador, but I CAN hit bradsucks, which I always found a bit odd, but hey, bradsucks.

Sometimes stripcreator will load about 30-50% before the white screen of shame, but it'll just stop and will not load again until a while after the hiccup (about 15-30 minutes).

I vaguely recall Injokester saying something about this type of thng once before...

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

2-06-07 12:48pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

I had no problem with bradsucks or in4mador during that. Though when I save comics, there's a really really long load time. Though if I open a new window on the main page, my comic shows up on the list even though the make a comic page is still loading and the unsaved comic is still there.
That's in all three browsers though. 

2-06-07 10:15pm (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

ivytheplantI've had that problem too. I usually just ignore it and close the loading window or move to something else once the comic shows on the list.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

2-07-07 4:09am (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

firefox seemed to be fucking up with image loading and ubb code tonight too. had to use the preset formatting button to get the links to work. it still won't accept the ubb img tags and the formatting image buttons aren't working for me.

also, on a completely unrelated note, is it possible to get the paste command added back to the dropdown menu when you right click on the area you type in on the preview page?

---
what if nigger meant kite

2-22-07 7:39pm (new)

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » Firefox again

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account