Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Cheney hypothetical...

Author

Inflatable_Man
Heart stopper. Hip hopper. Pill popper.

Member Rated:

There's nothing I like more than seeing our Vice President trying to shoot a bird and hitting one of his old, rich buddies instead. But I found out this actually happened yesterday and they had been sitting on this news for over 24 hours before they announced it, because whoever's in charge of releasing it wanted to make sure that the victim didn't expire.

Which brings up an interesting, albeit completely hypothetically question... IF Cheney had offed the bugger, would it have been covered up? I'm sure the administration wouldn't want to consider the prospect of their VP having to face a manslaughter charge.

So... If a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it... does it make a sound? And if the Veep actually killed his friend and only his Republican flunkies and yes-men were around... would we ever find out?

Yes, I know it's strictly a hypothetical, but it's an interesting scenario to ponder, considering how secretive this administration is.

(Puts on flame-retardant suit)

---
Destroying my reputation one post at a time.

2-12-06 11:34pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

cpausti
The Nordic Soulman

Member Rated:

I really don't know if they would. It was a contributor to the Bush/Cheney campaign, so there wouldn't be much room for conspiracy. It was an accident, they had been hunting all day (Cheney killed 70 birds himself) and he's an old dude. Covering it up would be pointless. Plus, imagine if it was leaked later, people would go crazy. Too risky, too stupid. (at least that is what I would be thinking)

---
all the wrong things for all the right reasons

2-12-06 11:50pm (new)

bobby17
Junior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

No way! Just think about it. First Cheney kills some random old guy, then he starts killing whoever the fuck he likes. Its all in the Patriot Act people. Cheney is coming to your fucking house to kill you and your children and he's just gonna say he was duck hunting. We all need to be on high alert.

IMPEACH BUSH!
PUT CARTER BACK IN OFFICE!

---
I once was lost, but now am found.

2-12-06 11:57pm (new)

Inflatable_Man

Member Rated:

Now I didn't say there was a conspiracy behind the shooting. I'm sure it was an accident. Buuut... what I'm wondering is if there would be a cover-up after the fact, cuz I have no idea how the WH would do damage-control if their Vice President was brought on manslaughter charges. But if it then was uncovered... yeah, you're right it would probably raise an eyebrow or two.

---

2-13-06 12:04am (new)

fundemented
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

i think bobby hit the nail on the head

2-13-06 12:06am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Whenever I want to see an administrative official shoot a bird, I just look at Boorite's posts. I would love to see an administrative official his his old rich friend, though.

On the topic though, I really don't know if there would be a coverup or not... or even if it's really likely to happen. I'm guessing that if someone with real power wanted a person dead they wouldn't have to do the job themselves, so would it really be a likely scenario?

2-13-06 12:15am (new)

Inflatable_Man

Member Rated:

I reiterate I don't think Cheney wanted this fellow dead. As far as I can tell they were great friends and it was an accident. But once the deed is done, having a VP who killed someone isn't good. I'm not very familiar with the law, so I don't know if manslaughter charges can be brought up, but even if they can't it would probably be the final nail in the Bush administration's coffin.

---

2-13-06 12:18am (new)

Inflatable_Man

Member Rated:

Now here's a theory that's not quite outlandish... Cheney's hunting party could have provided a fall-guy. The claim could have been made that someone else in the party fired the shot, since they're all carrying the same guns. I'm sure they could find at least one loyal eager beaver willing to sacrifice himself to the mercies of the system in order to save the Vice Prez.

---

2-13-06 12:38am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Nails in a coffin can't stop a vampire... I really don't think there will be a "final nail." They do whatever they want and people let them get away with it, all while saying that they'll sacrifice anything for safety.

You're right, having a VP who is to be brought up on Manslaughter charges would be a rather bad thing in terms of international fallout, and if it were any other presidential administration it would probably lower people's confidence for a while.

That said, I think that if such a thing happened, what is more likely than a coverup where the body goes missing would be a coverup where they fully admit that the VP killed the guy... but instead of admitting it was an accident, they call it self-defense. Who would know the difference? That way he could look like a hero, someone who can spot danger a mile away and put a stop to it. Just what we need in these dangerous times, eh? I don't see why they would have any problem dragging a dead supporter's name through the mud if it means gaining political capital and dodging a political bullet all in one swoop.

2-13-06 12:45am (new)

Inflatable_Man

Member Rated:

Daaaaayaaaaamn.... Now you're thinking like Karl Rove. That would be straight up cold-blooded. And ingenious. Amazingly enough, I still don't think that would be the worst thing Cheney's ever done.

---

2-13-06 1:05am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

I'm pretty sure that most people in positions of great power do very nasty things to get there and to remain in power. It's the nature of the beast.

And I'll say that this administration is pretty beastly.

2-13-06 1:13am (new)

Kaenash
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

quote:
There's nothing I like more than seeing our Vice President trying to shoot a bird and hitting one of his old, rich buddies instead. But I found out this actually happened yesterday and they had been sitting on this news for over 24 hours before they announced it, because whoever's in charge of releasing it wanted to make sure that the victim didn't expire.

Which brings up an interesting, albeit completely hypothetically question... IF Cheney had offed the bugger, would it have been covered up? I'm sure the administration wouldn't want to consider the prospect of their VP having to face a manslaughter charge.

So... If a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it... does it make a sound? And if the Veep actually killed his friend and only his Republican flunkies and yes-men were around... would we ever find out?

Yes, I know it's strictly a hypothetical, but it's an interesting scenario to ponder, considering how secretive this administration is.

(Puts on flame-retardant suit)

Cheney's war against his former business partners country, the one his company has a no bid contract to repair, costs thousands of lives, and he isn't in trouble for that.

Cheney's prison camps where the prisoners are not accounted for, and after three years they have not been entitled to even the slightest due process as either military or civillians could probably have had a few deaths and I am sure he isn't accountable for that.

So yes, I am sure he could kill a few people and no one would be notified.

2-13-06 1:38am (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

Oh, boo hoo.

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

2-13-06 1:59am (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

Ha ha ha. Cheney wears glasses.

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

2-13-06 9:10am (new)

Kaenash
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

If Dick Cheney made Comics, my guess is not only would he not be a donor, but his comics would be two stars at best.

2-13-06 10:16am (new)

Inflatable_Man

Member Rated:

Karl Rove would get 5 stars through sheer manipulation and charisma... until one day someone notices he's never actually made a comic. Kerry would have 2 stars because his comics would have too much dialogue, be too long-winded and his punchlines would be so drawn out they would lose their comedic impact. Bush would have 1 star because his comics would be chock full of grammar and spelling errors and no one would be able to read the shit. Howard Dean would have 5 stars until one day he goes batshit in the forums and goes down to 2 stars.

---

2-13-06 11:10am (new)

bobby17
Junior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

quote:
Bush would have 1 star because his comics would be chock full of grammar and spelling errors and no one would be able to read the shit.

So Bush was fuck then? He was a surprisingly popular guy.

---

2-13-06 11:36am (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

BOBBY! Go to your room.

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

2-13-06 11:59am (new)

bobby17
Junior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

Yes dad

---

2-13-06 12:07pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

i'm thinking if they go to all the conspiracy theory trouble of getting rid of the body, you wouldn't hear about the vp killing anyone at all

i'm sure they'd consider a coverup (they're politicians. they consider lying before deciding which gender box to check) but i doubt they'd go with it. first of all, too much media attention. with tons of journalists all going after the story like columbo, it's bound to be discovered eventually. add to it the fact that it would be hard to change guns because of differences in gunpowder residue on their hands, angle of shot with height difference, and the fact that Cheney had drops of blood on his shoe from ripping off the head and gloriously holding it above him while the assemblage shouted "Josh jerky!", and i'm guessing they'd be... um... straight shooters about it all.

and if they weren't it's crazy to think they'd go with self-defense rather than a hunting accident. that's a lot of f00king coverup work, and risk of future scandal, for two things that carry about the same relatively low stigma

---
what if nigger meant kite

2-13-06 1:45pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

"It's very unamerican of you to vote me down to two stars like that. I might even raise the threat level to sunflower."

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

2-13-06 1:57pm (new)

niteowl
Level 1 Forum Troll

Member Rated:

Oh my God, CHUBBY is actually Howard Dean!

---
Think classy, you'll be classy.

2-13-06 4:35pm (new)

Kaenash
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

quote:
Karl Rove would get 5 stars through sheer manipulation and charisma... until one day someone notices he's never actually made a comic. Kerry would have 2 stars because his comics would have too much dialogue, be too long-winded and his punchlines would be so drawn out they would lose their comedic impact. Bush would have 1 star because his comics would be chock full of grammar and spelling errors and no one would be able to read the shit. Howard Dean would have 5 stars until one day he goes batshit in the forums and goes down to 2 stars.

you are way ahead of me, I had the same theory about George W Bush

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

2-13-06 4:39pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

I'm guessing they didn't want it talked about on the Sunday AM political news so they held off until Sunday night.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

2-13-06 10:12pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

And if SNL doesn't run with this for weeks to come then they are a bunch of young republicans.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

2-13-06 10:13pm (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Cheney hypothetical...

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests