Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Evil Umfum Dcom Kitty Jes

Author

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

That happened to a lot of my tracks, I thought it might have had something to do with my burner. I didn't bother fixing it.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

9-30-03 12:55am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

i will post about dcom's discs when I manage to open them--friggin' tape fiend!

actually, i'll post tonight after listening again.
[hr]

dcom--glad you liked the Johnny Cash. who would have guessed that the Man In Black had a dark side? :P

if you liked the John Zorn, then "Naked City" is a good place to start. he plays sax, and he plays in a lot of different styles. finding his better discs is hit or miss. go to the AllMusicGuide site and type John Zorn into the search bar. you can find out more about his history, his music, and his discography.

glad you liked "Black Eye" as well. longer isn't always better--ask any of Tobor's victims.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

9-30-03 9:01am (new)

Chi_The_Cynic
Comoedus Cynicalis

Member Rated:

Speaking of Mr. Cash, one of the reasons his rendition of Trent Reznor's "Hurt" (featured on Chi's Compilation) is so moving is because he HAS done all the things mentioned in that song. My father assures me that in his day, Johnny was quite the bad boy...

9-30-03 10:15am (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

Two days running, I've had a Swap CD land on my doorstep. It's like I'm blessed. Listening to "Twang, Violence and Chicken" as I type.

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

9-30-03 12:54pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

"John, I'm Only Dancing"

Listening to WOMBAT SONGS reminds me how old I am because I'm relating to these songs by comparing them to bands with which I'm familiar (and most of them are dead and gone or just ancient).

Items in BLUE are ones I especially like.

[list=1]
[*]WWE Signature good intro
[*]Silverchair--Freak. Alright, this one reminded me of NIRVANA. Still good.
[*]Regurgitator--Everyday Formula. I like the little keyboard/synth swirl in the chorus + the chugging gtr.
[*]Frenzal Rhomb--Never Had So Much Fun. The vocals and intro sound like The Kinks. Then, the band suddenly morphs into Green Day!
[*]Eskimo Joe--Sweater. Nice message--good song
[*]Killing Heidi--Mascara. Isn't this "sadcore?" I recently made fun of these in a series. Decent song, though.
[*]Greg Champion--Dermott Brereton Is A Hood. Ah, that's the stuff--local flavor with humor. Simple, yet charming.
[*]Machine Gun Fellatio--Rollercoaster. Reminds me of the RHCP cover of "Love Rollercoaster." Catchy as hell.
[*]Custard--Music Is Crap. Again sounds like Ray Davies on vocals--maybe even early Bowie. I like the words more than the music.
[*]The Porkers--Skankin Car Park Blues.SUBLIME, anyone? Ska-tacular!
[*]Tism--Whatareya? Are they making fun of Depeche Mode? Sort of annoying.
[*]Powderfinger--My Happiness. Very nice. I'm wondering if they got their name from the Neil Young song.
[*]The Living End--Second Solution. STRAY CATS meet GREEN DAY. I'm still on the fence.
[*]Illergic--Illergic Reaction. Fly mic skillz on dis here! This track won't play on my portable, FSR.
[*]Area 7--No Logic. Okay.
[*]You Am I--Heavy Heart. Another "breather." Good, I was about to pass out from all the dancing.
[*]Spiderbait--Calypso. VERUCA SALT!
[*]28 Days--Rip It Up. Rawk On!
[*]Pollyana--Cinnamon Lip.
[*]Tripod--Hot Girl In The Comic Shop. Demented and sad, but social.
[*]Ben Lee--Cigarettes Will Kill You. Cool and meditative.
[*]The Mavis's--Naughty Boy.
[*]Grinspoon--DCX3. I like the music, but the lyrics weren't to my taste.
[*]Pauline Pantsdown--I Don't Like It. I DO like it.
[*]Scared Weird Little Guys--Come To Australia. I'm singing this at work! Co-workers are avoiding me.
[*]The Whitlams--Chunky Chunky Air Guitar. Mmmmm...Chonky.
[*]Jebidiah--Leaving Home.
[*]Hunters And Collectors--Holy Grail. [color=red]I like these guys. I won't compare them to anyone. Great ending to a super Swap disc.

Thanks, dcom[/color]

As for the rap disc, I liked your "Signs" effort from Swap #2 better. I don't have a track listing for this one, and I think the title is "S.N.A.W." But it could be "M.A.N.S." Here are the ones I favor:

Track 01--Intro. I almost included the whole song on "Rapestry."
Track 02
Track 03
Track 05--Kid Rock, I presume.
Track 09
Track 10--KRS-One rules.
Track 11
Track 15--that one IS pretty gay
Track 18
Track 19--Mmmmm...gravy boat

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

9-30-03 11:30pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

In a radio interview a few weeks ago, I think they said the got it from a random band name generator. But then I wasn't really paying attention.

The title of the second disc was "S.N.A.W.". I put a lot less work into it than I did Signs (which was pretty stupid). I even didn't put much work into the full title, which was "Songs Not About Wombats", or writing it on the cds (took about 3 seconds for four discs).

---

10-01-03 12:32am (new)

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

okay, obviously in canadia they don't believe in mail, for i haven't received anything yet, damnit. and i'm hearing weird things in my room right now, but i think that's from extreme lack of sleep. that and i have a class in... 5 hours. damn.
anyway, i got my money today (SCROE!) so mailing of my cd's will be happening shortly. i am (again) poor student, so only once cd per customer. that, and i even spent the time to hand-write all the songs onto the cd's... unfortunately, the permanent marker i was using was soo big so some words look like they could be other words... its great. REGARDLESS, cd's for ya'll should be leaving Ottawa Mail soon!

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

10-01-03 1:16am (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

My review of TWANG, VIOLENCE and Chicken

1. Hen House - As soon as I heard this I knew we were in for an interesting listen!
2. The Autumn Wind - NFL Films. I can see the football spinning through the air in slo-mo. I'm a bit of a Raiders man meself actually...
3. Black Eye - Uncle Tupelo. Folky, acousticy, atmospheric
4. Delia's Gone - Johnny Cash. One of my favourite tracks by the Man in Black, God rest him.
5. Rebel Rouser - Duane Eddy. Twangy!
6. Violet - Hole My favourite Hole track, this had me rocking out in my bath
7. Henry Lee - Nick Cave & PJ Harvey. I saw Polly Jean on stage at Reading. She was wearing very little and a radio mic. I prefer some of her other work but this was another good track
8. Boo Boo Stick Beat - Chet Atkins. Howdy boys and girls! Fun.
9. Bodies - Drowing Pool. Oh yeah. Let it rip!
10. Drawing Flies - Soundgarden. About the only track I'm not really keen on but still it fits in very well.
11. Am I evil? Metallica - Yes! Yes you are! This rocked!
12. KFC March - The Sunrays. Suddenly I feel the need for a Zinger burger....
13. Where's The Colonel? - Family Guy. I love Family Guy. I also think the odd bit of dialog/shorter tracks on a Swap CD gives it some balance.
14. Bantam Roosters - I'm not sure I understand why you put a chicken flavour on the CD, was it an eggsperiment? Oh well, far from me to peck you on the issue, beakause I'm cock sure you'll give me a clucking good reason.
15. L.A. County - Lyle Lovett Not my favourite Country artist or style but I didn't hate this.
16. Goodbye Earl - Dixie Chicks. Now this I liked.
17. Little Fury - The Breeders. I like the Breeders, mainly because of Kim Deal's connection to the Pixies. Nice.
18. The Gift - Velvet Underground. Woah! This melted my head! I'm not sure if a long noodly prog rock song with psychedelic story telling says good or bad things about me as my signature track, I think it's spot on to be honest! Plus I love lomg noodly prog rock. The Welsh voice reading the story sealed the deal.
19. Punk China Doll - John Zorn Starts off a bit like Primus, a bit crazy,then mellows and turns really cool.
20. NY Flat Top Box - John Zorn. Nashville meets mentalist Jazz. Nice.
21. Cocaine Blues - Johnny Cash. Brilliant, the live atmopsphere really makes this recording. Possibly my favourite track on the album.
22. My Big Fat Baby - Family Guy. "I got blisters on me fingers!" Ha ha ha!
23. Knoxville Girl - Louvin Brothers. Now this is my kind of C&W music. It's always good to put a song on about where you live. I hope you appreciate "Durham Town" when you get it.
24. Rumble - Link Wray and his Wray-Men - Excellent. Putting a tune from a film on also helps anchor it. Cool as.
25. Old Dan Tucker - The Dezurik (Cackle) Sisters - More chickens! Brilliant.
26 King of Fuh - Brute Force - I'm surprised how old this track is, it sounded like something Tenacious D would record it made me laugh out loud.

Hidden Track - Sounds a bit like Ben Folds Five. I really like this.

A bit less variety in the kinds of music than last time, but what I got I liked a lot. The cover art was also very cool - I like that guy's other work on-line as well.

I think T,W&C will stand the test of time (I still listen to "From Dark To Light") I was twanged and violated and now really need an omelette.

Muchos muchos gracias, umfum.

---

10-01-03 12:59pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

jes, glad you enjoyed my "secret recipe" for swap success. sorry Velvet Underground "fried" your brain, but at least it was in a good way--that IS Welshman John Cale on vocals. for some reason, i could picture you as Waldo, but you would merely use his method to travel around North America visiting other SC members.

at first, the CD was going to contain more twang than anything else, but I found some songs that I really wanted to include, so I decided to "wing" it and add a couple more "layers." i think the songs relate pretty well when all is said and done.

now wishing he had included "Rooster" by Alice In Chains, umfum

---

10-01-03 3:06pm (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

Quick review of Rapestry (which I read as "Rape-stry")
All good.

I especially liked:
[list]
[*]Rappers Delight - "Skibidee-be-bop we rock to Scooby Doo. And guess what? America, we love you!"
[*]The Message
[*]"Hey, where the White Women At?" Blazing Saddles, y'all.
[*]Shake Your Rump - Digging that 303 bassline noise
[*]Baby Got Back - "I like big BUTTS and I cannot lie!" I think I first heard this on an episode of Futurama and now I've heard the proper version I'm liking it even more. The drum machine is what gets me bouncing, it's a Roland 808 or 909 and is retro cool as f*ck. I'd play this to Dani but she's erm...petite and might think I was taking the rise...
[*] Fight the Power - "F*ck him and John Wayne!"
[*]Bitch I'm Broke - Niiice lyrics.

[/list]

I'd have preferred a bit more variety of styles of music but I won't ever complain about a CD full of hip-hop! Some of my favourite all time hip-hop tracks are on this disc, plus some new ones that rocked out fully.

A worthy dual to T,V&C. Thanks again umfum.

---

10-01-03 4:07pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

So, Canadia mail isn't that bad. I got both dcom and umfum's cd's today, to which i sat down and said "let's do homework and listen to the cd's" Oh, and I'm not going to give a "song by song" critique, more of a generalization with a few distinct references.

First off was rapestry, which made me laugh because of all the 80's rap. But I love Run DMC and Beastie Boys and Sir Mix A Lot, so it was great. That, and Mr. Rogers TOTALLY added to it.

Now onto Twang, Violence, and Chicken. HAHAHA. Hen house... hahaha... this reminds me of walking down the halls of my dorm, bawking like a chicken at 3am. I really like dcom's theme song... well, theme song according to umfum. I have always really loved amazing work on accoustic guitars, mainly because I can't play mine. I can't say I'm much of a Johnny Cash person, but that's just me. Oh man. I LOVE this song. (this song would be Bodies by Drowning Pool)HAHAH. I got blisters on me fingers.. that's awesome.

Umfum, definitely twangy. This cd will be used to wake up my roommate tomorrow morning. Muah hahaha.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

10-01-03 4:15pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

dcom : i'm lovin the Aussie mix. This is going to get blasted. That is, blasted in my stereo, to bring in the swarms of people going "wow! that music is awesome!"

I am LOVING this cd!! Wombat Songs that is.
*rocks out*

Spiderbait... Very nice.

*coughs up a lung* whoops... guess I'll have to get me a new one of THOSE.

Rap : okie dokie.

---

10-01-03 4:48pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Iffin anyone cares, this is what's on S.N.A.W.

01. KRS-One - Warning: Intro (Kristyles © 2003)
02. Twiztid - 2nd Hand Smoke (Mostasteless © 1998)
03. Vanilla Ice - Detonator (Bi-Polar © 2001)
04. 2 Dope - Clown Love (Fuck Off © 1994)
gay. Kid Rock - Early Morning Stoned Pimp (The History of Rock © 2000)
06. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Bone, Bone, Bone (Thug World Order © 2002)
07. Veneomous Prospect - Coming Thru (Venomous Prospect © 2002)
08. Roots Manuva - Join the Dots (feat. Chali 2na) (Run Come Save Me © 2001)
09. Dark Lotus - Bad Rep (Tales From the Lotus Pod © 2001)
10. KRS-One - Philisophical (Kristyles © 2003)
11. Myzery - Latino 2002 (The Red Eye © 2002)
12. Brassmunk - El Dorado (Dark Sunrise © 2003)
13. Tech N9ne - Slacker (Absolute Power © 2002)
14. Yukmouth - Regime Mobstaz (feat. Da Regime) (Godzilla © 2003)
gay. (Infinite © 1995)
16. ABK - Sticky Icky Situations (feat. Violent J and Esham) (Hatchet Warrior © 2003)
17. Three 6 Mafia - Fuck That Shit (Da Unbreakables © 2003)
18. Kottonmouth Kings - Dogs life (Royal Highness © 1998)
19. Twiztid - Gravy Boatz (4 Tha Fam © 2003)

---

10-01-03 9:26pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

dcom, thanks for the track list and explanation of "S.N.A.W." between the two of us, we got it all "rapped" up. i thought the intro bit was from Eric B. & Rakim. maybe KRS lifted it as a tribute.

Songs Not About Wombats? U R 2 Much.
[hr]

jes, it's RAP-ES-TRY ;^)
i almost lifted the cover photo of Carol King's "Tapestry" to enhance the connotation, but i thought it might cause more confusion in the end.

as for variety, T,V,&C was meant to be more unified in nature (even with such diverse subject matter) since i was going for a more somber feel contrasted by moments of sudden levity.
[hr]

kitty, i don't know why yours took so long to cross the border--maybe that Air Mail wasn't such a deal after all. seems like they tied the package to a northbound Moose. surely Brad's isn't far behind--on a Squirrel, no doubt.

---

10-01-03 10:24pm (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

People, I am pleased. Why? Because the CDs for my group were posted this afternoon.

Anyone who I was swapping with on the side will have to wait a little longer.

---

10-06-03 4:49pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Yay!

---

10-07-03 2:10am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

jes, you'll have to be good to knock dcom out of my rotation!

---

10-07-03 7:10am (new)

jes_lawson

Member Rated:

I relistened to my Disc 2 - it should come with a warning "Do not listen to more than 5 songs at a time, or risk emotional turmoil and depression"

I relistened to Rapestry on Friday night - it is definitley now my favourite warm-up music to going out on the town.

---

10-07-03 2:39pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Haven't received Jes' discs, but I don't think that's any cause for alarm yet. Here's some haphazard feedback on umfum's and dcom's. Not listening to the discs at the moment so I'm sure I'll forget some things I wanted to say.

Wombat Songs

This one gets high marks indeed. All of the tracks sound like the artists had a good time recording them.

Silverchair -- back in high school I didn't like these guys because someone told me they had no talent. Now that I don't have to care what anyone thinks, I can allow myself to enjoy this song. Still probably wouldn't buy the album, though.
Frenzal Rhomb -- never heard any of their stuff before. I like it.
Greg Champion -- such a matter-of-fact way to dis somebody. Excellent.
Machine Gun Fellatio -- a highlight.
Custard -- the irony of singing that music is crap is just icing. The cake is a kick-ass tune.
Illergic -- I also have problems with this track. The CD player in Windows stops at the beginning of it and shows "-1:59". If I skip forward a few seconds, the timer displays correctly and the rest of the track plays normally. Haven't tried it in other players.
Tripod -- it's funny 'cause it's true.
Scared Weird Little Guys -- probably also funny 'cause it's true, not that I would know. Anyways I like it.
The Whitlams -- just a fun song.

Rapestry

Here's the thing. I feel about rap songs the same way I feel about people. I like them in theory, but most of those I've met suck. That is, I think rap is a really cool style of music, but I'm not at all interested in hearing people brag about their hos, money, drugs, guns, cars, etc. Most of the tracks on Rapestry either avoid doing this or do it well enough that I don't mind. So I like this disc. And the extra tracks for flavor definitely add to the experience.

Sugarhill Gang -- never heard this before but I understand it's a classic. Very catchy.
Grandmaster Flash -- I don't like the song so much, but I think it's probably a good portrayal.
Run-DMC -- I like pretty much every one of their songs that I've heard. There's a good possibility that I like this group.
Sir Mix-a-Lot -- liking this song is required by law. Now that I give it a close listen, it's very good technically as well, I think.
Ice Cube -- another classic in its genre. One of the ones that talks about the stuff I don't like in a way that I do.
Arrested Development -- have this album on cassette somewhere. I prefer their other single, Mr. Wendell, but this one's good too.

S.N.A.W.

This one doesn't avoid the things I don't like about rap as well. Still some good tracks, though.

Vanilla Ice -- had no idea it was him. He's good at, um, hiding the fact that he used to be a poser, I guess. Well, maybe he's still a poser. I don't care. This track is alright. I much prefer his new incarnation.
2 Dope -- this is one of the guys from Insane Clown Posse, right? I've heard bad things about them, but this track seems alright. Got to appreciate the message in the refrain.
Roots Manuva -- skillful.
KRS-One -- I'd heard good things about him; seems they were justified.
Yukmouth -- this one certainly has its moments, but ultimately I had hoped for more from the marriage of opera and rap.
Track 15 -- I don't really see that it's better or worse than the rest of the disc.

The tracks near the end have something I like that the others don't, but I can't put my finger on it. A funk influence, perhaps.

Twang, Violence, and Chicken

Another fine umfumdisi production.

Uncle Tupelo -- seems like a band I could get to like. Preferred their track from the last swap, though.
Johnny Cash -- I'm going to take a deep breath and commit heresy. I've heard several Johnny Cash songs over the course of these CD swaps, and I think the verdict is that I just don't like Johnny Cash. His covers sound like bad jokes. His originals are better, but not a style that I like. Some people seem to think highly of him but he just doesn't do anything for me. Please follow all fire safety regulations when flaming me.
Hole -- brings me back to high school.
Drowning Pool -- perhaps not surprisingly, my favorite song from this disc. What's funny is that, like one of my favorite songs from umfum's previous swap contribution, this track reminds me of Incubus, who umfum says he doesn't like. I'm not fanatical about them myself, but I'll probably get around to putting one of their songs on a swap disc one of these days.
Metallica -- Not really a Metallica fan, but this song's alright. Like the title.
Family Guy -- gotta love it.
Lyle Lovett -- don't gotta love it.
Dixie Chicks -- I can see why they're popular. Not a fan of the advocating murder thing, but, you know, it's just a song.
Velvet Underground -- a short story spoken over music. Good stuff, but the only problem is it loses something with repeated listening.

Definitely feel like I'm forgetting stuff I want to say. May be back with additions later.

On the whole I definitely enjoyed these discs. Thanks for sending them, guys.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

10-07-03 11:07pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

March 16-20, 1991 is all acoustic. Even though these guys are often called "alt contry," their first two records No Depression and Still Feel Gone are more rock oriented. You probably wouldn't like Anodyne as it has a more country feel.

YOU BASTARD! Just kidding. There are plenty of people who don't like Johnny Cash yet still manage to live happy, productive lives. "Delia's Gone" is an original.

Crap! Is everyone around here younger than me?

I was millimeters away from making this your theme song. As for Incubus...hmmmm. I don't remember saying I DON'T like them. They're okay. They just don't do a lot for me. Then again, I think Coldplay rips off Radiohead (who ripped off U2--at least on Pablo Honey).

Metallica used to be good.

quote:
Family Guy -- gotta love it.
Lyle Lovett -- don't gotta love it.

I'm getting the feeling that evil doesn't care for "country" music. Can't blame him. I have a whole theory about how Garth Brooks ruined country music, but it's too long to get into here.

Yes, the Chicks are skillfully produced. The CD belongs to my wife, and "Goodbye Earl" is pretty fun, but one vocalist really grates on my nerves. It might be Emily; I'm not sure.

True, since you know the dénouement after one listen, but you can always turn your balance to the right and groove the swell music.

---

10-08-03 8:43am (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

hey, so i'm just wondering... am I the only one left to post the discs? I have money, and next week i'm going out into downtown ottawa to i'll stop by a post office and send them out. apologies for the delay

---

10-08-03 2:58pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

Additions to my feedback:

On TV&C: Soundgarden is good.

On Rapestry: It took me a few passes to pick up on this, but Batman vs. Blackman doesn't have any lyrics! How disappointing. If ever there was a song title with potential....

Also, I think I've heard the speech at the beginning of Fight the Power before somewhere. As a sample in a KMFDM song, if I'm not mistaken. Do you know where it's from originally?

And, not that I'm sure I'll do this, but if I were going to buy a Run-DMC album, and if I preferred Radio Station to Peter Piper, what would you recommend?

On SNAW: The ABK/Violent J/Esham track is really growing on me. (Violent J's the other guy from ICP, right?) Again, smoking lots of weed isn't really an experience I can relate to, but the song is at least as much about hanging out with your friends, plus the music and beat are great, and I think it's really interesting to hear the three different styles of rapping together. I kept replaying that and the Roots Manuva track in the car on the way home. Dcom, even your throwaway disc is a success. Hope you contribute to the next swap too.

[hr]

No, just me.

I probably feel the same way about country as I do about rap -- a good idea that's usually executed poorly. I do think your Dixie Chicks track stands up to repeated listening.

[hr]

No, I also haven't posted my discs yet. My tracklist is finalized, but I still need to find an uncorrupted copy of one MP3, burn the discs, and make the covers. Only the most abject apathy could prevent me from getting them to the post office by Monday. (So, I give it a 50/50 chance.)

---

10-08-03 8:28pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

The lyrics may be kind of gay, you just have to look further than that.

That is true.

Maybe it's not, it's just that this guy is on radio, tv, everywhere every day. I don't know who else from this disc is because I don't pay attention to MTV, radio and the like. But this one I know is, so everybody already knows him.

Also true.

I wanted to fit them in without making obvious.

I already have an idea for the next swap, if I can afford it I definitely will.

I'm not an umfum, but I'd recommend Back From Hell or Tougher than Leather (I think Radio Station is on that). Most run dmc releases are more Peter Piper than Radio Station.

---

10-09-03 3:14am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, not that I'm sure I'll do this, but if I were going to buy a Run-DMC album, and if I preferred Radio Station to Peter Piper, what would you recommend?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny you ask, because I was going to suggest that you would like Run-DMC based on other stuff you've said.

Tougher Than Leather was more Rock oriented. "Mary, Mary" samples the Monkees song of the same name, "Papa Crazy" samples a bit of "Papa Was A Rolling Stone," and "Miss Elaine" sports a cool guitar riff.

Raising Hell, on the other hand, has the version of "Walk This Way" (with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry) that exposed Run-DMC to a national audience via MTV. It's better overall than Tougher, but it more "rappish."

If you can find their song, "King of Rock," download it.

Rock Fact #1: Rick Rubin has produced Run-DMC and Johnny Cash.

---

10-09-03 1:47pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

I didn't even realize who it was until you said that. Had to go look it up. Well, at least it's from an obscure album, right? I think it was an okay track.

I'll think about Run-DMC. A future swap contribution may have more in the way of rap music.

---

10-09-03 7:26pm (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Evil Umfum Dcom Kitty Jes

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help