stripcreator chat | forum search
Jump to:

Stripcreator » General Discussion » I am a terrible artist

Author

Kaddar
Captain Insano

Member Rated:

Yo stripcreator peeps!

I haven't drawn regularly for a long time. ( I used to drop things in my deviant art page http://kaddar.deviantart.com/ . )

I just bought a Note 4 and I have a long commute to work via public transit. I've started drawing again on occasion, posting the work here: https://twitter.com/jakedraws

Any of ya'll do art these days?  Where do you post things at?

2-22-15 10:29am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

HCRoyall
Can't Brain today, studying for Nursing School

Member Rated:

Injokester would be the one to talk to.  I haven't done any real drawing for years due to lack of time, despite the fact that I used to be fairly good.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s **** robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

2-23-15 5:55am (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

HCRoyall wrote:

Injokester would be the one to talk to.  I haven't done any real drawing for years due to lack of time, despite the fact that I used to be fairly good.

Don't be so humble. You're one of the GREATS!

---
www.danimalcrossing.com

2-23-15 7:40am (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

My art these days consist of album covers, production team posters, advertisements, and (when I get free time) Angels After Dark.

friendly warning: if you're devoutly religious, squeemish, etc I'd advise not going to that link. It's the grunge artwork I've done over the years and some of it could be considered pretty graphic to some people.

---
...and if you liked that one, here's a link to my other stupid ****.

2-23-15 4:22pm (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

Oh and there is some nudity on that page, too, so I would label it NSFW and NSFM.

---
...and if you liked that one, here's a link to my other stupid ****.

2-23-15 4:24pm (new)

Injokester
Probably drunk

Member Rated:

HCRoyall wrote:

Injokester would be the one to talk to.

lol, Kaddar > Injokester.

The only online stuff I've done in forever was for SC last year, when I was more active I always had my own website (always found deviantart slow and painful, it's improved a lot). If I were going to get back into it I'd either set up a domain or just run it all from facebook if I were too lazy.

Great stuff btw, the cliffs with the lighthouse for the cardgame look amazing. Skillful composition and colour scheme aside, is there anything special to the technique? Looks to be mostly paintbrush with size/opacity to fit, contrasting areas on new layers, and so on. I was looking for something to use for backdrops for displays, a quicker technique might solve all my problems - I can work a bit rough but my drawing style doesn't accomodate :)

---
Dinosaurs had eggs bro, the chicken came way later.

6-21-15 9:26pm (new)

Kaddar
Captain Insano

Member Rated:

I'm enjoying using twitter for it, as it's an excuse to stay constant and not worry about the past work.

For that piece, I went through some online videos and watched them, Noah Bradley has a bunch of art videos on youtube that felt pretty helpful.

Lately, I've been reading art books, and the most helpful ones have been "keys to drawing" and "figure drawing - design and invention"

9-07-15 9:15pm (new)

Stripcreator » General Discussion » I am a terrible artist

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help