Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Showcase » Unemployment Theatre

Author

habnem
optical delusion

Member Rated:

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

All right, you. Hands up all who have been fired for insubordination in the last three days.

*raises hand*

---
- christ@myself.com - fuck a cat, kill yourself - my alter ego has five stars

1-02-04 7:08am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

niteowl
Level 1 Forum Troll

Member Rated:

Insubordination? Nice! I almost got fired for that a couple years ago, but I quit before the beady-eyed asshole manager got the chance to give me the ax.

What happened?

---
Think classy, you'll be classy.

1-02-04 7:42am (new)

MikeyG
Shoots the shit and often misses

Member Rated:

So many funny people are fired or tagged for insubordination. They can't keep us down, brothers! We're too creative to be boxed in by other people's stupid rules. Viva la Revolucion!

---
The giant three-phallused phallus of Uzbekistan will one day squirt the cosmic jizz of revenge all over Canada.

1-02-04 8:21am (new)

Rabid_Weasle
Professional style cramper

Member Rated:

Mental note: if habnem offers you Doritos, don't eat them.

---
Poop.

1-02-04 12:05pm (new)

laughinginyourface
Chuck Norris's bitch

Member Rated:

---
...and pain joined his urge to percieve...

1-02-04 12:07pm (new)

boinky33
I'm with stupid ^

Member Rated:

1-02-04 12:13pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

quote:
All right, you. Hands up all who have been fired for insubordination in the last three days.

*raises hand*

I had this happen when I was 18 or so. I was pissed that the store I was working at not only lost their inside smoker's lounge, but that the one outside was uncovered and directly in the 120 degree Arizona sunlight. So in rebellion I started smoked right in front of the store where all the customers could see me, wearing my vest and nametag and all, until they basically said "quit or get fired."

As an ironic afternote, I went back to work seasonal at the exact same store last christmas to both try to see if my anxiety had gotten better and to make some money for christmas shopping. I nearly got into two fights with two different 20-year-old fucktards and I didn't last through december.

That store hates me.

---
I ate a hooker half a bottle of knife.

1-02-04 2:19pm (new)

habnem
optical delusion

Member Rated:

They (I won't tell you whom, but their name rhymes with "Vest Buy") had wanted to get rid of me for a while, and part of me wishes the excuse I wound up giving them had been a good deal dramatic.

The short version is, my new asshole GM came around and browbeat me for not finishing a task that requires about three people (I was alone). Rather than get in an argument, I practiced what he correctly identified as passive resistance, embarking on a task that, while technically a part of my duties, he didn't really want me to do. I was scheduled out at 8:00, he berated me at 8:15, and the task I undertook would have lasted until midnight. He didn't appreciated my diligence.

The funny part is that in the letter he wrote to attach to the HR paperwork, he likens me to Gandhi and uses that as his rationale for firing me. Needless to say, I've been accused of worse (:

Anyhoo, I would have quit the job a long time ago, except that would have disqualified me from unemployment insurance; therefore, in a pretty roundabout way, I win. I can get paid (if not much) for recording my album, which I didn't have time to do whilst employed. Viva indeed.

---

1-02-04 3:12pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

MENBAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude , shit bosses exist. Play their game until theyre forced to fire you, and then move onto the next one.

I have one. You can have mine. Pain in the fucking arse that she is.

---
"Life Sucks, Then you Die. The bit inbetween isnt very funny either"

1-02-04 3:31pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

You should use that if future employers ever ask you why you were fired from there. "Management thought I was too like Gandhi."

---
I ate a hooker half a bottle of knife.

1-02-04 4:24pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Indiana sucks. I got my life threatened and then fired for calling another daycare "associate" an unfit mother. She was too.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

1-03-04 10:35am (new)

MikeyG
Shoots the shit and often misses

Member Rated:

I also worked for (rhymes with Chest Pie), habnem. The company is evil. I gave them a great reason to fire me. I walked the fuck out on them. I have never worked somewhere so predicated on shameless selling and pure lies. We were encouraged by managers to tell a customer we didn't have a product if they weren't interested in buying the service plan.

They also had a write-up quota. If there wasn't a certain amount of write-ups per month, or week during the Christmas season, corporate came down on them.

---
The giant three-phallused phallus of Uzbekistan will one day squirt the cosmic jizz of revenge all over Canada.

1-06-04 5:06pm (new)

habnem
optical delusion

Member Rated:

ehh, i don't really hate that company i've come to call "circuit city in blue"--it's just retail. managers is managers, wherever you go, but the ones who encouraged you to manufacture product shortages were the exception (in my experience, anyway).

in the meantime, i've been offered a job i applied for two-and-a-half months ago. i'll be a secretary for the indiana state police, pending a background check. speaking of which, if they call any of you, don't tell them about my first few comics. i was young and stupid (:

---

1-10-04 6:45pm (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

I know NOTHEENK.

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

1-10-04 9:33pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

quote:

in the meantime, i've been offered a job i applied for two-and-a-half months ago. i'll be a secretary for the indiana state police, pending a background check. speaking of which, if they call any of you, don't tell them about my first few comics. i was young and stupid (:

You've somehow made Indiana seem fun again. I'm still not coming back. No Jack In The Box. However, could you look up some information on some old "friends" of mine? hehehehe

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

1-11-04 11:03am (new)

habnem
optical delusion

Member Rated:

heh heh. after living in vegas for a year and a half, i definitely understand how the lack of jack-in-the-boxes hurts indiana. or is that jacks-in-the-box?

---

1-11-04 7:28pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Showcase » Unemployment Theatre

reload page with comics

Jump to:

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums