Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Hey Now , Youre A Rock Star

Author

bunnerabb
Some bloke.

Member Rated:

bunner, what's the name of your band?
Join the SC group!

The Avoidables. I have no idea how. All of my experience is with actual rock bands. I've recorded a single and so far, I suck cheese.

---
I wanted my half in the middle and I wound up on the edge.

6-13-02 5:55pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

bunner, what's the name of your band?
Join the SC group!

The Avoidables. I have no idea how. All of my experience is with actual rock bands. I've recorded a single and so far, I suck cheese.

How long have you been playing , and why havent you joined the SC.com group yet? Clearly we require to see how your old school musical knowledge compares with that of us young whippersnappers.

And besides , i want to see how you write up your press reports. Thats the fun part of this game.

---
"Life Sucks, Then you Die. The bit inbetween isnt very funny either"

6-13-02 6:01pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Go for it, bunner!

quote:
Oh , and for those now playing , theres a "friends" group set up to allow you to keep an eye on other Stripcreator regs who are playing.

Just click this link to be added to it within the game.

http://www.rockstargame.com/group_join.asp?GroupID=6737&PW=Tobor

Just over a week until Hold My Kitty's long-awaited second album gets produced. 9 of 10 songs are written. Be very afraid!

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

6-13-02 6:03pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Billboard Magazine
News in Brief - June 2002

[u]Plan 9 Begins Recording[/u]
Wolfgang McBazzart's highly-anticipated musical version of Edward D. Wood Jr's Plan 9 from Outer Space has finally begun recording at FaecesPlusFan recording studio in Melbourne. Guest performers are coming and going in dark-windowed limousines, so their secret identities remain so for now.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

6-15-02 10:09am (new)

Bluebexq
Hemi-Demi-Semi-Sub-Goddess

Member Rated:

Artists Struggle to stay afloat
Associated Press

With the newly discovered "security clause" contained in a microdot on almost all music artist's contracts, the record companys are keeping all their earnings.

"With the anticipated bombing of Iraq, we have to stay financially secure," a spokesman for Shite records said. "We can't have all the artists getting rich, we need the money."

But artists are not taking it. Eternity Richardson of Bluebec, as well as many other music artists are taking the companies to court in one of the biggest class-actions ever seen. They have full public backing.

"How can they say we were aware of the clause? We didn't even notice the micro-dot. That's what microdots are...very small and almost impossible to see. I want my money. I make some from touring, but I put a lot into my albums and singles, and I am getting nothing from those."

Observers note that it could be the end for many record companies if they lose the legal challenge. However, many in the legal fraternity believe that the artists will be successful, "There is no way that they can argue that their client was completely aware of the contents of their contracts at this stage," said a lawyer who wished to remain anonymous.

6-19-02 3:00am (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

"Air Guitar" to hit UK streets
By Some dude with humourous name

Bazilla is set to release his new, and best, single "Air Guitar" shortly, the song with the classic repetition lyircs of:
"Air guitar!
I am playing on my Air Guitar
Can you hear me playing on my Air Guitar?
It's very loud"
Will feature "Phat Air" and ANOTHER cheese related song in "Cheese Phat" on the B side.

We managed to catch up with the pop sensesation "It's a good single, please buy it, otherwise I don't eat!" he then mumbled something about Tom Jones starving him until he puts Wales back on the map before leaving.

---
I am not 16 going on not 17, I know that I'm naive.

6-19-02 9:47am (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

This is neat.

Go to http://www.rockstargame.com/user_money.asp?Order=WorldPop and look who's second on the list. Granted, there's a 3500+-way tie for the top, but since they order ties in this stat downward by band number, it shows I've gotten there in a hurry.

They wike me. They weely wike me!

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

6-22-02 9:57pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

I credit the public frenzy surrounding the impending release of Tommy-Cat, myself...

---

6-22-02 10:28pm (new)

israphael
Stripcreator Veteran

Member Rated:

OK, I'm in. If the Toxicology gig doesn't work, I'm quitting my day job and begin touring as the Bluesman: Arbus "Sandhill" Hughes.

---
"Nothing expresses the brutal grandeur of rectal polyps and anal fistulae quite like the mother-tongue of Goethe."

6-22-02 11:48pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

[b]Scientific Mysteries and Balls of Yarn
Hold My Kitty unravels them all[/b]
NEW ORLEANS (Reuters)

It was a double celebration this week as American blues sensation Hold My Kitty released their second album and sold their 100,000,000th single.

The album, Catboy Physics is touted as a refreshing deviation from the canned pap that dominates the airwaves these days. While displaying a musical sophistication not found on their debut album, All You Need is Cats, the lyrics explore some of the most baffling mysteries of the world around us. Scientists from Palo Alto to Cambridge to Bremen have brought the CD into their laboratories in hopes of getting a better understanding of the falling cat phenomenon. Non-scientists have also flocked to the music -- in France alone, Catboy Physics sold over 3/4 of a million copies in its first week.

Meanwhile, Cedric diAngelo, 22, of Sudbury, Ontario, bought a copy of the latest Kitty single, My Angora's Stretched, Friday, thus becoming the lucky owner of the hundred-millionth single sold by the band. In honor of this achievement, the band will be breaking from its travel schedule to play three shows in Sudbury next week.

Along with the title song, Angora's flip side is believed to contain two songs from the band's next large-scale project. Although they are keeping mum about it, word has leaked out that they are producing a rock opera about a cat who becomes unresponsive to the people around him.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

6-24-02 1:41pm (new)

JrnymnNate
I fling the shoddy polo stick

Member Rated:

Anyone else notice that alot of touring not only brings up your popularity, but your ability(playing) as well?

6-24-02 2:13pm (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Yes, those that read the FAQ or something also would've notice.Also notice that in the group of 25, I have the best ability!

---
I am not 16 going on not 17, I know that I'm naive.

6-24-02 2:17pm (new)

flickguy
Senior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

Yes, but the ability to annoy people only gets you so far.

---
This is not my empire.

6-24-02 4:52pm (new)

JrnymnNate

Member Rated:

Aside from your ability, you seem to suck.

6-24-02 5:03pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

As Kaufman will testify , and anyone else whos good at the game , ability means nothing. You can have 200 ability , and go against someone with a 50 ability. But if their popularity in a country is higher , the odds are they can and will outsell you. Kaufmans 100 popularity puts me in danger of being outsold by him , as i can only raise 98 in every country (dunno why) , but fortunately , as im selling 7.2 million albums a week just now , i think i may survive a little longer.

---

6-24-02 5:58pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Speaking of which, how do you get popularity outside your own country?

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

6-24-02 6:47pm (new)

JrnymnNate

Member Rated:

Once your popularity in the USA( or wherever you started) reaches 30, just drag down on the box to select a different country on the "Go on tour" page.

6-24-02 7:20pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Yeah, 30 popularity in your home country lets you tour elsewhere, though you'll be starting from scratch again over there, playing the tiniest venues. What you don't see in any FAQ, and I had to find out from the forum, is that you need popularity of 11 in a country to release a single there, and popularity of 16 to release an album. I had popularity in ever country around 10 and didn't know that - I was SOOOO pissed off when I only got a local album release.

---

6-24-02 10:48pm (new)

JrnymnNate

Member Rated:

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou. I will avoid that mistake when I finish my next album, a space-rock opera.

6-24-02 10:56pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

A meteoratorio?

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

6-25-02 5:53am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

A meteoratorio?

No, it's a quasaria.

---

6-25-02 6:23am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

I hate you both.

---
What others say about boorite!

6-25-02 7:42am (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

Controversy Follows Rock Star Lewis

After his recent much publicised battles with Haribo over the addictive nature of their "Starmix" product , Rocker Spewie Lewis has gone down the road of controversy selling music. His latest single , "When a Man Loves a woman He Nales Teh Bitch" has provoked outrage amongst womens libs groups , feminist groups , Lesbian groups , and Martina Navratilova.

When asked at a press conference what he thought of the opinions of all these groups , Lewis replied "Theyre just pissed off because i havent nailed any of them yet. Frigid women shouldnt be seen or heard. How did they get out of the kitchen anyway".

Sales are expected to rocket.

---

7-08-02 11:02am (new)

Mr_Hi
Junior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

Haha I got banned on that game :D It was really good though, and I had loads of points :/

7-09-02 5:51pm (new)

JrnymnNate

Member Rated:

Because you were a referal cheater. That's the only reason I can think that you'd be banned. No?

7-09-02 8:04pm (new)

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Hey Now , Youre A Rock Star

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help