Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Hey Now , Youre A Rock Star

Author

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

Actually , youre not. And probably never will be (unless youre Bunner , but lets not go into that).

This is about as close as youll get. Its certainly as close as ill get to having groupies , drugs , drink , and wrecking hotel rooms.

Well , ok , wrecking hotel rooms ive been guilty of before , but i digress.

http://www.rockstargame.com/?Referer=39281

Anyone who can find my "New Wave" band "Spewie Lewis and the Diced Carrot Chunks" , can have a laugh at the list of poorly titled singles weve released. Never have so many jokes been made about bodily functions on one website.

---
"Life Sucks, Then you Die. The bit inbetween isnt very funny either"

4-30-02 4:28pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

JrnymnNate
I fling the shoddy polo stick

Member Rated:

I hate Smash Mouth.

4-30-02 5:03pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

...and now watch as I hijack this thread with an awkward segue!

Hey now, Brad's a rock star!

According to TrafficRanking.com, stripcreator.com is ranked number 138,788 (ranked by number of visits) in web traffic!

Actually, this traffic ranking thing doesn't handle ties, so all sites with the same number of visits are ranked in alphabetical order (i.e. stripcreator.com is ranked higher than swank.com, which also had 4,753 visits). So, stripcreator.com should actually be higher in ranking. To look at its business another way, stripcreator.com gets about half as many visits as site #101, clicks4u.com.

I figured there might be a geek or two who finds this mildly interesting...

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

4-30-02 6:32pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

I'm shocked to see that goatse.cx is only the 23,561st most visited.

4-30-02 6:41pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Hey, my site is ranked 42,020! Just slightly better than gofuckyourself.com and eurobate.com (which sounds like some form of European self-pleasuring).

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

4-30-02 6:43pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

I also noticed that a healthy percentage of the top sites are ads. I'm sure that skews the whole thing quite a bit, too.

---

4-30-02 6:48pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

No offense, fuzz, but I find it a bit strange that your site gets more traffic than stripcreator, especially since you haven't updated it (as far as I can tell) for several months. Is there some bigger website that has a link to your site or what?

---

4-30-02 6:57pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Actually, it just shows how messed up those rankings are. Whatever they are basing it on, it isn't very current.

There was a time (when I actually updated the site!) when it was moderately popular, and I could count on a mention in a magazine (Computer Gaming World, Connecticut Magazine) or portal article (Slashdot, Lockergnome, Yahoo, USA Today, etc.) every couple of months to generate interest.

I got to about 600,000 hits around 9/11 and then just stopped updating. Partly because nothing in particular seemed funny right about then...

I keep meaning to get back to it, perhaps with more of an edge (Wrigley's Placentamint Gum, anyone?)... but I'm having fun with the comic-strip format right now, as opposed to product parodies.

I'm oddly tempted to do screen captures of my better SC strips and add a page (or 2 or 3) of them to Dumbentia so people don't think I'm dead.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

4-30-02 7:23pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Fuck! my site is not in there. I expected it to be at least number 12.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

4-30-02 8:24pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Say hello to Chester "Fatback" Grimley, purveyor of such megahits as "Absolute Botch Job," "Criminy Jismas," and "The Back of my Clown."

---
What others say about boorite!

5-01-02 10:08am (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Wh-what?

5-01-02 4:37pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

Ive been looking it over. Yourself and Skagg are so far the only ones ive referred that i could actually work out who you were.

Skagg because he called his Band "Skagg" , and yourself because you admitted you were Chester Fatback Grimley (which is a truly classic Rock n Roll name)

Oh , and watch out for my new release , rated at 69 points , called "Extreme Vomitation".

Due out on Saturday.
I reckon im only one hit song away from an Album. WOOHOO!

---

5-01-02 5:47pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

Oh , and for those now playing , theres a "friends" group set up to allow you to keep an eye on other Stripcreator regs who are playing.

Just click this link to be added to it within the game.

http://www.rockstargame.com/group_join.asp?GroupID=6737&PW=Tobor

and my latest single just sold its 146,000th copy. The imaginatively titled

"Ahmeds Curry makes my Bum Furry"

---

5-01-02 5:52pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Wolfgang McBazzart is off the starting blocks...

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

5-02-02 8:45am (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

the Strip n Roll stars continue to make an impact on the RockStar scene. The arrival of controversial Australian Alternative Rocker WOLFGANG MCBAZZERT has strengthened their grip on the airplay and sales charts of the world , and the arrival of experimental US Blues band HOLD MY KITTY , helmed by the pun-tastic Kenny Kaufman looks to continue their run of chart success.

Can anyone stop the SC regulars from taking over the airwaves?

---

5-02-02 10:54am (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Continue? No one's heard me sing yet. Though when I log back on tonight, I may hit a few clubs.

We have been writing a few ditties, however. Be very afraid!

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

5-02-02 11:04am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

I two-thirds filled three separate thousand-seat venues at four pounds a ticket.

Pretty good, I thought...

---

5-02-02 11:16am (new)

Zero_Entropy
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

I have added myself to the gay little strip creator cult on the rock star thing.

I am owning all (with the exception of "Big Gay Steve") atm.

PH33R MEH MADD SKULLZ!!!!!!!!!1111111

---
Charlie dont surf

5-02-02 2:20pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

NME wrote

"While the versatility of Perms Stripcreator stable cannot be argued , questions have to be asked about the compatibility of some of the artists. For instance , can the Thrashcore deathmetal chicken-head eating "The Evil One" possibly co-exist with the more sedate , though equally insane Heavy metal rockers "Charlie Dont Surf".

Do these additions to the stable cause unneccessary tension , and will Perm be forced to utilies his admin access for this group to keep the peace?"

---

5-02-02 2:32pm (new)

Zero_Entropy
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

How do you find out "quotes" like that Steve?

---
Charlie dont surf

5-02-02 2:46pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

I have insider knowledge. Not to mention that , since all the rich cunts live over here , youll find someone who knows someone in any one of the 200 local pubs.

Oh

and this is waiting to be "Unleashed" on an unsuspecting public this week.

Splat-chunk City Blues 85
Extreme Vomitation 69
Farting like a trooper 53
Pavement Pizza 50
Puddle of Spew 49
Chips and Gravy , My Bums Wavy 46

---

5-02-02 2:53pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

We're not unsuspecting anymore.

5-02-02 2:56pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

This is true. But youve yet to see the crown jewel in my songwriting collection , which im not putting up until Saturday morning , when i release the album.

---

5-02-02 3:01pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

[b]LONG AWAITED MCBAZZART DEBUT SINGLE GOES ON SALE
(Reuters) Melbourne, Australia[/b]

The Australian music industry was rocked this week when independent music star Wolfgang McBazzart's debut single The Magic Skinflute reached the shelves, and immediately started marching out the doors. A cult success throughout Australia, and a diligent performer in all states, McBazzart had told the media many times that his recording debut would wait until he was "good and ready". Four weeks ago, after a wild show in Perth, he told a freelance journalist that he was "waiting for a really good song to pop into [his] head".

And pop it did. The Magic Skinflute is an eclectic fusion of operatic aria, four-piece chamber strings, and grungy alternative rock. Industry observers have called it "very f--king bizarre", "obscenely catchy", and "orgasmic". Reactions to the single's B-sides have been more mixed. Some have claimed that Air Through Your G-String, with its airy synthesised strings and tuba solo, should have been the single's featured track, while others have called it "crass but cute". Little other than condemnation has been levelled at I Can't Handel the Water Music, however, the oldest track in the single. McBazzart is unfazed by the criticism: "Yeah, they're right. Water Music is a piece of s--t. I really wanted to get the other two out, and the industry required a third track, so there it is."

Breathless fans are now asking, inevitably, about an album. "F--k off," says McBazzart. "I'm going to gig for a while."

---

5-07-02 12:10am (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Who called their band "Bazilla fucking sucks, and his parents are gay dogs" and named themself "Bazilla is welsh" cos I can't work it out. And yes, I make pop music (There wasn't an easy listening)! You got a problem? Cos I won't once I sell my first single.

---
I am not 16 going on not 17, I know that I'm naive.

5-07-02 1:41pm (new)

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Hey Now , Youre A Rock Star

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help