Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » GROUP THREE: Xuanwu Attitude Governor Kitty

Author

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Use this area to post about your discs and whathaveya.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

2-04-04 2:54pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

Chicka AND myself in the same group for the swap?!... I... I don't know what to say to that.

Regardless, group 3 poll: pre-posted track lists or surprise surprise?

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

2-04-04 9:09pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

I'll probably package the track list with the CD, but will probably post it on the forum aswell after you all recieve them, although Im getting a little ahead of myself here since I have yet to come up with a shortlist of songs yet.

Anyway I prefer to wait for the track list unitl I have the CD in front of me. Being surprised is one of the best things about the cd swap.

2-05-04 7:25am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

I'm giving you all a great big surprise, no matter how much you whine and cry. Mostly because I want to pick the perfect songs to put on here, to get a glimpse into my head. However, I will tell you I'm limiting myself to 12-14 tracks, with half male, half female artists. I was going to do a two disc set, but if you're a guy who thinks you'll look like a dweeb listening to Britney Spears, HAHA that's how the cookie crumbles.

P.S. I'm secretly happy The_Governor is in my group. I was going to request it, because he sounds compatable to me.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

2-05-04 7:32am (new)

Xuanwu
The Professor

Member Rated:

I'll be including a track listing with the CD. I just need to buy the mailers for it. I may post the list here. The CD playlist is already made, but on my other computer at the moment.

I hope you like techno/dance/anime stuff. :)

2-05-04 9:53am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

I was hoping for a big, sloppy thank you kiss ;)

Anyway, after running all the names through my I Ching Calculator, I either had to put chicka in your group or "a suffusion of yellow."

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

2-05-04 12:34pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

Good news. My cd's should be posted by sometime next week. Includes funny coverart, and an explanation as to why I put certain songs on my CD's.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

2-06-04 11:16am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Damn, I thought I had some time to be lazy about this. I just wanted to hang out and do nothing for a week before I jumped on it.
I'm still going to.... I just feel bad about it now.

---

2-06-04 9:11pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Dont feel bad, we can hold up the lazy flag together.

2-07-04 5:00am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

I've got half a play list done, yay! I hope you like Britney Spears.... muah hahahahahahahahaha

Just kidding. However, I feel like this is an extention of myself, so when you get these CD's..... well, you may not think so much of me anymore. Or you might think more of me. Depends.

---

2-16-04 8:21am (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

CD's = burned
Coverart = Quirky and Printed
Tracknotes = Printed

I'm hoping that I can get them sent out whilst I'm at home within the fortnight. If not, when I get back to here (here being my semi-home).

---

2-16-04 4:07pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Xuanwu can I confirm the WPI BOX Please. Think UMFUM sent a second Email along saying it was 862, not 865 is that correct?

3-08-04 9:02am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

I've been lazy long enough. I'll be putting my collection into CD form later today, sending them out when funds are available. Possibly around first week of April. Sorry for the delay, house comes first.

---

3-11-04 6:49am (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

Its okay, Chicka. I'm still waiting on a CD from Trip that he promised me months ago.

Anywho, where I was going to be the first to post, I probably won't be. My aunt is taking away all of my money, so I get left with enough to cover the bus fare home from work.

SOOOO... Not this paycheque but the one after will be ALL MINE, so I'll send them out then. Cross my heart and hope to be eaten by Genetically Modified organic food like on the Simpsons.

---

3-11-04 7:38am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

As I am in the business of making promises I don't intend to keep, this is one I can. I have NOTHING to do Sunday, other than sit around on my duff. So I'll be recording the CD's Sunday, but they won't be sent out until the first week of April, as I said before, for the fact that I'm having some financial instablility right now.

---

3-20-04 9:19am (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Im torn at the moment between putting on a load of tracks from bands you've probably never heard of but which are pretty good, but may not be to everyones taste, or picking a load of classic tracks from well known artists which you may or may not have in your own collections anyway but which would make a good compilation CD, In the end I'll probably walk the delicate tightrope between the two, and hopefully something spiffy will emerge. If anyones got any preference either way let me know. Also my printer is throwing a wobbly at the moment (went rather funny last CD swap, and Ive not had a chance to fix it) anyway, its probable that cover art will be hand-drawn/compiled from pics offline, and then photocopied. Id say three days for me to make my mind up on the tracks, and another day for the coverart, so lets say they should be in the post before the weekend, and hopefully you should get them in a fortnight or so.

3-28-04 3:33pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

Tomorrow is looking pretty promising for sending out the CD's. After I get off work, I'll hop on the train and go to the post office and get these buggers sent off... except Matchy, my second side swap buddy. I still need to get some CD's to make yours... But everyone else, Unless things change, I'll be sending them tomorrow, so I'd say expect them within a fortnight.

---

4-01-04 9:25pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Sending my CD's out Saturday. Beware.

Also, most of the songs are newer tracks, stuff you'd hear on the radio, possibly even on the pop stations. However, this is my first CD swap, and these songs are all a reflection of myself. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. That's all I have to say.

---

4-02-04 7:47am (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

CD's = sent.
Liner notes = sitting on my dresser under a pile of shite.
Complimentary CD Swap Track Info = Click here

---

4-03-04 1:56pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

CDs Posted

4-07-04 5:09am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Guess what I got right after I finished talking to kitty on yahoo messenger? That's right. Her CD's. God Bless You, darling. You made a visit to my Gran more bearable.

I was constantly adjusting the volume up and down to talk to Nate, so I'll just tell you the songs that stuck out on each CD (I listened to each at least twice).
Candadia!
1. Nate had never heard this song. I laughed at him. Even I had heard this song, and for some reason, I associate the hearing of this song with John Candy. Points for whoever can figure it out.
2. Nate tells me this is a "good" band. He also tells me the lead vocalist is a man, not a woman. I'm surprised. I didn't care for it, though it did provoke a discussion on Prince.
3. Sometimes this song gets to me, sometimes it doesn't. In my stress yesterday, I shed a single tear for it.
4. Nate and I are both asking the same question. Who is Pat Murphy?
5. Ugh. Next.
6. Surprisingly, I had to look to know that this was Nickelback. Good job finding the obscure.
7. The intro to this song made me unhappy and I skipped it, repeatedly. Maybe I'll listen to it one day.
8. Skipped. Sorry.
9. Caught the end of this one, very much like the first song on here, therefore I thought the CD had looped back around. On this particular compilation, I'd have left it out.
10. This song meant little to me. Which means, I don't remember it.
11. I adored this song. It was way awesome. I like the lyrics.
12. Don't recall...
13. Wasn't bad, not right for the compilation.
14. Yuck. I could kill you. If you end up with nothing but Britney Spears songs on your CD's (claiming to be other artists), it was pre-revenge. Kidding. But, uh no.
15. Played out. The end.
16. Best OLP song ever. Thank you.
17. Didn't she sing "It Can't Rain All The Time" on the Crow soundtrack? My brother used to play that song to death. This particular track didn't touch me so much.
18. I almost gained respect back for the BNL. That chimpanze song still kills their parade though.
19. Didn't leave an impression.

To conclude, why did you leave out obvious artists and bands? I would have liked to have had some Alanis on this CD, as I'm beginning to appriciate her music more again.

Picnic!
1. This song has begun to grow on me, but only the "Shake it.. Shake-shake it" part. The rest is UGH (In comparision to Outkast's earlier music). I'd really like to hear some actual lyrics sometime in my life, thanks.
2. UGH. YOU'RE WHITE.
3. Nelly's from my hometown... but I still don't like his music much. Yeah, some of the catchy stuff I'll bust a move to at a party, but no. This song I could go either way, with the addition of JT. I like some other JT songs much better though. Hip hop/rap whatever you call it and I don't mix well.
4. Blah. Overplayed, overrated. I forget who originally sang this song, but check out that version and try to tell me this is the better version, as every radio DJ has tried.
5. I like this track, but I would have prefered a different song. But that's cuz I'm picky.
6. Debate: Is this truly Bowling for Soup or Sum 41. I've heard it announced as both. There's one line in it that makes me lean toward BfS, but I'm in utter confusion. Also, this is the only song ever made with my name in it.
7. Rancid and I don't mix as well as we used to.
8. Your bitter feelings ruined it for me. Not really, I just don't remember too well.
9. Oh God. Love this song. Hate the band, love this song. The lyrics are very real.
10. Okay, yeah, Greenday is fun, but this song had to have been played like 8 times an hour when it first came out. Or maybe I'm burnt out from following them on tour.
11. Sorry, didn't leave an impression.
12. I like that you included this song, but I didn't listen to it in context of the compilation, so I'm not sure if it fits or not.
13. "Rock Remix".... just leave well enough alone, and leave this song out of my life. Sorry, ex boyfriend misery.
14. My exact words to Nate "Typical Paige Behavior".
15. I'm glad I now have a good copy of this song. Beautiful.
16-17. Ugh.... you seem to have fallen into an emotional rut at the end of this CD. Fine for a CD of mine, because I'm constantly that way, but you started this out fun, and you're finishing up with some super depressing songs. As much as I love "Bad Day" and it describes my life, it just doesn't match your style.

In conclusion, Picnic was off your game. I liked the songs, but I don't think they give a good impression of you, even with the liner notes.

In conclusion of the entire mass of music that flooded my ears yesterday, I'll give it another listen this weekend (while I'm camping) and I'll hit you back, but overall, I was truly expecting a bit more from you. Also, they must smash the crap out of packages, because the casings were both smashed when they arrived.

---

4-09-04 9:19am (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

I- I don't know what to say. Every song that I put on there had something to do with me... I listen to every type of music and it makes up my life. That's about all I can say about that right now.

Also, stupid cunters and their smashing of the envelopes. Jeez. You'd think that bubble envelopes would mean insta-protection. :)

---

4-09-04 2:14pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

quote:

6. Debate: Is this truly Bowling for Soup or Sum 41. I've heard it announced as both. There's one line in it that makes me lean toward BfS, but I'm in utter confusion. Also, this is the only song ever made with my name in it.

This is definitely Bowling for Soup. Sum 41, as emo-punk as they were pre-Does This Look Infected?, would never do a song like this. Aside from the fact that its bordering ska, its just not their typical style.

---

4-09-04 2:17pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

quote:
I- I don't know what to say. Every song that I put on there had something to do with me... I listen to every type of music and it makes up my life. That's about all I can say about that right now.

Also, stupid cunters and their smashing of the envelopes. Jeez. You'd think that bubble envelopes would mean insta-protection. :)

I wasn't trying to insult you. I was just... I guess I was hoping for something that wasn't there. There were a few songs on there that were genuine kitty that I simply adored, though. I'd never heard of some of them and they made me very happy.

My second listen through both CDs gave me a good feeling, but I wouldn't associate those CDs with you. I'll give you a list later of songs that make me feel you. Or just send you a personalized CD.

---

4-12-04 8:57am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Yo Governor, recieved your CD today. Don't have the time in the next couple days to give it the attention it deserves, so hopefully this weekend I'll have some comments for you. I'm really excited though!

Oh and my CD's came back. I'll be resending them this weekend as well. Sorry bout that.

---

4-14-04 4:47pm (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » GROUP THREE: Xuanwu Attitude Governor Kitty

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests