Member Rated:

Okay, we have (unless informed otherwise):

umfum

TheGovernor

evil d

jes_lawson

dcomposed

1) DropBox is the preferred method.

The basic version of DropBox is free. Create your mix with digital files and put them in a zip file. Password protect your zip file if you like. Upload the zip file to DropBox and place it in a folder. Invite your mates above to share/view the file.

2) If you can't/don't wanna do DropBox, then let us know how to get the files to you via email and state you per-mail MB limit (Gmail is 25MB, for example).

3) Another option would be to send links to song videos via YouTube or use a Spotify or similar playlist. Work it out amongst yourselves.

4) If you want to post a review of the playlist(s) you receive, please do so; however, doing so is not required. It is very appreciated, though. ;)

5) If anyone else wants to join, please let us know so we can get your info/send you info.

Thanks and enjoy!

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

7-16-17 9:18pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

I am slooowly putting together a track list.  Expect it sometime before the end of this year.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

9-05-17 8:18am (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

I'm on for this, as stated in the 1.0 thread.  Tracklist is compiled, more or less, just need to mix it down and zip it up.

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

9-15-17 6:52am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

No rush here. Would be great to get stuff before year's end. I'll send out a friendly reminder before then.

Wasn't satisfied with my first mix attempt, so I sat on it for a while. Then I cut some stuff and added other songs. Now it's good...hopefully.

Working on art and such.

In other news, I'm going to see John McLaughlin and Jimmy Herring together in concert in November.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

10-25-17 8:13pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

Just shared my list with three of you on Dropbox.  Dcom, if you're in, send me the e-mail address for your Dropbox account.

Will try to get some comments up in the next week or two.  Or sometime.  Until then, enjoy.

---

12-15-17 6:34pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

Here's my tracklist and some thoughts on it.

The cover image is a screenshot I took in The Last of Us.  My wife said it looked like an album cover, so now it is one.

01. Aya Higuchi — Waltz no. 19 - op. posth: A minor

This is a Musopen recording of a piece composed by Frédéric Chopin.  Musopen makes public-domain recordings of classical music.  (Classical music is pretty much all in the public domain by now, but recordings are still, by default, owned by the musicians who recorded them.  So Musopen pays people to make recordings and then place them in the public domain.)

02. Mastodon — Naked Burn

lyrics

I bought this Mastodon album (Leviathan) because the first track has a single guest verse from Neil Fallon of Clutch.  It was a good decision.  This song typifies what I think of when I think of metal music: high-intensity songs about mythology with heavy guitar sounds.

(By the way, I think this is the first Stripcreator swap where I haven't included a Clutch song.)

03. Jurassic 5 — Jurass Finish First

lyrics

I learned about J5 from a Stripcreator swap, indirectly -- dcom gave us a Roots Manuva track with Chali 2na as a guest.  Chali 2na is the deeper of the two voices on this track.  In fact, Chali 2na is probably the deepest voice on every track he's ever been on.

04. B.B.Rights — Funky Radio

This is from the Jet Set Radio soundtrack.  The sequel, Jet Set Radio Future, is a better game, in my opinion, but the original Jet Set Radio (for the Dreamcast; called Jet Grind Radio in the US) has one of the best video game soundtracks ever.

05. Spin Doctors — Yo Mama's a Pajama

lyrics

If this song has any kind of deeper meaning, it's news to me.

06. anima — Goodbye Overseas

Anima are French, from what I gather.  I don't know why their lyrics are in English.  I don't know much about them, actually, but I stumbled across this album (Broken Lands) and thought it was some pretty good punk rock.

07. Blackalicious — Supreme People

lyrics

If you want more Blackalicious, I highly recommend The Craft, the album this is from.  I was originally going to include Side to Side, a really fun song about clubbing with two guest MCs, but decided to switch to this track after I used some lines from it as the titles of my CC675 entries.

08. SoulEye — pushing onwards

From PPPPPP, the soundtrack to the indie video game VVVVVV.  If you like platformers and haven't played this game, you should.

09. Jazz de Paris — Somebody Loves Me

lyrics

My brother bought this CD from some random guy on the streets of Paris and it didn't exactly come with liner notes, so the artist name may not be accurate.  I looked up the song and it turns out it's a George Gershwin jazz standard from the '20s.  Normally I hate Gershwin so I'm going to give the credit to the performer for making me like this song.

Anyone else think it's weird that in three years we're not going to be able to say "the '20s" to refer to the Jazz Age anymore?

10. Mega Ran feat. KadeshFlow — Church

lyrics

I know I put two Mega Ran songs in the last swap, but what can I say -- this is what I've been listening to.  At least this one has a new guest MC.  Also, this track is a Patreon exclusive, so you're in an elite club now.  (There's a version of it on his latest album, with SisQó instead of KadeshFlow, but it's just not as good.)

11. Mindless Self Indulgence — Tom Sawyer

lyrics

Now that I know umfum likes Rush, I figure he'll either love this track or hate it, and I'm okay with either.

12. Carolina Chocolate Drops — Your Baby Ain't Sweet Like Mine

lyrics

A kazoo solo, talk of jelly rolls and putting people in line -- what more could you ask for in a love song?

13. Darren Korb — Brusher Patrol

From the Bastion soundtrack.  Supergiant Games have been putting out some really interesting stuff, but I don't think they've yet surpassed their first game.

14. Scott Bradlee & Postmodern Jukebox — I'm Not The Only One

lyrics

PMJ record modern (roughly, '80s and later) songs in older (roughly, '20s to '50s) popular musical styles.  I recommend watching videos or seeing them live because the costumes and dancing are part of the act. This is a cover of a Sam Smith song and honestly, I don't even know who Sam Smith is.

15. Klopfenpop — Duck and Cover

I don't really know much about this guy, but he posted this track on /r/nerdcore and I liked it.  When I decided to add it to this list, back in August, I had no idea it would seem so relevant to current events.

---

12-19-17 6:28am (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

Cheers for that evil_d - all I need to do is zip up mine in time for X-mas, which will be done by GMT 22:00 (at latest)  Password will be "norniron"

---

12-23-17 2:24pm (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

Blast - power cut earlier.  Hope no-one minds getting the full thing a day or so later than I planned; I'd like to add the proper finishing touches to it rather than spin it off into the ether unpolished.

---

12-24-17 3:05pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Well, about a month ago, I was supposed to post a reminder to upload your swaps. So...upload your swaps!

evil_d hath done so.

jes is working on his.

i should have one up soon.

Better late than next year :)

---

12-27-17 7:50pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Funk Soul Expedition is uploaded and ready.

P for zip file is: umfum

Artwork and tracklist included at no extra charge!

---

12-27-17 9:34pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

Received.  First listening has commenced.

---

12-29-17 8:52am (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

Mine's now up in my dropbox and evil_d and umfum are the first two confirmed guests.  If anyone else is defnitley on for this, pass their e-mail along.

Listening commences soon...

---

12-30-17 7:19am (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

jes_lawson wrote:

Mine's now up in my dropbox and evil_d and umfum are the first two confirmed guests.  If anyone else is defnitley on for this, pass their e-mail along.

Right - seems I didn't sweep up all the shortcuts and one track is still only a link.  Oops, sorry :-)  This will be fixed within 24 hours.  Happy New Year all.

---

1-01-18 5:08am (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

jes_lawson wrote:

jes_lawson wrote:

jes_lawson wrote:

Right - seems I didn't sweep up all the shortcuts and one track is still only a link.  Oops, sorry :-)  This will be fixed within 24 hours.  Happy New Year all.

You can now hear Your Children Are Screaming - Live.  Don't worry, it turns out OK for Niall and his recurring nightmare...

---

1-01-18 1:12pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Did my invites and files go through okay?

I have another one to send out and want to make sure.

Also, I'm having an eSwap listening party this weekend, so I will comment on tracks received then. Thanks, gents!

---

1-02-18 11:43pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

Have listened to umfum's mix a few times so far and am liking it.  I'm not sure how much I can say about it by way of a review. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around songs that don't have lyrics.  I don't have the musical vocabulary to point out particular passages or techniques that I like.

What I can say so far is that the Quantic and Frankie Seay and the Soul Riders tracks are my favorites -- the ones that, when they come on, make me stop and check the track list.  I can also say that all of these are going on my media center, to be played when guests are over or when I'm doing work around the house.

Jes, how do I get your corrected ZIP file?  I didn't get an e-mail about it like I did for the original one.

---

1-07-18 11:09am (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » eSwap 2.0

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help