Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » New comic renderer

Author

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

I'm testing out a new comic renderer. This one converts the comics to images within the browser instead of relying on a server to do it.

Click the 'save or print comic' link underneath your comics.

I've tested it mostly on Chrome. You'll need Flashcanvas (http://flashcanvas.net/) to use it in IE.

Let me know how it works for you.

---
www.bradsucks.net

3-06-12 11:24pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Works fine on mac safari v5, and google chrome, opera 11.5

Firefox verion 11 works but the text in the speech bubbles have a light grey square border around them (at least on this machine),

all give slightly different names for the file when you save as, such as unknown, index.png, default.png et.

Thus concludes my facinating report on the browser-save-me-do's

3-07-12 2:12am (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Cool, thanks for having a look.

I'll have to check into the Firefox speech bubble rendering, I noticed it as well.

Unfortunately it appears I have no control over the filename. This stuff's pretty new in HTML5. Initially I wanted there to be just a download icon but I can't get Javascript to force a download of the rendered image. 

---
www.bradsucks.net

3-07-12 10:03am (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

i'm running Firefox 9.0.1. it's acting goofy for me. on my homepage comic, after i click the save or print comic button, it lets me right click the character and save the character gif itself, but doesn't bring up a save image command when i right click the background. also, it doesn't let me hit the back button to go back to the non-right click to save it page. the url reads the same homepage url as well. then on non homepage comics when i hit the back button, it takes me not back to my regular homepage, but whatever page i was on before then. i just noticed it does the character gif save thing sometimes when it's not the homepage too. sometimes it lets me save it as index.png though. (depending on the comic.)

---
what if nigger meant kite

3-07-12 4:37pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

Ithis should be:

then on non homepage comics when i hit the back button, it takes me not back to the regular page for the comic i was trying to print, but whatever page i was on before then.

---
what if nigger meant kite

3-07-12 4:40pm (new)

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » New comic renderer

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account