Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #9--Group 3: Jes, Umfum, UnknownEric, TheGov

Author

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Air your dirty laundry here.

5-20-07 10:15pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

UnknownEric
and the Goblet of Mountain Dew.

Member Rated:

choadwarrior
Actually, I wasn't planning to put any Don Henley on the CD.

---
I has a flavor!

5-21-07 7:03am (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

Any preferences this time, guys? Two of you I have swapped with before and have heard what I've got to offer so you deserve a request or two if you can think of a direction you'd like me to steer this puppy in.

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

5-21-07 11:22am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

jes_lawson

More/recent Mogwai or Low would be fine with me if you got 'em.

Likewise, any requests from the peanut gallery?

"All the boys in the newsroom got a runnin' bet. Get that widow on the set! We need Dirty Laundry. Kick'em when they're up. Kick'em when they're down..."

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

5-21-07 8:55pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Any Bad Plus you want to share umfum would be ace, and Cassette Jazz was a favourite on the last one we shared Jes, but to be honest anything is cool.

Ditto on the requests guys, if you've liked something from previous swaps than pipe up. I've had an idea for a themed cd, but will no doubt provide a disk of guv favourites aswell.

Im off to the glastonbury festival again this year so I may hold back on the cds till next month incase I spot a band there that are truely awesomesauce and need to share, but will work on the compilations in the meantime anyway.

5-22-07 9:39am (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

Gov, I enjoyed the Glasto tunes last time and I always like listening to diverse stuff I don't get the time to listen to normally. Umfum, I think I've already got most of your excellent jazz, so some more modern or even not so modern country/Southern music would be great.  

I've got a preliminary disc ready, some tweaking and a weekend of vinyl grab should finish disc one.   

---

5-22-07 10:43am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

TheGov and jes said "..."

I'll find something from Bad Plus' second disc to put on there. Po nroblem.

Modern country/Southern? Should have a track or two for that. One is for The Gov, actually, providing I can find it. :)

My first disc is complete. It's all Hall & Oates.

[hr]

If either of ye or the quieter Unknown Eric have a copy of Blue October's "Into The Ocean," I'd really like to have that on disc.

From TheGov I'd accept more Muse and Fiery Furnaces, of course! Got any more gov remixes?

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

5-24-07 11:57am (new)

UnknownEric

Member Rated:

Unfortunately, I don't have that one.

Whattaya guys think? Total eclectic mix, touching on a bunch of different genres/eras/styles, or should I stick more to one sound/feel?

---
I has a flavor!

5-24-07 1:40pm (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

UnknownEric

Go with your heart. And your gut instinct. Unless, after a large breakfast, your gut makes a noise that sounds like "Samwell".

---

5-24-07 2:15pm (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

Guys, did any of you get any Ronnie Scott on any of my previous swaps? I say this because...

---

5-28-07 11:08am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

UnknownEric

I vote "total eclectic mix"...

or total eclipse of the heart.

Turn around bright eyes (and bend over!).

Ben Dover? Yeah, I went to high school with him. He had a birthday about once a damn month. Him and that Mike Hunt fella.

[hr]

I'm compiling one disc tonight. Don't know if I have enough for two.

And I don't remember getting any Ronnie Scott, jes.

---

5-30-07 8:24pm (new)

UnknownEric

Member Rated:

I put the playlists together today and was all excited to burn 'em and get 'em out.  And now my f^#%in' CD burner is malfunctioning.  Son-of-a-bitch.

I'm gonna have my computer geek brother-in-law come over and figure out what the hell's wrong.

Oh, and no Samwell.  I promise.

---
I has a flavor!

6-09-07 12:44pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

No Samwell? What about Rockwell?

[hr]

Got your email, jes, but said bacon has not yet arrived.

[hr]

I still have many tracks rolling around in my head. Trying to pare them down to one discworth of material. Also have some work to do on one or possibly two tracks. We'll see...

---

6-16-07 10:45pm (new)

UnknownEric

Member Rated:

Got jes's cds. Wow. I'm letting them sink in before I review, but just after one listen, I can say there's a lot of awesome stuff on there.

Mine? CD burner=fixed. CDs=burned. In mail=Monday. 2 CDs. One "rawk". One "pawp". Hope you enjoy.

---
I has a flavor!

6-23-07 10:42am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Received the jesly discs last week. Have listened to the red one. Good stuff. Will review later, of course.

---

6-25-07 9:54am (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

umfumdisi

Thanks.  Hopefully the blue one will strike more chords with you. (/corny music puns)  Anyone else get theirs?

---

6-25-07 2:35pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Got mine Jes, I'm just back from the muddy hell that was glastonbury, so I'll try and get my cds out soonish. Some great bands were on, tho Im completely shattered now, even with wellies walking through that much mud day in day out felt like extreme torture, but the cider and other beverages did take the edge out of it. Pissed down all the time mind, and I lost my camera on the first night, feh. Twas aceness tho.

6-25-07 4:23pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

I keep getting cd swap dejavu with some of my favourite tracks thinking that Ive already used them on previous swaps, but the tracklisting is just about sorted for the compilations, so will have them in the post soonish.

Im going to try and finish reviewing some of the cds Ive recieved from the last swap before I start on ones from this, as I still owe Ivy and Mmyers a review, plus a side swap with Choad so appols for the delay in this respect.

7-13-07 7:05am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Mine? CD burner=fixed. CDs=burned. In mail=Monday. 2 CDs. One "rawk". One "pawp". Hope you enjoy.[/quote wrote:

Unkle E, the future of the funk, if you did post your discs, I never got them. :(

On a related note, my tracklist is almost complete. Could not find a copy of the song I wanted for TheGov but found one that should make up for it. Otherwise, everything is almost exactly as I want it. Almost...

---

7-15-07 9:05pm (new)

UnknownEric

Member Rated:

Unfortunately, I haven't posted them yet. I know, I suck. We're trying to switch rooms around at the UnknownHomestead for the new baby, and everything's lying in huge piles in various rooms. I just saw the CDs yesterday, so as soon as I get an opportunity, I'm taking 'em to the street. Or the post office. Whichever works better.

---
I has a flavor!

7-16-07 7:39am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

UnknownEric

Whatever lights your doobie, brother.

---

7-17-07 9:41pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

This just happened, I didn't think it would happen just as I was about to back everything up mind.

[Click to view comic: 'Why I believe in Murphy's Law']

Erm I may need a little more time. Fortunately a lot of the songs were backed up on my ipod and at work so I should be able to recreate the playlists.

7-29-07 11:11am (new)

UnknownEric

Member Rated:

TheGovernor
Salright. I've had mine made for over a month now, I just can't seem to get the bastards in the mail. But my in-laws are finally gone now (after two freakin' weeks!), so I may actually have time to get things done now!

---
I has a flavor!

7-30-07 5:34am (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

Aw, sorry to hear that mate. 

As a bonus, why don't I mention my radio show, 8-10pm BST on Tuesday (www.queensradio.org, scroll down for the link to the stream) , and if you like anything you hear on there I'll burn you a bonus disc to replenish the archives. 

PM me for the show's MSN details and I can take requests/ chat/ et cetera

You guys are lucky I wasn't doing this radio bit when I compiled my discs, you would have had 5 or 6 to listen to...

---

7-30-07 2:00pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

First disc mix is finalized and am burning copies. Considering sending out a second disc.

As TheGov mentioned earlier, I may accidentally include songs from past swaps as I've sent out a damn lot of the things. So, skip it or pretend you've never heard it before if I do so. And if by some twist o' fate I send you a song you've sent me in the past, consider it a compliment to your selection and a complement to your collection!

Will be gone a few days, but shall review jes' discs when I get back in town.

---

8-07-07 9:28pm (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #9--Group 3: Jes, Umfum, UnknownEric, TheGov

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests