Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » System Notices » Stupid Bug Fixed

Author

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

The bug that had been causing hanging and crashing in a few people's browsers should now be fixed. It was trying to load two missing images and for whatever reason, certain browsers reacted very poorly to it.

Thanks to Gabe for spending the past hour or two testing it for me.

---
www.bradsucks.net

12-28-01 12:29pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

Hooray, I can confirm it's super working-ness.

---
Dad was flammable

12-28-01 12:39pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

12-28-01 12:54pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

I'm glad Brad is finally willing to admit that there was a bug. I was beginning to think he was becoming a Gates.

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

12-28-01 5:56pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Strictly speaking, the bug is in your specific copy of Internet Explorer. It hangs and/or crashes when a non-existent image is loaded in a table background. Most copies of IE handle this sort of thing fine.

---
www.bradsucks.net

12-28-01 9:26pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

Look at him trying to pin it on me... it's not MY copy. It's the copy that is on my computer.

It's like the scan disk screen telling me that it has to run a test because my system was not shut down properly, after I got blue screen of death and the system wouldn't LET me shut it down properly.

Fucking computer people with their tricky wording that absolves them of responsibility for any bugs. Grrr.

Brad, I really do love and adore you for giving us this site for free and all that stuff, but Grrr, ya know?

I'll paypal you some guilt gilt when I get over my Grrr.

---

12-29-01 8:55am (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

I wasn't implying that you wrote your particular version of Internet Explorer. If I'm trying to pin it on anyone, it's Microsoft.

What are you talking about? Scroll back through the system notices here and you'll see me taking responsibility for tons of stupid bugs and problems.

No, I don't. I have no idea where any of this hostility is coming from or why you're so enraged that I'm not saying that this problem was all my fault.

In this fucking computer person's opinion, the bug is in the HTML parser of a very small percentage of copies of IE and/or Windows. They hang or crash when an HTML table declaration attempts to load a non-existent background image. In the course of testing with Gabe, I removed all of my PHP and Javascript code, leaving just the raw HTML and it still hung. HTML should be (and is in 99.5% of IE browsers) incapable of hanging or crashing the browser. Even the craziest of HTML code should only result in a really messy web page.

If you disagree and think that it's all my fault, then that's fine by me.

If you have some sort of burning need for me to confess that it was all my fault, I can pretty much guarantee you that raging at me isn't going to do it.

If you really need to place the blame somewhere for this, I can provide you with some HTML code which should hang or crash your browser. You can take that to Microsoft and see what they say about it.

Either way, it's fixed now.

---
www.bradsucks.net

12-29-01 11:22am (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

Intense,

but highly entertaining!

---
Dad was flammable

12-29-01 12:05pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

I'm siding with Brad on this one.

12-29-01 12:13pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

1) I'm not really that mad. Text is a poor medium for expressing fleeting frustration. No rage, really.

2) I shouldn't have said "any bugs", I meant this one. You kept acting as if it were nonexistent. In that one thing only is where my frustration lay.

3) I'm sorry. I'm glad you tested and fixed it. You should know by now that I truly do appreciate you and everything you've done. That does not preclude me from being able to be frustrated about one thing, okay?

---

12-29-01 12:33pm (new)

JrnymnNate
I fling the shoddy polo stick

Member Rated:

quote:

Thanks to Gabe for spending the past hour or two testing it for me.

That's no suprise...

thanks, it's not crashing now, no.

12-30-01 9:04pm (new)

zenboy
Mister Lover Lover

Member Rated:

Fucking whores. If it were me up there, I'd have just told you it was some sort of mass delusion or that you should, oh, I dunno, FUCKING UPGRADE OR COPE, even if I did find out that there was some bizarre error in certain versions of IE. Or maybe even just start emailing your ISP faked logs of BlackIce "intrusion attempts" from your IP and falsified some forum threads to indicate your hostility and tried to get you booted or some such shit. Or maybe just bitten the bullet, bought a sledgehammer and a plane ticket and sent your teeth to meet your internal organs, you fucking harpie cunt.

---
Like Chicken Soup for the Homeless Soul

1-02-02 5:45am (new)

zenboy
Mister Lover Lover

Member Rated:

And I wish you would spend a little time trying to get a minor in "Shutting the fuck up" to fall back on if this Bitchcraft thing doesn't work out.

"Just my .02" as they say. Scatmuncher.

---
Like Chicken Soup for the Homeless Soul

1-02-02 5:53am (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

Happy Holidays to you too, sweetums.

---

1-02-02 10:13am (new)