Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC573: 3 Characters... 3 Prayers... 3 Big Cheeses.

Author

iconoclastic
Re-gained confidence. My farts smell good again!

Member Rated:

This CC is based loosely on three different characters of 3 different religions, each praying to one of the petitionable leading figures of their faith i.e., a christian praying to God (or Jesus), or the Holy Spirit, or Mother Mary, or St. Christopher or etc etc.

Another might be a muslim praying to Mohammed or some other Islamic figure who may be prayed to.

Judaism of course is another big one.

Cults can be used as well, after all they do represent groups with spiritual adherents and leading figures.

Non-theistic religions may also be used i.e., Jainism, in which case some type of meditative thought would substitute for prayer.

You choose the characters and backgrounds and religions (or spiritual focus) that the characters address.

Due to the fact that within any given religion there are many branches which ardently disagree with each other to different degrees, the comic could have 3 christian characters with different fundamental beliefs. Thus they could be praying the same prayer with dramatically different emphasis. 

The comics could also include God figures responding, or not.

Your thoughts on how to arrange it et al are of course required.

As I'm writing this, I'm suddenly hoping it doesn't turn out to be one of those that's too damn complicated. I hope it becomes easier by allowing you to modify these loosey goosey rules in a ton of different ways. 

I hope to judge it in approximately 2 weeks. I'm also working on an example comic which I will post if it gets done.

2-21-14 12:08am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

iconoclastic

Member Rated:

Okay, so here's a sample comic. I did it kind of fast to get it posted. It required more thought than I had hoped it would. It's not too good, but I did say I hoped to do one, so I did.

I hope others aren't discouraged by it.

I'm going to have to find some way to feel better about this all, so I'm probably going to watch some _ _ _ n and _ _ _ k the holy _ _ _ t out of my _ _ _ k.

Here's my dumb comic...

[Click to view comic: 'CC573: SAMPLE- So many ways to give God praise!']

2-21-14 2:44am (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'CC573: Times are tough everywhere']

For those who didn't know: Haile Selassie, also known as Ras Tafari, is believed by Rastafarians to have been the reincarnation of Jesus.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

2-21-14 11:22am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'CC']

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

2-24-14 10:46am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

I always feel like when a contest gets abunch of entries right off the bat and then goes this long without another entry the last person to post killed the contest.  I'm sorry.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

3-06-14 2:00pm (new)

RandomComicLayoutGuy
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

HCRoyall wrote:

I always feel like when a contest gets abunch of entries right off the bat and then goes this long without another entry the last person to post killed the contest.  I'm sorry.

Uh, no.  Just a tough theme to create to

3-06-14 4:23pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Sorry, man, I'm just waiting for my character in Panel 1 to get around to saying his prayer to the god of procrastination, so I can finish my strip.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

3-06-14 7:58pm (new)

four_legged_tripod
Do what to who for how many jellybeans?

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Please Make it Stop']

---
"Humiliation is humiliation only when you choose to suffer." ~ Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

3-11-14 8:53am (new)

iconoclastic

Member Rated:

Okay, so I', getting the impression that some of you feel this has been dragged out a little. It's sort of a psychic notion, that's all. 

However, I trust such psychic notions, and I'm also sensitive to the idea that I went over the time I said it would be over.

evil_d is the winner, and I'm reasonably certain that he will give more thought to the next CC and honor the time for closure in a more timely fashion.

By the way evil_d, I did not know that about Haile Selassie. Now I understand what can happen if you smoke too much dope!

3-11-14 1:13pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Thanks!  I thought this was a fun theme despite the shortage of entries.

New contest will go up later today.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

3-12-14 7:14am (new)

Asd125
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

5-20-14 10:40am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC573: 3 Characters... 3 Prayers... 3 Big Cheeses.

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests