Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » This is not a troll (but it IS long)

Author

Zero_Entropy
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Recently things seemed to have "kicked off" after 2 comments i made. The first was what i thought to be a somewhat funny joke for the anally retentive liberal society we live in atm when i said "Gays should be shot in the face twice etc". The second comment was when i labelled my current rank "fag assed".

Now quite a few people on this forum totally did not get "it" and proceeded to "go off on one" at me. I felt that this forum could, if not enjoy, at least appreciate a joke at a minority. I mean this forum is based around creating comics and the basis for a good comic is a joke and ALL jokes are made at the expense of something. In my reasoning why cant this joke be based on making fun of Gays?

After the initial response i got to my comments i thought "Why not see how far this thing can go" and i began to make more and more outrageous comments (ie blacks are lazy etc) to see if the liberals here are so fuckin anal they would try and argue against what is obviously trolling behaviour.

In my opinion when someone is "raged" against for a "joke" which disagrees with someone elses pov it shows a deep level of insecurity on the behalf of the "rager". I mean a person secure in their belief wouldn't have to go around trying to forcefully convince others that they are/were right now would they?!

Now i dont have a problem with trolling and i dont think anyone else should either. In my opinion trolling is not "low down and dasterdly ... trying to sucker other people in" etc but is infact the ONLY way of finding out who is a "decent person" on a forum you use. If a person can take a "joke" and "come back at me" with something equally inane and stupid then they're a "good guy" in my book. Someone who hasnt the wit to reply decently or the intelligence to know when to stop being serious is obviously a tosser who thinks too much of themself and who's opinion shouldn't be taken seriously at all in the future.

Skagg falls into this first category (i think some of his comments were as deliberately retarded as mine ... i think Kajun and Kramer might have got "it" towards the end too but i would have to re-read all the threads again and as i cant be bothered i wont and just go with my general impressions).

A whole heap of you fall into the second category (Baz, DH-10, DexX amongst others).

Other folk appeared to be "too mature" for much fun to be had with (lo Wirthling :) ).

In addition id like to say on the "mis-use" of my name (ie "Zero_Hope" etc) ... congratulations guys. You've managed to go back to childhood insults (like rhyming your "enemy's" name e.g. Bart the Fart the big fat Cart) to try and "win one over on me". I must say that it made me re-evaluate all my opinions and contemplate asking for redemtion and things like that.

"PLD YOU!"

On a final note i have to say the funniest thing (just beating the mis-use of my name) to come out of all this is the fact that those people who repeatedly called for others to "stop feeding the troll" continued to reply to my ever increasingly stupid comments.

HOW RETARDED ARE YOU?!

And as that was a rhetorical question i will answer it by saying "VERY".

I initially planned to post this on GD but as i feel i might get flamed and in the interest of keeping things nice and tidy around here i posted my thread here.

So anyway ... reply away.

---
Charlie dont surf

4-23-02 11:40am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Zero_Entropy
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

A few things i forgot to mention in my initial post:

- I am not a homophobe. I definately do not fear homosexuals.

- I am not a closet homosexual. My "apparant dislike" of gays is not due to a secret hidden desire to be gay.

- Part of the reason for the "trolling" was to get a new rank. I succeded ... trolling (/spamming) therefore stopped.

---
Charlie dont surf

4-23-02 11:48am (new)

JrnymnNate
I fling the shoddy polo stick

Member Rated:

I never cared either way... I just got irritated when you made yourself out to be christian and misused the bible.

It's easy to be upset with extreme liberals, but the answer is not to just piss them off. That leads to the dark side. You pretty much sacked you're reputation here by trolling, even if it was for those purposes. I don't hold anything against you, except for your (obviously) outrageous statements that you now claim were in jest...
If you want people to think your jokes are funny, learn to present them correctly.

You do realize you're a member of Tobor's Fan Club now? Any injustice you may have inflicted comes around with this title.

4-23-02 12:08pm (new)

Zero_Entropy
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

quote:
I just got irritated when you made yourself out to be christian and misused the bible.

I never said i was a Chrisitan. I just said that homosexuality was against God (which IS stated in the Bible).

And as much as "sacking my reputation" on a internet forum upsets me i think i might just get over it.

---
Charlie dont surf

4-23-02 12:15pm (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

You could say that, though if someone were to make twenty comics on September the 11th degrading New Yokers and deaths on purpose, they would be flamed highly I would expect, so that's not true.

---
I am not 16 going on not 17, I know that I'm naive.

4-23-02 12:32pm (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

Mr Entropy, I'm glad you've decided to give up your trolling ways, I for one didn't really get into the whole thing much. I mean, I'm the one who will rise to the bait quicker than any other regular here, but I don't think I did, really. It was pretty obvious from the beginning that you were just having a laugh, I didn't feel offended by your "fag-assed" comment much, coming from Glasgow, I tend to throw around a lot of abusive language without really meaning it.

The remark about shooting queers was a bit harsh, but still, I can't say I lost any sleep over it. If anything you helped these forums, by giving us all a common enemy. Everyone learned the true meaning of togetherness.

Not me though, I've always hated these faggots.

---
Dad was flammable

4-23-02 12:49pm (new)

Isocish
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

Why do you think people become trolls? For the different title? The hatedness (I suk at inglish)? No Its for the attention don't feed the troll dude...................................................................................................................just thought I'd put that in there...........................for no reason.

4-23-02 1:04pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

Things might have been different if you had said something in the beginning that had some humor content. "Shoot fags in the face twice" doesn't seem to be funny at all to me, especially considering that there are folks out there who say such things and mean it. How would we know the difference? There is a difference between poking fun at minorities and being an outright idiotic bigot, and you didn't leave us much margin to make a distinction until you started adding arguments that made clear your true intent.

I have friends who are HIV-positive (one is a gay man, the other is a heterosexual woman), so I am inclined to not find jokes about "fags deserving AIDS" funny. It's not because I'm a knee-jerk, politically-correct liberal--I just know people who hear such comments thrown at them in real life by people who mean it. Such comments by those people are intended to hurt the target and express hatred and not to amuse anyone. If your comments resemble theirs, how am I not going to take it the wrong way? Maybe if I knew you better I would have recognized your intent right away, but I don't and I didn't.

At any rate, I don't think this extended trolling proved anything more than that trolling is a way to ruin others' good time. I'm sorry, but you don't have to put people under a trial by fire to find out who is "decent." Have you ever heard of just taking the time to get to know someone? Sheesh.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

4-23-02 1:45pm (new)

Zero_Entropy
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

quote:
Things might have been different if you had said something in the beginning that had some humor content. "Shoot fags in the face twice" doesn't seem to be funny at all to me, especially considering that there are folks out there who say such things and mean it. How would we know the difference? There is a difference between poking fun at minorities and being an outright idiotic bigot, and you didn't leave us much margin to make a distinction until you started adding arguments that made clear your true intent.

At any rate, I don't think this extended trolling proved anything more than that trolling is a way to ruin others' good time. I'm sorry, but you don't have to put people under a trial by fire to find out who is "decent." Have you ever heard of just taking the time to get to know someone? Sheesh.

First off i thought that the "twice" part of my statement initially identified that i wasnt serious about it. After all you do only need 1 shot to the face to kill someone. 2 shots just shows pure malice. I mean it's very unlikely that i could be that full of hate for homosexuals and be spending time on a computer when i could be out "there" orgainsing hate campaigns against them (ie homos) and stuff.

TBH i really REALLY cant understand how people can take something "said" to them on an internet forum seriously. I just cant understand how it could "ruin someone's good time".

No offence but i think that's just an easy way out. If what someone who you never have and probably never will meet says something to you over the interent "shakes" your beliefs so much that you become upset about it then i would have to say that you've got problems to begin with which are not the fault of the person who is upsetting you (on an computer forum type place).

BTW i didnt quote the middle part cause its long and "fair enough".

In short (/conclusion/whatever) i just wanted this forum to "lighten up" (become less pc) a bit and show a little equalty in their "jokes". Jokes about heterosexual men being afraid of being anally assaulted by a gay man/robot seem to be all the "rage" (no pun intended) on this forum but when you introduce the non-pc idea that being gay is wrong (basically the flip-side to the "straight man being abused by a poof" situation) you get all this hate directed at you.

I mean why is one alright and the other not (ie RAPE is alright according to this forum but not "hate" against a "minority").

Just "typing-out-loud". It's late and my brain is fried (in short im getting my excuses in early in-case ive just gone and written something which can be easily argued against :) ).

---
Charlie dont surf

4-23-02 3:16pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Oh, now I get it, hahahaha. Shoot fags in the face. That's a funny joke. It shows what liberal tightasses we all are.

I've got an even better one: Shoot Jews in the face! Oh hohohoho! I'll bet that pisses off the liberals! Wait, here's another: Shoot blacks in the face! Because they are lazy! Oh I am the King of Comedy now!

---
What others say about boorite!

4-23-02 3:21pm (new)

Zero_Entropy
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

quote:
Oh, now I get it, hahahaha. Shoot fags in the face. That's a funny joke. It shows what liberal tightasses we all are.

I've got an even better one: Shoot Jews in the face! Oh hohohoho! I'll bet that pisses off the liberals! Wait, here's another: Shoot blacks in the face! Because they are lazy! Oh I am the King of Comedy now!

You dont shoot Jews you gas them.

TWICE!

---
Charlie dont surf

4-23-02 3:25pm (new)

Zero_Entropy
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Also "blacks" would probably out-gun you if all you had was a single revolver.

They are after all mostly gang banging thugs.

---
Charlie dont surf

4-23-02 3:27pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

What makes you think that anything you said "shook" anyone's belief about anything? That's the oddest part of your theory. It is not out of the ordinary for people to express their beliefs on the 'net and to be emotional in the course of doing so when they feel strongly about their beliefs.

At the same time, after spending years debating various things online, I have come to the conclusion that it really does one no good to get emotional in a debate. Nobody engaged in such arguments ever changes their viewpoint, so it is a waste of time to get worked up about it. That (in addition to my hunch that you were trolling) is why I didn't bother challenging your gay-bashing statements.

I only got bothered when it became apparent that our usually peaceful "General Discussion" forums were being overtaken by a foodfight (this is what I meant by "ruining a good time"). I like there to be a bit of order in the madness here and so do others, and that's why the "Fights Go Here" forum was created. If anyone wants to post whatever arguments they want in this forum, I have no problem with it.

---

4-23-02 3:44pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

I also feel strongly, um, I mean strongly about previewing one's message before posting it.

Doh.

---

4-23-02 3:49pm (new)

Zero_Entropy
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

This is where the "being tired" excuse comes in really handy.

I think i might have to wait until tomorrow before i reply "properly" again as currently i seem to be arguing against issues which havent been brought up by the other "side" (ie taking offence over stuff said on the internet etc).

Hopefully i'll also wake up funnier.

Anyway Teachers is about to start (its a repeat but still better than most things :) ) so i think ill go watch that.

---
Charlie dont surf

4-23-02 3:51pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

You know "guys", I really don't know what the "problem" is here, it seems to me that we're all just "kicking-a-dead-horse" for no real reason, except to get the "last word".

---
Dad was flammable

4-23-02 5:16pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

Are not.

---

4-23-02 5:26pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

I was really just wanting to take the piss out of all the random "quoting" that was going on.

end of discussion.

---
Dad was flammable

4-23-02 5:37pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

ass.

4-23-02 5:57pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

---
Dad was flammable

4-23-02 6:10pm (new)

TheElPaso
Senior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

Then I'm strongly flattering Wirthling.

---
My love for you is like diarrhea, I just can't hold it in. -Weird Al Yankovic

4-23-02 6:29pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

You can be replaced.

---

4-23-02 6:57pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

damn, I liked the old ZE.
he gave something to photoshop about.
now naked men will just seem gay.
ah, Brock Lesnar.
probably a good thing.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

4-23-02 9:06pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

Of course not...

quote:

- I am not a closet homosexual. My "apparant dislike" of gays is not due to a secret hidden desire to be gay.
Nope. Not you...

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

4-23-02 9:28pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Here's my take, ZE:

You are not funny. Trolling is stupid. Pissing people off for fun is an activity engaged in by children. Pissing people off by saying outreageously offensive but not even remotely funny things takes no talent whatsoever. Saying something offensive which is actually funny takes comedic talent. You do not have any comedic talent.

I knew this was going to happen. I knew you would stop trolling when everyone stopped taking the bait and ignoring you. That, of course, is the point of "not feeding a troll". However, in my opinion, you can now fuck right off to whatever slimy little hole you crawled out of. You knew exactly what you were doing, and you knew that nobody here (except the clinically dead dcomposed) found your bullshit funny. Nobody was laughing except yourself, and you were completely aware of that fact.

Anyone who could do this kind of thing for fun in a waste of my attention.

Bye.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

4-24-02 2:10am (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » This is not a troll (but it IS long)

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests