Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Showcase » Tobor - The Movie

Author

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

Ok, so I've talked about it for a while and now it's finally here. This took me 3 MONTHS to create, and although I've been less than polite about other people's comics in the past, remember that they only take a couple of minutes to create.

It's not the most original or spectacular piece of animation in the world, in fact it's quite below par and NOTHING when compared to the likes of Futurama or The Simpsons, but they aren't made with blood, sweat and tears.

There's no background track, I ran out of time and if I can be arsed, I'll slap one on, there IS sound, but with the long periods of silence it seems a bit out of place.

So please, don't insult me for this, if you think it's crap, just keep it yourself, I don't come round your house and complain about the wallpaper.

anyway

Click here to be Cornholed!

---
Dad was flammable

8-22-02 5:28pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

I'll download it tomorrow at school.

8-22-02 6:11pm (new)

Smarmulus
THE ARISTOCRAT

Member Rated:

Kajun, I am very much looking forward to seeing your animation. I saw the still you posted in the "talent required" section and it looked quite good. However, when I click on the link above nothing happens. Any tips?

And, yes I'm on a PC.

---
"Eat a fucking cock." - attitudechicka

8-22-02 7:39pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

This is the worst animation I've ever seen. If I were you, I'd stick to making comics. Oh, wait, you're no good at that either.

8-22-02 7:58pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Just yankin' yer chain. I've started downloading it now, but I'll probably have to get the rest tomorrow. I agree with Smarmulus that the still looked promising.

8-22-02 7:59pm (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

I wish my connection wasn't shite.

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

8-22-02 8:03pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

Nicely done, Tommy! I wish it were longer (the film, not Tobor's telescoping phallus).

I liked how you used Clango to represent the nostalgic naivety of the suburban mainstream, while Tobor personifies the creeping darkness within society that threatens to expose our insecurities and fear of the future. And the telescoping phallus was cool, too.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

8-22-02 10:35pm (new)

Smarmulus
THE ARISTOCRAT

Member Rated:

TOBOR WILL CORNHOLE YOU!

After three hours of download time I finally got to see you movie. I enjoyed it very much.

You've got more guts than I do. I would have never have the nerve to show that to a professor and class of fellow students when I was in college. You are a brave man.

Good choice of Drexle for the voice.

My only critique - I wish Tobor had said,"RAAARR!!! TOBOR WILL CORNHOLE YOU!!!!!!" A very minor point, however.

---

8-23-02 12:12am (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Noooooooooooooo! Damn Quicktime! For some reason it never gets downloaded when I download it! I'll just take your word for it that it is great, unless there's a way to get it on flash?

---
I am not 16 going on not 17, I know that I'm naive.

8-23-02 12:40am (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

The reason I had to cut the "RAAAAR" from Drexle's wav file is that the scene with Tobor talking/laughing was too short, and because the camera pans, if I were to try and slice in a few extra frames, it'd look like it's skipping.

The whole thing does run too quickly and it's kind of over before you really know what the fuck you've just seen, but then we were only told to make a 30 second animation, I just dragged mine out with credits and transitions.

It HAS to be quicktime, I can't think of any way in which I can display it in Flash..... yet. However the last part of my course is to create a Digital CV using Flash to display my work, so I imagine there may be some neat little trick, but I haven't learned it yet.

Please, the name's Kajun, Tommy's what all those normal people call me.

I tried to pass it off as a "love story" but they wouldn't listen. I'm glad you saw the message I was trying to convey. Did you also spot the "random cube" at the start? When I rendered the scene I forgot to delete one of the primitives and it just sat there slightly out of shot, I now claim that she represents the "futility of man".

---
Dad was flammable

8-23-02 3:59am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

I liked it! Although I don't get where the dream sequence with the kittens comes in.

8-23-02 4:03am (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

I was trying to make the audience think that Tobor might really be a human who has just become so twisted and evil from living in a society of robots that he has resorted to violent rape as his only form of pleasure.

Wait...

What the fuck are you talking about?

---
Dad was flammable

8-23-02 4:08am (new)

Smarmulus
THE ARISTOCRAT

Member Rated:

Woke up. Got out of bed. Watched the Quicktime movie "Tobor" yet again. Laughed with glee.

Thanks for sharing Caje.

I should have mentioned previously how much I liked your artwork. The street and 'bots are very well drawn.

To Baz I think (see above)- It will load for Quicktime. You have to right click and save the file. If you are on a modem it may take three hours, but it's worth it. Just leave your computer computer on and go about life for a while and then return.

---

8-23-02 5:44am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Coming soon... Kajun Firefly Studios, in association with Pixar Films, and Ralph Bakshi...

Tobor: The Feature Film!

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

8-23-02 8:41am (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

Please, the name's Kajun, Tommy's what all those normal people call me.

I had a real duh moment when viewing the credits. I thought, "Who's this 'Tommy' person? Must be a friend of Kajun--oh, duh."

I tried to pass it off as a "love story" but they wouldn't listen. I'm glad you saw the message I was trying to convey. Did you also spot the "random cube" at the start? When I rendered the scene I forgot to delete one of the primitives and it just sat there slightly out of shot, I now claim that she represents the "futility of man".

I saw "random cube" in the credits but didn't notice it in the movie. I'll have to go back and look for it.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

8-23-02 8:52am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Rock on, Tommy!

8-23-02 9:00am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

5{ready know what could have been improved, you said it yourself. So with that in mind, I have to say that this was a fun little movie. Now it needs to go down as a cult icon of robotic sodomy so that I can have my place in internet posterity.

8-23-02 9:06am (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

Here is the random cube:

Thank you for your comments Drexle, you rule!

---
Dad was flammable

8-23-02 1:44pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Where the hell did my last post go?!

Anyhow, what I basically said was that you yourself already pointed out what could have been done better, so there's no need for me to. I thought it was a lot of fun! Now you need to actively work to make this little movie the founder, and most well known of the soon-to-be-born Robotic Sodomy film genre. My place in the annals of internet history depend on it.

8-23-02 1:47pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

I of course re-posted because I don't know if you were just looking at my vanished post and being sarcastic, or if it dissapeared after you posted just then.

8-23-02 1:49pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

Yeah, I was being sarcastic, but you still rule!

---
Dad was flammable

8-23-02 2:21pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Wow! That was really excellent, Kajun. Fantastic, funny stuff.

---
www.bradsucks.net

8-23-02 3:44pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

Whahey!

---
Dad was flammable

8-23-02 4:13pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Bah. I can't get it to work. Quicktime tells me I don't have the right compressor: a problem I encountered a while ago while trying to watch the Two Towers trailer. Any ideas?

8-23-02 4:31pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

Do you have the latest edition of Quicktime? The older versions couldn't run .mov files on a PC.

Windows Media Player might run it, depending on which version you're using.

---
Dad was flammable

8-23-02 4:39pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Showcase » Tobor - The Movie

reload page with comics

Jump to:

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums