Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » MINSA # 1 : Make It Not Suck Anymore

Author

TooMuchCoffeeGuy
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

Alright everyone, I am starting a new line of comics competitions. (winner makes the new one, crappy fake prizes only, etc...)

Each time there will be one person or strip elected whose comics stink. The idea of the competition is to change a small part of a comic to make the comics not suck anymore. It can be changed however you like, BUT THE MAJORITY OF THE COMIC MUST REMAIN AS IT IS, AND THE GIST OF THE STRIP MUST NOT BE CHANGED TOO MUCH.

Basically it still has to be recognized from it's original crappy form.

So, this competition will be focused on WinkingJesus, who, as some of you may know I had a bit of a rant about.

The rant and his comics will be posted below.

---
www.redmeat.com

5-17-04 8:44pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

TooMuchCoffeeGuy
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Jeremy visits WinkingJesus.com']

[Click to view comic: 'David Ede visits WinkingJesus.com']

[Click to view comic: 'Rastus says WinkingJesus.com matters']

[Click to view comic: 'LeRoy was touched by Jesus']

[Click to view comic: 'A satanist visits WinkingJesus.com']

(There are 9 more of these that you can choose from)

And my opinion of why this guy's head needs to be circumcised:
Now let it be said that I very very very rarely insult anyone. I don't see any point in berrating a complete stranger over the internet. However there are exceptions to that rule: namely, when people ask me to. So here is my opinion of your work:

Firstly since the non-advent of your first comic way back on the 2nd of May 2002, a whopping 2 years ago, one might have expected your comic strip to feature at least one joke. Just one fucking JOKE! Hell, even Cathy managed that.

Now you might say that you made a joke about McDonalds not serving breakfast after 10:30. And by it's technical definition it may have fallen under that category:

Joke \Joke\, n. [L. jocus. Cf {Jeopardy}, {Jocular}, {Juggler}.] 1. Something said for the sake of exciting a laugh; something witty or sportive (commonly indicating more of hilarity or humor than jest); a jest; a witticism; as, to crack good-natured jokes.

It doesn't say whether or not it has to get a laugh. But let's face it. It wasn't funny. It wasn't close to funny. It wasn't even funny's distant illegitimate cousin. It was a pathetic squandered attempt at humour that was exucuted with such a lack of elan, that I feel is best characterised by the sound someone with serious head trauma emits when they get too excited.

Now I grant that I agree that McDonalds should serve breakfast after 10:30. Clearly so do you. So I can empathise with your need for hotcakes approaching mid-day. What I can't empathise with is your need for validation through the opinion of others.

But I can sympathise. It seems that you feel that the countless hours it took you to create those 14 wonderful strips, entitles you to a right to have people care about your work. So why has no one taken the time to rate you? Let me put forward an idea, a thought, a concept that perhaps has not occured to you of your own cerebral process:

Your comics, winkingjesus, are so bad, so worthless, that people will not rate them, read them, or care in the least whether you make them or not. "Oh please please, rate me, shower me with praise and attention". Seriously, what did you expect?

Now by all means, make whatever comics you want. I don't care one way or the other, and I encourage you to exercise your creative impulses. But please, for the love of god, stop whoring for attention. Now I'm not insulting you personally, I'm sure you're a very nice person. But you're a very nice person who urgently needs to practice entertaining with humour. And I'm cool with that. Honestly, I am. Right up until the point where you said "why doesn't anyone want to rate me?" and made a topic about it in a public forum.

So my rating? "Either come up with a joke, or shut the fuck up"/10.

---
www.redmeat.com

5-17-04 8:51pm (new)

Kaddar
Captain Insano

Member Rated:

a few recommendations:

1) Start your competition off in the comic showcase or read my damn comics forum to see if anyone really likes it, that's what I did with ftc.

2) Rant to a seperate forum, because seriously, this is the competition forum.

3) One comic at a time please.

4) MINSA is inflammatory if you're using active users who aren't yourself. Maybe the competition should be named "comic remix" and thus could use good comics too, just change some panels slightly

This isn't a bad idea, just a poor way of executing it.

5-17-04 9:33pm (new)

possums
FERN DESTROYER

Member Rated:

:O

that one went right over my head.

explain this in basic terms.

5-17-04 9:35pm (new)

Gabu
Senior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

Or you could keep the title as "Make It Not Suck Anymore" but restrict the contest to the coordinator's own comics. Perhaps the coordinator could pick out the comic that he or she thinks is the worst of all of the comics that that person has made and post it for others to change or something like that. A person could be the coordinator more than once; that person would just then have to pick out different comics each time.

Or something like that. Just an idea. I personally like this concept; I agree, however, that it could be inflammatory to pick out someone else's comics, declare that they suck, and then make a contest out of improving them.

quote:
that one went right over my head.

explain this in basic terms.

Essentially, the idea is to take a bad comic and adjust it such that the comic is still recognizeable as what it used to be but that it would then be not so bad.

---
Blue is the color of victory.

5-17-04 10:18pm (new)

AtheistDiary
Anal sex is a big pain in the ass.

Member Rated:

Someone make this *contest* not suck anymore and I'll consider entering.

---
"AthiestDiary, you rock." - MikeyG (I'm LOVED! HOORAH!)

5-17-04 10:34pm (new)

Rabid_Weasle
Professional style cramper

Member Rated:

Maybe the host could just hit random comic a bunch of times and pick 3 out of there.

---
Poop.

5-17-04 10:36pm (new)

NooniePuuBunny
Horny Female Tentacled Kaiju from Outer Space

Member Rated:

XD Yeah. That way it wouldn't target any particular person, just particular comics that jump out at you. Otherwise, this is entirely too antagonistic.

---
I will rate you hard, and unendingly.

5-17-04 10:58pm (new)

TooMuchCoffeeGuy
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

This competition is closed, no more posts please.

---
www.redmeat.com

5-17-04 11:26pm (new)

smamurai
Too orangey for crows

Member Rated:

Couldn't we just have a compo where there are no rules, everybody posts one comic and then we all vote for the least funniest and that person doesn't make it to the next round?

---
GOVT. Warning: Do not smoke around children they will badger you for fags.

5-18-04 2:51am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Or maybe we could stick with the contests we have already instead of adding yet more contests.

5-18-04 5:01am (new)

possums
FERN DESTROYER

Member Rated:

Not to rag on you, or anything, TMCG, but this was a very sloppy idea for a contest. And we have too many going already to boot (WW, CC, FTC, BTC). It could have worked, but people generally don't like it when you hate on others TOO much. Except for Streetproject. No one likes Streetproject.

So... someone gonna lock this?

5-18-04 6:18am (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

quote:
Except for Streetproject. No one likes Streetproject.

He's on my favorites list.

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

5-18-04 6:36am (new)

smamurai
Too orangey for crows

Member Rated:

Yeah we have not hit upon a good new type of contest for a while. I have yet to enter a BTC as I think they are stupido. FTC = cool BTC = wank.

---
GOVT. Warning: Do not smoke around children they will badger you for fags.

5-18-04 6:48am (new)

MikeyG
Shoots the shit and often misses

Member Rated:

PHOOEY! This was the greatest contest EVAR!

Ok, I lied. No it's not. TMCG, hatin' on SC isn't discouraged necessarily, or at least not enough (or I wouldn't be here), but there's no need to start a whole contest based on hatin' winkingjesus.

A thread, perhaps, but not a contest. Keep it in FGH or RMDC.

---
The giant three-phallused phallus of Uzbekistan will one day squirt the cosmic jizz of revenge all over Canada.

5-18-04 9:20am (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Someone did this already in a CC I think. Only using the random button to find comics that sucked, posting the original and then the rewritten comic.

5-18-04 9:46am (new)

xxausrottenxx
Sock of the walk

Member Rated:

fine, no more posts

---
xx( o Y o. )xx

5-18-04 9:52am (new)

AtheistDiary

Member Rated:

If you pay off Gwen Stefani to give up her chocolate factory to my throbbing python of love I'll endorse your contest and call you the biggest genius ever!

(til then only MikeyG and Boinky have dibs ... unless they bring a circus midget, then it's a free for all)

---

5-18-04 9:52am (new)

xxausrottenxx
Sock of the walk

Member Rated:

if there is one thing im not going to do anymore, its to never post in this thread ever again

---
xx( o Y o. )xx

5-18-04 9:53am (new)

xxausrottenxx
Sock of the walk

Member Rated:

you can rest assured that there will be no more posts from ol ausrotten.....nope...none at all

webpage design bores me to do things like this

---
xx( o Y o. )xx

5-18-04 9:54am (new)

boinky33
I'm with stupid ^

Member Rated:

5-18-04 10:09am (new)

possums
FERN DESTROYER

Member Rated:

quote:
quote:

Yeah, but so am I.

5-18-04 10:28am (new)

possums
FERN DESTROYER

Member Rated:

quote:
quote:

Yeah, but so am I.

5-18-04 10:28am (new)

boinky33
I'm with stupid ^

Member Rated:

Twice apparantly.

5-18-04 10:35am (new)

AtheistDiary

Member Rated:

quote:

Yeah, but so am I.

Yeah, but so am I.

Yeah, but so am I.

---

5-18-04 10:36am (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » MINSA # 1 : Make It Not Suck Anymore

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help