Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » This is your war. This is your war on drugs.

Author

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

Operation Enduring Denial by wirthling
2-05-02
I just want to let you kids know that if you buy drugs, you are helping finance the terrorists!
Um, excuse me, Mr. President...
Yes, li'l feller?
Aren't the terrorists also largely funded by oil money? Should we stop using foreign oil, too?
HELP! TERRORIST! GET'M, BOYS!

Comments?

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

2-05-02 12:01pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

Maybe he should go after that evil do'er niece of his. Also, how much of the Northern Alliance funding has come from drug money? And what of his dad's snug relationship with Manuel Noriega? And what about TOBOR's mouth blasting probe of Dick Cheney?

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

2-05-02 12:09pm (new)

djsparkydog
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

I thought Osama got all his money from his rich oil baron father... maybe we should ban hereditary wealth... My parents aren't leaving me much more than an old couch anyway... damn cheap bastitches

---
HAH! GORILLA, right there!

2-05-02 12:26pm (new)

djsparkydog
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

I thought Osama got all his money from his rich oil baron father... maybe we should ban hereditary wealth... My parents aren't leaving me much more than an old couch anyway... damn cheap bastitches

---

2-05-02 12:32pm (new)

djsparkydog
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

I have doubleposted... may the wrath of many forumusers fall upon me like large pendulous... ummmmm... baby grand pianos.

---

2-05-02 12:33pm (new)

djsparkydog
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

I have doubleposted... may the wrath of many forumusers fall upon me like large pendulous... ummmmm... baby grand pianos.

---

2-05-02 12:33pm (new)

djsparkydog
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

---

2-05-02 12:35pm (new)

djsparkydog
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

something is seriously wrong with my browser

---

2-05-02 12:36pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Perhaps you should stop using it, then.

2-05-02 12:48pm (new)

djsparkydog
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

just switched back to IE... that's what I get for using an opera beta...

But to the point of this thread:
1. Does anyone think Osama Bin Laden is really dead of renal failure?
2. Does it matter anyway?
3. Does anyone other than me think Bush is a little too Gung-Ho with his little red "Smite" button?
4. Didja know the US actually GAVE Osama anti aircraft rockets to fend off the russians when they were trying to dig into Afghanistan... They promised to use them against the russkies... HA...
"No Mr.President, cross my heart and hope to die we won't do anything BAD with these missile launchers"

---

2-05-02 1:07pm (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

he also gets alot of money from being about the only producer in the world of gum arabic found in those oh so tasty sweets such as rowntrees fruit pastilles

mmmmm, gum arabic

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

2-05-02 1:17pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

Well, not exactly.

---

2-05-02 1:22pm (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

well he used to, so i guess theres some truth in it

oh who am i kidding? the tv lied to me

AGAIN!

why oh why?

it keeps bloody doing this y'know?

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

2-05-02 2:29pm (new)

Tom_O_Bedlam
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

My war on drugs would involve a lot more tanks. And fewer 'Drugs Czars'.

---
No names have been changed to protect the innocent, since God Almighty protects the innocent as a matter of Heavenly routine.

2-05-02 4:02pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

Operation Enduring Hypocrisy by wirthling
2-05-02
My fellow Americans, I am here again to talk to you about drugs and how evil they are.
And the Anti-Smoking Federation sent me to help out. Did you know tobacco kills several times more people than all illegal drugs combined?
Uh...
And I know our President, despite his many supporters in tobacco country, is going to support the war on tobacco! Right, George? George?
Ignore it and it'll go away! It must be a pretzel-induced hallucination! Ignore it and it'll go away!

---

2-05-02 4:41pm (new)

djsparkydog
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

I say legalize anything with roughly the same level of intoxication as alcohol. Make it illegal to be high and disorderly, drive under the influence (It already is anyway) make sure the appropriate counseling is available for those who get addicted instead of using drugs recreationally.

When there's no money in it, there's no crime.

And run the heroin and crack dealers over slowly with a riding lawnmower. Back up and do wheelies on the dealers who sell to kids.

---

2-05-02 4:41pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

I'd like there to be a war on Mothers Against Drugs. With napalm.

2-05-02 6:01pm (new)

djsparkydog
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Personally I'm drug free except for my drinking habit and endless chain-smoking... but that's just a techie thing to do.

However, If you bake, fry, roll, or sautee, fine with me. Don't drive, don't make an ass out of yourself in public(Unless it's funny) and don't do anything that could conceivably kill you in one hit.

Unless you're Ru Paul.

In that case the first needles on me.

---

2-05-02 8:21pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Yeah, you pretty much summed up my feelings on the whole thing, Wirthling. I guess that means I suck too.

2-05-02 11:08pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

The US created Afghan Islamism. The Soviets had a puppet government in Afghanistan, and so Washington formed, equipped, and trained a 100,000 man army composed of the most radical Afghan Islamists they could find. This was calculated to precipitate a Soviet invasion. Washington wanted to give the Soviet Union its own Vietnam. They succeeded-- Afghanistan was destroyed, just like Vietnam.

After the Soviets pulled out, the terror networks we created set their sights on the US presence, particularly in Saudi Arabia.

It is no secret that we created radical Islamism in Afghanistan. Brzezinski, Carter's National Security Advisor, has been bragging about it for years. He's actually proud of it. Read all about it here.

Note that Brzezinski has no regrets about precipitating a war that destroyed a country we were pretending to defend. To him, Afghanistan and its people are worthless except as pawns in the superpowers' struggle. That is very striking, as is his lack of concern over the terrorist threat he created. Also noteworthy is his casual admission that he and the rest of the Carter administration were lying about it for 18 years.

The comparison to Vietnam is apt. The conventional view in the US media is that Vietnam was under attack, and we came to its defense, but eventually failed in our noble cause, at great cost to ourselves. This is exactly parallel to what the Soviets said about Afghanistan, though unlike us, their government eventually apologized. Anyway, we call the Soviets' action an invasion, an attack on the people it claimed to be defending, one that destroyed the country and put it at the mercy of the worst possible elements there. By calling Afghanistan the Soviet Union's Vietnam, Brzezinski is saying that we invaded Vietnam on pretense of defending it, then left the place in ruins. Accurate-- though not consistent with the mainstream America the Victim stance. The main difference from the Soviets' war is that there was no superpower presence drawing us into Vietnam.

What is most interesting of all is the total disappearance of this crucial fact from US media coverage of post 9-11. Don't you think the American public could make better sense of the situation if they realized we essentially created bin Laden? Wouldn't they want to know? Instead we get stories about John Walker Lindh's shoe size.

---
What others say about boorite!

2-08-02 11:55am (new)

JrnymnNate
I fling the shoddy polo stick

Member Rated:

Boorite is responsible for a new conspiracy theorist attitude I've recently taken and a newfound distrust of the US Government.

About drugs- remember, it's the "War on Some Drugs".

2-08-02 12:41pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

I'm always glad to help make America a more patriotic place (in the Patrick Henry sense). I guess you could call these crimes conspiracies, but the stories I tell aren't really conspiracy theories in the perjorative sense. I mean, the facts are acknowledged. I get them from mainstream sources. It's just that official dogma plays up certain things and plays down or ignores others, leadng to extremely screwy, if self-serving, explanations for world events.

---

2-08-02 1:20pm (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Yeah, it's not so much "A conspiracy" as just plain history. A friend ofmine is doing a night school course on US foreign policy and how they regularly smack down developing countries just for a cheap laugh.

2-08-02 1:36pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

tAk it all niacragua biches iam rapping u!!1

---

2-08-02 1:46pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Hokay, I commented earlier on the near-total post 9-11 silence regarding Brzezinski's fondly-remembered role in creating the monsters we are currently annihilating, but I was only guessing that there was no coverage.

So I just did a Lexis-Nexis search of major newspaper stories on Afghanistan where Brzezinski was mentioned anywhere in the article. Several mentioned his or the Carter administration's backing of Mujahadeen but left out crucial details, essentially getting the story exactly wrong. For example, at least one story regurgitated the old theory that B. himself debunked, namely that we began support after the Soviet invasion. You might say that at least these stories discuss our role in creating bin Laden, but we are talking about a couple of stories out of many thousands, and not in the NYT but in papers like the The Seattle Times and St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Not too impressive.

Two-- count 'em-- two stories fully recalled Brzezinski's startling historical revision. One was in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (September 23, 2001, p. A12) and was highly critical of US policy. The other appeared in The Baltimore Sun (Dec 9, 2001, p. 1F) and was highly critical also-- of the Afghans, for their "widespread tendency... to blame everyone else, except their fellow countrymen, for the problems of two decades."

quote:
President Jimmy Carter's national security adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski still boasts about how U.S. covert action helped prompt the Soviet Union's 1979 invasion of Afghanistan. The United States and Saudi Arabia then financed years of armed resistance, but after the Soviets withdrew, the United States tended to look the other way while the victorious mujahedeen factions fought it out among themselves, reducing much of Kabul to dust.

I've learned that on the rare occasions when an uncomfortable, largely suppressed fact is admitted in a mainstream newspaper, it is almost always followed by a "but." I would be rich if I could find anyone sucker enough to take a bet on it. Anyway, right on cue:

quote:
Yet, no matter who has pulled the strings, Afghans themselves are responsible for most of the mischief from 1990 onward. And until Afghans own up to their role in this national tragedy, they'll be more prone than ever to keep repeating their well-armed errors.

"There is a sort of disconnect in terms of anyone saying, 'Well, we've done this to ourselves,'" says Larry Goodson, an authority on Afghanistan and a professor of international relations at Bentley College in Massachusetts. "There is a tendency to see all of this as something that the outside world has done."

So we goad the Russians (now our allies) into largely destroying the country; we create a fanatical army, which after the war proceeds to destroy the rest of the country while we look on. And the main moral failing here belongs to the Afghans, for not realizing that they did it all to themselves. Remarkable.

This is why the uncomfortable facts are usually simply avoided. The party line just looks too ridiculous in view of them.

Brzezinski was interviewed in several stories and even wrote a few high-profile editorials himself on the subject of Afghanistan, but he didn't seem too eager to recall his 1998 boast that he got Afghan Islamism rolling. I wonder why.

Foreign newspapers had no trouble remembering Brzezinski's boasts and seeing the connection to 9-11.
Several stories in The Irish Times, The Guardian, The Independent, and, for some reason, The Straits Times (Singapore) make the point rather strongly.

It's quite a comment on our liberal, free press when it is outperformed by Singapore's.

I went back to 1998 and found that not one, single, mainstream American newspaper as much as mentioned Brzezinski's comments about Afghanistan. Not one.

A search for "Lewinsky," however, aborted because it would return over 1,000 stories.

---

2-08-02 2:29pm (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » This is your war. This is your war on drugs.

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests