Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC 655: Terry Gilliam's Petrified Donkey Carillon

Author

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

I haven't done this in a while, so be gentle -- except to my funny bone, you can punch it like a speed bag.

Make a comic or series of comics in Terry Gilliam's Monty Python animation style or in the style of one of his many enjoyable movies (as writer and/or director):

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975), Time Bandits (1981), Brazil (1985), The Adventures of Baron Munchausen(1988), The Fisher King (1991),

12 Monkeys (1995), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), The Brothers Grimm (2005) and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009).

You can receive the ever-valuable Bonus Points for referencing my favorite movie of his. Don't worry, you will also receive Bonus Points for attempting the animation style and pulling it off.

If all else fails, just make a Terry Gilliam reference, and I'll probably laugh my arse off.

Judgement in a few days. Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Apparently, it's been so long since I posted that I forgot how numbers work. Had to create a new thread with the correct CC number. In the words of Archie from A Fish Called Wanda, I'm really, really sorry; I apologize unreservedly.

Here are the entries of the others who followed me faithfully into oblivion:

From the crispy and colorful http://www.stripcreator.com/comics/Makin_d_bacon

Entry: CC 665 by Makin_d_bacon
11-06-16
At the home of our "Dynamic Uno"...
So...are we gonna enter CC 665?
I dunno...what's it about?
It oughta be a piece o cake! How hard can it be to do a comic about Terry Gilliam?
What's a "Terry Gilliam"?
You mean, you don't know EITHER?
HEll...I don't know who WE are half the time!

From the nutritious and flavorful http://www.stripcreator.com/comics/atomiclunch

CC: 655 - Obligatory by atomiclunch
11-06-16
And now for something completely different...
It's...

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

11-13-16 6:42am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

CC655: You don't vote for kings by evil_d
11-14-16
I'm telling you, a Trump presidency is nothing to worry about. There are good reasons to think he won't do any of the things he said he'd do, and I'll explain why.
This ought to be good.
Suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack!

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

11-14-16 11:56am (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Refund by TheGovernor
11-15-16
Hello, is this God's complaints department? I'd like to register a faulty year. Yes that's right, 2016 has just got a little too silly
Look you've had 11 months of it, we can't take it back now, it's all used, besides we don't know where it's been
I don't care. It is a defective year and I want a refund
Look if this is about all those celebrity deaths, or that election result I'm afraid that's just part and parcel of the intricacies of life, you'll just have to deal with it I'm afraid
On the contrary this is due to the fact that you've made a Scotsman the worlds number one tennis player
Ahh I see your point

11-15-16 2:33am (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

CC 655: You're here because of the system by brycekain
11-15-16
Sir, now that you're president, what is your vision for America?
Well, I really want to encourage a kind of fantasy, a kind of magic. I love the term magic realism, whoever invented it.
Reality and fantasy, we need both of those to survive. If we don't have fantasy, dreams and all of those things, what's the point of carrying on?
Sir, you're just quoting Terry Gilliam! What are you going to say if there's another 9/11??
'Tis but a flesh wound!

---
...and if you liked that one, here's a link to my other stupid shit.

11-15-16 11:05pm (new)

RandomComicLayoutGuy
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

11-19-16 9:55pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

And now for something completely usual...a winner!

CC655: You don't vote for kings by evil_d
11-14-16
I'm telling you, a Trump presidency is nothing to worry about. There are good reasons to think he won't do any of the things he said he'd do, and I'll explain why.
This ought to be good.
Suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack!

evil d took the cake for both using the Gilliam trope and making me laugh -- which everyone did -- but he did it best.

And the film I had in mind was 12 Monkeys.

Take it away, evil d...

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

11-20-16 9:26pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Thanks!  I thought TheGovernor might have this one in the bag, but I have no qualms about stealing victory from him.

New comic contest will go up as soon as I think of a theme, but no telling how long that'll take.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

11-21-16 8:02am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC 655: Terry Gilliam's Petrified Donkey Carillon

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests