Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » More Comic Competitions » Tag Team Cup 4: This Time It's Personal!

Author

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Are you ready for the Biggest and Bestest Comic Cup Ever? I sure am, and I'm willing to make it happen. Round One will begin soon ... but first the rules:

[list=1] [*] Participants: You are automatically entered in this event if you have done one of the following: (a) Participated in a prior Comic Cup, (b) Won a Comic Contest, or (c) Made over 500 posts to the Forums.
[*] Teams: This will be a team event, with teammates changing each round. During Round 1, partners will be assigned based on a hash function of their phone numbers. Subsequently, the amount of characters used in their previous round's entries will be the determining factor. Be careful who you vote off -- they may be teammates next round!
[*] Byes: If an odd number of players remain, Brad gets a free pass to the next round.[/b]
[*] Double Elimination: Don't you hate it when the judges are just too stupid to realize the brilliance of your comic? Or you just had the bad luck of getting matched against boorite? Well, not to fear, because this will have to happen to you twice before you're sent packing from this tournament.
[*] Rules for Comics: The comics in this event will form a continuous serial strip. In Round 1, you will be faced with 3 rules selected at random from Tag Team Cup 1, 2 from Tag Team Cup 2, and 1 from Tag Team Cup 3. Each subsequent round, one rule will be added from each Tag Team Cup, including this one (its prior rounds), so by Round 3, you will be facing 5 rules from TTC1, 4 from TTC2, 3 from TTC3, 2 from TTC4, and 1 from TTC5.
[*] Trivia Challenge: When announcing the rules for a match, I will also post a trivia question. The first player to get the correct answer is permitted to disregard one rule.
[*] Entry format: Entries will be 4 comics long. One member of the team will make Comics 1 and 4, and the other comics 2 and 3.
[*] Challenges: Each player may once in this entire event add a rule for one of his/her opponents.
[*] Betting: Each participant is required to ante $0.50 (Can.) via Paypal to Brad before submitting his/her entries. Other players may bet on the outcome of the round through Paypal. 30% of the proceeds will go to Brad for site support, and the other 70% will be divided among those picking the winning side.
[*] Judging: All participants are required to vote on the winner of a match within 72 hours of the final comic submission. Each judge will have a number of votes equal to the product of the number of characters in his/her username and the value of his/her country's basic unit of currency in terms of US dollars at the time of the vote.
[*] Bonus votes: There have been assigned a secret word, a secret character, and a secret background. Anyone who uses the secret word or secret character in their comics will receive 5 extra votes. Anyone who uses the secret background will be immediately disqualified from this event.
[*] Birthday Party: All votes received by a participant on his/her birthday are doubled.
[*] Dropped Third Strike Rule: If a judge fails to vote within the required period for a winner of a match three times, the loser of that match wiill not be charged with a loss. Rather, that judge will.
[*] No shit, Sherlock: If you have a calendar in your room, stare at it for a few moments. If you're in Australia, stare at it yesterday.[/list=1]
The first round will be announced shortly.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

4-01-03 7:45am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

AWESOME!

---
Dad was flammable

4-01-03 10:34am (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

*Almost* had me for a minute!

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

4-01-03 11:00am (new)

jools
Senior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

You forgot to add the rule that said the word "ass" had to be used 3.4 times per line!

---
Jesus saves, but everyone else in a 10 foot radius takes full damage from the fireball.

4-01-03 1:04pm (new)

punkrockskaboy
Defender of the Liquor Cabinet

Member Rated:

iiiinnnnnnteresting

---
Welcome to Bohemia. Population: a lot Cash flow: a little

4-01-03 2:11pm (new)

punkrockskaboy
Defender of the Liquor Cabinet

Member Rated:

by the way, do you realize how monstrous this TTC would be if it were real?? Fucking insane man.

---
Welcome to Bohemia. Population: a lot Cash flow: a little

4-01-03 2:16pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Aw, I thought it was real. fuck.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

4-01-03 8:21pm (new)

JrnymnNate
I fling the shoddy polo stick

Member Rated:

I'm ready. Beam my up, Scotty.

4-02-03 6:08am (new)

ahrange
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

Shit, and just when I beamed up his down. You demanding bastard.

---
Even Bob Hope is more punk than me.

4-02-03 3:48pm (new)

Stripcreator » More Comic Competitions » Tag Team Cup 4: This Time It's Personal!

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests