Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Sports, and the lack of Sports Related Riots.

Author

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

I still find it somewhat surprising when sports fans are shocked to discover their sports Heroes/Gods/Only-Joy-In-A-Bleak-Life, don't give a shit about them.

Why do folks get so wound up about certain athletes that they forget that pro athletes are mercenary by nature. They go where the money leads them.

When was the last time a pro athlete (in is prime, not at the end of his career) decided to pass up a substantially bigger salary to stay in his hometown? (There's got to be at least one example. Just one. Anyone? Crabby? Big Frank? Bueller?)

The reaction to Lebron leaving Cleveland only surprised me in one way. There wasn't a riot. A few shirt burnings and drunken clods fighting to be on the local news. There were at least 8 satellite trucks parked all around Quicken Loans Arena, and not a single one was turned and burned.

That's just disappointing. The Lebron Saga got more press that the last Presidential Election and the ghettoids and knucklehead fans couldn't tip over a car or two? Some low grade looting? Spray paint "FUCK LEBRON" on every available building?

What's wrong with sports fans today?

Have they no fervor? No passion?

And what about the Soccer World Cup? Talk about media saturation. "Hey America! The ENTIRE rest of the world LOVES soccer, so much so that they call it 'Football' and sneer at the lumbering mongrel you call American Football. What's wrong with you guys? You WILL love soccer. YOU MUST LOVE IT."

If the world cup had been held in the Scotland, England or Germany, we could've watched soccer riot footage and hooligan clips for the next 10 years. 

What is happening? Where are my sports riots? Not having a good riot or fan beating really takes the fun out of it.

Free agency ruined everything.

---
Kill Whitey.

7-12-10 4:53am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

A thread involving sports? Good luck with that!

7-12-10 5:22am (new)

AngryAmerican

Member Rated:

Then lets go with riots. Infinitely more entertaining than sports anyway.

---
Kill Whitey.

7-12-10 5:27am (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

Today is the Twelfth of July in Northern Ireland, or as we like to call it here, Annual Let's Set Fire To Shit, March Around, Get Drunk, Then Throw Bricks At The Police Day.  Someone's already shot one of my sister's friends colleagues in the arm for no reason. 

If there was a world championship in rioting, I think it'd be us as incumbant undefeated world champions.

Sent from my Blackberry wireless device, while hiding from a petrol bomb wielding mob.

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

7-12-10 6:25am (new)

AngryAmerican

Member Rated:

I thought it just went without saying that the Irish knew how to throw a riot.

Its like fish knowing how to swim. And I say that great admiration.

---
Kill Whitey.

7-12-10 8:34am (new)

RCCOLAMAN
Saving the world from thirst since 1905!

Member Rated:

I thought there was a riot in oakland

7-12-10 9:16am (new)

UnknownEric
and the Goblet of Mountain Dew.

Member Rated:

Sports riot, I wanna riot
Sports riot, a riot about sports

---
I has a flavor!

7-12-10 10:11am (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

Sports riots!  Sports riots!

Baby throws bricks around,

Riots all over tooowwwwn!

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

7-12-10 12:07pm (new)

NooniePuuBunny
Horny Female Tentacled Kaiju from Outer Space

Member Rated:

Maybe its quiet.  Thats it, a quiet riot.

---
I will rate you hard, and unendingly.

7-12-10 2:33pm (new)

lima
FIREBOMB THE ORPHANAGE!

Member Rated:

AngryAmerican wrote:

When was the last time a pro athlete (in is prime, not at the end of his career) decided to pass up a substantially bigger salary to stay in his hometown? (There's got to be at least one example. Just one. Anyone? Crabby? Big Frank? Bueller?)

Nick Barmby is the only one that springs to mind. Left a Premier League football club to play for his home town of Hull (a few divisions and a few millions of pounds below the top flight) aged 29. Thats the only one that springs to mind in 20 odd years of watching football, so you may have a point.

AngryAmerican wrote:

If the world cup had been held in the Scotland, England or Germany, we could've watched soccer riot footage and hooligan clips for the next 10 years.

I'll thank you to leave Scotland out of that, cheers. Our fans' standing on the international scene is exemplary. Its only our club football which is beyond the pale in terms of hooliganism and wankerishness.

9-22-10 6:26pm (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

Ken Griffey took a pay hit so he could spend his last season before retirement on the same team as his son.  Plus a lot of the Braves players stick around because they're from the surrounding area.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

9-23-10 12:27pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

lima wrote:

AngryAmerican wrote:

Nick Barmby is the only one that springs to mind. Left a Premier League football club to play for his home town of Hull (a few divisions and a few millions of pounds below the top flight) aged 29. Thats the only one that springs to mind in 20 odd years of watching football, so you may have a point.

AngryAmerican wrote:

I'll thank you to leave Scotland out of that, cheers. Our fans' standing on the international scene is exemplary. Its only our club football which is beyond the pale in terms of hooliganism and wankerishness.

Well said.

9-23-10 5:39pm (new)

niteowl
Level 1 Forum Troll

Member Rated:

AngryAmerican wrote:

Joe Mauer could have got at least $25 mil/year on the open market but decided to stay here in Minnesota.

---
Think classy, you'll be classy.

10-07-10 10:09pm (new)

AngryAmerican

Member Rated:

Thanks guys. Knew there had to be some.

---
Kill Whitey.

10-08-10 4:13pm (new)

xxausrottenxx
Sock of the walk

Member Rated:

josh hamilton loves drugs and alcohol.. dont let him tell you otherwise

---
xx( o Y o. )xx

11-23-10 10:19pm (new)

_sebra
Junior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

carlos baerga

---
i am sorry brad

12-09-10 1:25pm (new)

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Sports, and the lack of Sports Related Riots.

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests