Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Contest XXI

Author

Scyess
Official Traveling Menstrual

Member Rated:

Thank goodness I finally entered a low-participation comic contest so I could win. 8)

Okay, so now I have to make up rules, right? How about five rules.

1) For this contest, the comic has to have two panels which have the same background and use the same characters. The characters don't have to be in the same pose... e.g. if you use Maura1-2 in one you can use Maura4-1 in the other; but they do have to be in the same position, as in left/right of the panel. The other panel has to have a different background and different characters. I'll post some examples from my back files in the next post.

2) Somewhere in the comic you have to mention a color and use a non-English word.

3) No one is allowed to mention the name of other LowPass strippers in your comic entry. I don't dig on inside jokes... especially since I don't get them.

4) Gabe Billings CAN win this contest, but only if he follows the rules and is funnier than everyone else.

5) Entrants have to withdraw from their current religion and worship me as their one and only true god.

Judging will be done whenever I feel like it, which will probably be sometime Thursday (4/12).

---
"Old" is the old new.

4-09-01 8:14am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Scyess

Member Rated:

Here are some examples of possible entries for the contest, except that they don't mention a color or foreign word. But this is what I mean by two panels using the same characters & background and the remaining one using another.

http://www.lowpass.net/stripcreator/view.php?ID=5333
[Click to view comic: 'A bad call by Jon']
http://www.lowpass.net/stripcreator/view.php?ID=9260
[Click to view comic: 'Misconception']
http://www.lowpass.net/stripcreator/view.php?ID=10830[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest XVI: This is Fiction. I Swear!']

---
"Old" is the old new.

4-09-01 8:20am (new)

Scyess

Member Rated:

For some reason which is beyond me, that seems to have posted three of the same comic. ;P Just follow the URLs above the comics if you still don't get the rules and want more examples.

---
"Old" is the old new.

4-09-01 8:21am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

4-09-01 11:03am (new)

fishoutofbeer
Junior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

4-09-01 12:23pm (new)

Scyess

Member Rated:

Just a reminder: the panel with the different background/characters doesn't have to be the third... it can be the first or second.

Judging this is going to be a bitch; now I wish I spoke more languages...

---
"Old" is the old new.

4-09-01 12:35pm (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

When Johnny updated the message boards, he made them so you could only post a single comic at a time. If you try to do more than one (like you did), they all default to the first comic.

Such is life.

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

4-09-01 12:36pm (new)

NeoVid
Stripcreator Irregular

Member Rated:

This one came to me in an entire 2 seconds of thought.

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest XXI: Highbrow punchline']

---
"Only things I approve of should exist." -some guy on the internet

4-09-01 3:00pm (new)

Scyess

Member Rated:

Actually, rule #5 isn't really a RULE per se... it's more of a guideline for healthy living and spiritual well-being.

---
"Old" is the old new.

4-09-01 6:55pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

http://www.stripcreator.com/view.php?ID=11687
[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest XXI - Move over Attenborough...']
A little lean on the foreign words, but I figure "Kilimanjaro", "kung fu", and a mangled attempt at "parlez vous" are enough to qualify me. Plus, I managed not one but two colours. :)

My apologies for the overdone Springer reference, but I liked the idea and figured it was different enough from the usual ones...

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

4-09-01 9:56pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

As far as I know, Gabe is the only stripper here at Low Pass. Or at least he was a stripper until that unfortunate incident when his penile implant exploded during a lap dance, severely injuring the Archbishop of Cleveland...

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

4-09-01 11:21pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'CCXXI - L'homosexualité latente trouve une voie de se montr']

This is either comedic genius or not. And that's just another example of me taking the hard stance on an issue. So please vote me your Federal Cow Tipper.

---
I ate a hooker half a bottle of knife.

4-09-01 11:52pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

I prayed for divine guidance from our lord and savior Scyess, and this is what His Righteous Spirit, or perhaps sleep deprivation, hath wrought:

http://www.stripcreator.com/view.php?ID=11703

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest XXI: Just what the world needs...']

---

4-10-01 1:01am (new)

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest XXI: Rules? Who needs 'em?']

That last phrase was what Babelfish gave me when it converted "What a pansy." to Spanish, but when I translated back, I got "What thought". So I have no idea what it actually means.

---
"Oh, look, a joke! How original! Thank you, but if I wanted my emotions stimulated pleasurably, I'd get a whore." - Donald B. Jones III

4-10-01 8:05am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

quote:

That last phrase was what Babelfish gave me when it converted "What a pansy." to Spanish, but when I translated back, I got "What thought". So I have no idea what it actually means.

They call the flowers "thoughts" in Spanish. Because, as Shakespeare wrote, "pansies are for thoughts."

Here at Lowpass, we say "thinking is for pansies."

---
What others say about boorite!

4-10-01 10:25am (new)

fishoutofbeer
Junior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

HAW!

4-10-01 10:50am (new)

bunnerabb
Some bloke.

Member Rated:

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

---
I wanted my half in the middle and I wound up on the edge.

4-10-01 9:34pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

God I need a life.

[Click to view comic: 'French to English on Babelfish']

---
I ate a hooker half a bottle of knife.

4-10-01 11:12pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

This age a competition one in such a way more less of the one than lame. Now that we all in convert them the adoração of Scyess, us we can start a church and be free of the taxes! Same E that I cannot say the German, I have an idea joust of that Penisvacumpumpe is.

ObiJo, " violate red mine butt soft with one herring " is full a rollback of the phrase, but " harder and deeper " this extra mile is going really.

---
What others say about boorite!

4-11-01 2:32pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

http://www.stripcreator.com/view.php?ID=11974
[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest XXI: Monsieur l'agent, c'est une insulte.']

Some people use Babelfish, I use The Zompist Phrasebook.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

4-11-01 9:09pm (new)

Scyess

Member Rated:

I didn't expect I'd have to be judging a bunch of polyglots. ;P And to think I wasted all my time studying non-Romance languages.

I think it's an unofficial tradition here to spew a blurb about each comic that was entered, so here it goes.

boorite: You seem to have gotten the most quotability points. 8) I wonder how many baboons world wide have been felched by LowPass regulars since you posted that comic.

descolada99b: When I translated the German to English it didn't help much in my understanding the comic, although it did yeild the phrase, "This hope does not jsut I of somebody private turns these gust lakes colour of the Gruens." There should be a prize just for that.

fishoutofbeer: That was a very creative way to wave rule #3 back in my face. I thought it was a clever play on words and an amusing comic in general. You lose.

NeoVid: I like this comic. I like any comic where I'm worshiped... even if I do have to blue some cajones.

DexX: I've never seen Springer done in an African setting before. That's probably what it would be like, though.

ObiJo: The translation of the first pannel in Babbelfish was "Please violate my tender end..." much more amusing than "manrape." 8)

wirthling: You've played upon my weakness: comedic pedanticism. I thought that one was bloody hilarious.

Big Evil Dan: In an attempt to prove to the world the "default" thing hasn't been overdone, I think you proved the opposite. No matter. At least you were the only one to use Spanish.

bunnerabb: I will go to my grave wondering what "Are you stupidly deaf, or? Hands on your heading!" means.

evil_d: "Do your conk, you have it birth?" I love Babbelfish. The great thing is it actually translated something into "conk."

Well, it was hard to judge this one. The finalists were NeoVid, DexX, and wirthling. I'm tempted to make you all do Comic Contest XXII together. But I won't do that. Instead I'll choose, um...

WIRTHLING

In the end, the pedanticism got to me; I couldn't resist. Thanks for playing, y'all.

---
"Old" is the old new.

4-12-01 10:36am (new)

bunnerabb
Some bloke.

Member Rated:

Allow me to translate my lame ass, non-l337 comic:

[French] "Nice shirt. Wanna fuck?"
[German] "What do you mean by that? Are you insulting me?"
[German] (After the horrible beating and the cops arrive) "Are you stupid, or deaf? Hands on your head!"

So....

Do I win now?

wirthling wins a lot, man. Really. He wont mind.

Ah, bugger.

Love,

bunner

---
I wanted my half in the middle and I wound up on the edge.

4-12-01 11:32am (new)

fishoutofbeer
Junior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

quote:

wirthling: You've played upon my weakness: comedic pedanticism. I thought that one was bloody hilarious.

In the end, the pedanticism got to me; I couldn't resist. Thanks for playing, y'all.

I hate to see writhing win again, but I hafta agree with you on this one, Scyess--that comic WAS bloody hilarious. Here that johnnysokko? Blow it out your arse!

4-12-01 11:58am (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

Damn you, Scyess. That's the last time I pick you as a winner....

---

4-12-01 12:09pm (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

It makes me want to choke when I say it, but everyone is on the money. Wirthling's comic was pretty fucking amusing. I, of course, was responsible for his winning since I chose to opt out of this contest (i.e. I thought the judging would happen later on and I missed the deadline.)

Had I entered, my comic would have been so funny most of you probably would have died laughing. Or at the very least shit yourself. So you all owe me the cost of a pair of pants. Except for ObiJo, who was probably reading the comics naked again. Or wearing his wife's underwear.

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

4-12-01 12:37pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Contest XXI

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account