Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » Comments and Ratings

Author

HotRodDeathToll
Satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Member Rated:

I suggest that non-donors should be allowed to vote on comics, but their vote counts as a 'non-donor' score but the existing score on the comic should stay as the donor vote and all votes by donors are the 'donor score'.

Simerlar thing with comic comments, allow non-doners to make comic comments, but a star should be next to all comments by donors. Or possibly have an accept next to non-donor's comments in order to let the user allow certain comments.

Please add any additions to my suggestion.

---
The dictator of love and his weapon of mass destruction

2-26-07 10:38pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Why?

I know that sounds all rude and stuff, but you're a donor. You already have access to all this. Why is it that you want this? Just to have someone post more comments and ratings on your comics?

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

2-27-07 6:34am (new)

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

I have no objection to your first suggestion -- the non-donor comic score -- although I agree with chicka that I don't know why anyone would want that.

I do object to non-donor comic comments.  I don't think it would be good to let just any schmuck comment on comics.  Some 14-year-old would go through every one of someone's comics with inane strings of profanities.  It's inevitable.  Plus, being a donor has to keep some of its perks.

---
peddling the funny around since 09/24/2002

2-27-07 7:02am (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

not_Scyess

And this is different from normal how?

2-27-07 9:35am (new)

boloboffin
putting the whee in ennui

Member Rated:

ivytheplant

Well, that's a good point. But there would be more of it if you didn't have to throw Brad some dough to get the privilege of flinging teh poo.

I think also that non-donors rating comics would be okay if it were a separate score as suggested.

---
You can take the heart out of the hooker but you can't take the hooker out of the heart. -- Frankenhooker

2-27-07 10:15am (new)

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

ivytheplant

...in that there are fewer donors than non-donors so the chances of it happening are lessened.  If there are 10000 accounts and 100 are donors, you've cut the chances of stupid shit on your comic pages by 99%.

---

2-27-07 12:28pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

not_Scyess

2-27-07 12:45pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

But how will I get my daily recommended dose of "UR COMIKS FUKIN SUCK GO DIE IN A FIRE ASSWAD OWN3D BITH"?

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

2-27-07 4:03pm (new)

myles1890
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Well, being a non-donor, I totally agree (obviously), only to the point that I would really like to tell everyone how good their comics are.  I'm not the type of person who likes to rant at random people's comics because they suck.  I just tell them in the forum, like everyone else >.<

It'd be nice, and, as everyone else stated, the seperate score would make it just perfect.  That way, they won't get intertwined and make everybody all confused 'n stuff.  It'll really give the non-donors (the ones who are, at least, nice) a chance to comment on their favorite comic creators.

Again, I totally agree on this.

---
Penguins are taking over the universe. Just ask Stuper Dan! SD: ? Yes. That's right. He's knows SO much about it he's clueless!

3-08-07 6:40am (new)

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

...or you could just donate a couple of bucks, ya cheap bastard.

---

3-08-07 6:58am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Plus, donating is easier now that I can just use my debit card, rather than trying to remember what my damned password is for paypal.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

3-08-07 9:17am (new)

myles1890
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Well, I can't donate at the moment, because, currently, I'm paying for Runescape mebership and World of Warcraft (yes, I AM lazy, but that's beside the point).

My lesser and unpointed out point is that it'd be easier for those who WANTED to donate, so they can get a feel or taste of what it's like to donate.  Then maybe more would donate, who knows?  It's just me.

Besides, I just joined this site on Novemberish.  So cut me some slack, 'kay?  I'll bake my cookies later.

---
Penguins are taking over the universe. Just ask Stuper Dan! SD: ? Yes. That's right. He's knows SO much about it he's clueless!

3-08-07 12:17pm (new)

Injokester
Definitely drunk

Member Rated:

Heh, spend a month on gnomz and see if you still want to give non-donors more priviliges.

---
Dinosaurs had eggs bro, the chicken came way later.

3-09-07 4:43am (new)

myles1890
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Well, sorry if they caused yall problems, but I assure you, I'm probably the only one that won't.  Hell, if I get my job back, I'll start donating.  But that's not for another five weeks.

In the meantime, I guess I'll have to live with not having priveleges.  But you know I'll just suggest this again when I START donating :P

And it's weird that a donater actually suggested this O-o

---

3-09-07 6:14am (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

I think donors should get to decide who lives and who dies.

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

3-09-07 9:03am (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

gabe_billings

Hey Brad, can you code a dome into the site for us to sit in? Possibly include thunder.

---

3-10-07 12:16am (new)

myles1890
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Well, as that all may be true, it stands to reason that there are few actual non-donors who don't initiate plan 'your comix sux0rs'.

I'm not saying I'm not one of 'em, but...

:D

---

3-15-07 6:24am (new)

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

The problem I can see with this is the whole multiple-user things. I know that a lot of people have gotten rid of their non-donor persona's (or perhaps still have them, or never had them to begin with), but something could happen like what happened back when IRC got taken away and the whole site asplode. A user with multiple accounts downplaying someones comics with a string of "bad" votes, as opposed to only having one time to vote.

That's just me though. To some it may benefit to have the option of non-donors voting.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

3-19-07 8:23pm (new)

myles1890
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

What about restricting one vote per email to each account?

---

3-22-07 12:09pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

Or we could take the Special Olympics route and rate all comics '10' so that everyone is a winner.

And then we could go to McDonald's for french fries and milkshakes.

---

3-22-07 12:50pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

I suddenly have a hankerin for a McDonalds Milk Jug. Nothing says milk like "May contain vegetable and animal parts."

---

3-22-07 2:17pm (new)

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

myles1890

I think that's a ridiculous idea. The fact is, donating has perks. I kind of wish that we still had the "donate or be invited to forums" thing. If we start giving away all of these donor perks to non-donors, then wtf is the point in donating? The site would be run to the ground because only brad would be footing the bill, and it would make a lot of people sad.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

3-22-07 2:27pm (new)

myles1890
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Eh, I'm not arguing anymore.  I gots to gets me some ideas for new comics.

Good luck with this topic, mate.

---

3-22-07 3:35pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

There was a time when there were no perks involved in donating and you did it out of the goodness of your heart.

I'd say that if you're dying to rate someone's comics and you can't afford the price of a cup of coffee to become a donor then perhaps a nice message saying "I really like your comics." would suffice.

Maybe there are people that live and die by the fact that their comics have been highly rated, but I'm guessing most people don't care that much. I bet a kind word would be, if anything, more appreciated.

---

3-22-07 4:14pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

HotRodDeathTolli agree completely. i made this same suggestion a couple years ago. the more votes the better. people love to rate stuff. ratemypoo.com, ratemytits.com, ratemyperinium.com. it will help the popularity of the site. plus letting everyone vote will help lessen the effect of those donors who downvote to downvote, or upvote in a cliquey fashion. let the world vote

except for china. no cheese, no vote, fuckers

---
what if nigger meant kite

4-28-07 5:12pm (new)

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » Comments and Ratings

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics