Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Stripcreator CD Swap #5 !

Author

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

"Once again back is the incredible, the rhyme animal, the incredible D, Public Enemy #1.
Five-O said, "Freeze!" and I got numb.
Can I tell 'em that I never really had a gun?
But it's the wax that the Terminator X spun...

Turn it up! Bring the noise!"

[hr]

Okay all you closet DJs and copyright infringers, it's time for CD Swap #5. Here's how to play...

1) Leave your name below if you wish to participate.
2) Also, send me an email with your sc member name, your real name
(or suitable alias), and your mailing address.
3) Send the email to: umfumdisi at yahoo dot com

I will reply to your email so that you know you are in. Once we have 15-20 (or more) participants, I will arrange you into groups of four or five and send each group an email with the names and addresses of the other members. After that, it's up to you to create, arrange, burn a music CD (not 300 mp3s), and mail the package to each of your group members. You can send as many discs as you want. Track lists are appreciated but not required.

[hr]

Speaking of the minimum, sometimes folks do not send out CDs. This is bad, mmm'kay. Do not sign up for the swap if you do not intend to send out discs.
I know things happen, but the swap is a promise. Early this year I was busy taking care of my new baby, my father passed away, and I lost my job. Still, I sent out discs. So, I don't offer any slack to slackers. If you don't send out discs, you will be BANNED from future swaps until such time that you do send out discs (and even then you will be looked upon with suspicion and derision). Now, the lists...

[u]BANNED:[/u]
DexX
theniwrenator
itsclark
Xuanwu
EvilZak
Jael

With the exception of DexX (who isn't around anymore anyway), I have contacted the above members and reminded them of their swap duties. They have not replied. They are right out!

[u]PROBATION:[/u]
israphael
trippingbillee
Matchbook_Romance
ivytheplant

These members have replied with their intention to send out discs. I think they will do so. However, they can not participate in another swap until they have done so.

[u]MIA:[/u]
Brad

Brad is busy maintaining and improving this awesome site. Send him some money if you haven't already.

[hr]

Sorry to be so draconian, but no one likes being stiffed in teh swap. Also, if you have reason to add/remove someone to/from the lists, please let me know via pm.

NOTE:
Newbies are generally excluded from the swap just because they're "unknown" entities. However, each case will be evaluated individually. If you have over 50 comics and you've been pretty active since joining, then you're probably in. Add donor status to that, and you're definitely in. After all, I was once a n00b who begged my way into the swap. :)

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

7-05-04 8:16pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

let me tell you it is about freaking time

I am in.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

7-05-04 9:02pm (new)

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

if we can have this thing all together and wrapped up before October 24th, I'm in. If not, I'll probably be sending a new address that may or may not coincide with another SC user. Intrigued? Good!

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

7-05-04 9:57pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Wow, I can't believe kitty is finally going to marry dcom and move to Australia. Congratulations!

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

7-05-04 10:11pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

That's not it at all, actually.

I'm moving to the UK at the end of October. Depending on the money situation, I may be mooching a floor space off of Jesley or chooby.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

7-05-04 10:19pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

---

7-05-04 10:24pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

samurai sworded? hey wait, isn't that the weapon that Raphael of Ninja Turtles uses?

---

7-05-04 10:27pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Yes. And knowing what it's called is essential to getting why I put it there (it was a phonetic reference).

---

7-05-04 10:30pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

And sadly, I do not get the reference.

---

7-05-04 10:37pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Thus is my life.

---

7-05-04 10:40pm (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

Jes 5, standing pi.

PS - the above is a "sai"

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

7-06-04 10:48am (new)

Zegota
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

I am the in, and once the fucking hotmail server stops being busy I will send dee e-mail

---
And you know what Hell is, folks. It's Andy Gibb, singing 'Shadowdancing' for aeons and aeons...

7-06-04 10:54am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Okay, I'm in again.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

7-06-04 1:25pm (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

TheGovernor would like to formaly state his intent to participate in the fifth installment of the compact disc exchange on this internet comic strip entertainment site.

7-06-04 4:10pm (new)

MikeyG
Shoots the shit and often misses

Member Rated:

MikeyG would like to sign up. So he is.

---
The giant three-phallused phallus of Uzbekistan will one day squirt the cosmic jizz of revenge all over Canada.

7-09-04 11:08am (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

I'm in.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

7-10-04 8:49am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

I'm down.

7-10-04 10:17pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

I'd like to be in this one. I've sent my CDs out and since the other three members most likely won't be in a group I'm in, I'll just use the same tracklist and send them after the addresses are received.

Laziness can be an asset, you know.

7-14-04 1:20pm (new)

NGrassi22
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

One question.
If I do the next CD swap, how do I know if some of the songs are MP3? Some say, and I'm guessing some do not. If there are MP3s, would everyone be able to listen to the CD?

---
It's not the crack, it's the 'caine.

7-14-04 2:55pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

quote:
One question.
If I do the next CD swap, how do I know if some of the songs are MP3? Some say, and I'm guessing some do not. If there are MP3s, would everyone be able to listen to the CD?

If you tell your burning software that you want to create an audio CD, it should automatically convert any MP3s that you add to the tracklist to the appropriate format. The same goes for pretty much any other music format your songs could be in. Either your burner will handle the conversion itself, or it will tell you that it doesn't know how to, in which case you'll either have to find another program to convert the track to a usable format, or find a different version of the song.

It is important that you create an audio CD rather than a data CD. Data CDs can contain tracks in MP3 or any other format, but cannot be played by most CD players.

It is also possible to create audio CDs that have additional data on them. I don't know whether these could cause problems with older CD players, but I'd recommend playing it safe and sticking with plain old audio CDs unless you have a compelling reason not to.

As for whether your songs are in MP3 format or not, you should be able to tell their format by looking at their file extension. It's also possible that the software you use to listen to them would provide that information somehow.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

7-14-04 9:34pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

^ what he said ^

also, i'll add that a regular audio CD will contain 15-30 tracks depending upon song length.

if you put 200 or so songs on a disc, then you're making an data disc full of mp3s. such a disc sort of defeats the purpose of putting together a mix of songs you want other people to hear for whatever reason.

[hr]

also, ivytheplant is officially off probation. welcome to Swap #5, kat.

---

7-16-04 9:52pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Right now we have 2 groups of 5 persons each.

If no one else signs up before Thursday (July 22nd), I'll send out group emails then. If two more people join, then we'll do 3 groups of 4.

---

7-19-04 8:04pm (new)

TheBlairZip
Makes a Great Meal

Member Rated:

If you still need another participant, I'll join up. I really enjoyed the last swap and wouldn't mind doing it again.

If I'm going to throw off the balance, then don't worry about it. :)

---
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all. D'OH!

7-21-04 11:47pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

BlairZip offered an excellent swap disc last time, so I'll wait a week or so longer to see if we can get one more person to join.

---

7-22-04 8:49pm (new)

MikeyG
Shoots the shit and often misses

Member Rated:

I'm in! Oh wait, I'm already in. YEEEAAAAARRGGGHHHH!!

---
The giant three-phallused phallus of Uzbekistan will one day squirt the cosmic jizz of revenge all over Canada.

7-23-04 6:30am (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Stripcreator CD Swap #5 !

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests