Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » Permission to use SC.com comics

Author

Scyess
Official Traveling Menstrual

Member Rated:

Howdy!  A friend of mine is putting on a play about boobs.  This is the closest thing it has to a web site that I know of, but her plan is to put a bunch of comics about boobs in the lobby of the theater.  That includes this comic of mine:

[Click to view comic: 'Boobology']

My question for Brad is this:  do you think this is okay?  The comic uses Jon from Goats and the WIGU donkey... but it's not like she's going to resell these comics or whatnot, she's just going to blow up the picture and put it in the lobby.  What do you think?

I suppose my other question for the other strippers is:  do you have any comics about boobs?  Preferably about very small ones, but anything will work.  Might as well post it here.

---
"Old" is the old new.

7-12-10 10:39pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

I am not Brad, nor any of the copyright holders, nor a copyright lawyer.  But I am an asshole with an opinion, and this is the internet, so.

Your friend would not be selling the comics, distributing them widely (the reproductions would remain in one place), incorporating them in another work (they're in the lobby, not on stage), nor using them to promote that work (again, in the lobby, not in the newspaper ads).  (You could make arguments for some of these, maybe, but I don't think they'd be strong ones.)  So I think she's in the clear.

What about the other comics she's posting: were they all contributed by their authors, or did she clip them out of the Sunday paper?  If the latter, it's hard to see how using the comic above would be any different, from a copyright perspective.

I don't think any of my own comics would fit the bill.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

7-13-10 8:02am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

7-13-10 6:12pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

7-13-10 6:28pm (new)