Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » Stripcreator Wiki

Author

Injokester
Definitely drunk

Member Rated:

choadwarrior

That's definitely the way to go.

It would be great to run a hall of fame and enter one new member a year though, and I'm happy to volunteer some sort of custom image to commemorate each induction.

I do have a suggestion for now though- how about forming a wiki committee to get everything under way? Anybody with an idea contacts them, they collate everything and put a poll together for everyone to vote on. This could be a great way to give recognition to the users here if at least part of it is 'official'. What does everyone else think?

---
Dinosaurs had eggs bro, the chicken came way later.

1-04-07 12:29am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

I think we should first create a provisional wiki committee to determine how the actual wiki committee should convene, the rules of conduct, the election process, and term limits.  Then, once the new wiki committee is convened, we can have the UN monitor their progress for the first five or ten years and determine whether the wiki's rule of law is strong enough to remove their peacekeeping troops.

Or we could just write stuff to it.  It's a fucking wiki, people.  Jesus.

---
peddling the funny around since 09/24/2002

1-04-07 10:01am (new)

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

If you want to commemerate someone who doesn't visit the site anymore, just go ahead and create the page. They're probably not going to care either way, and if you still remember them months after they left, there's probably something worth writing about them.

If you want to honor someone who still posts here, you're better off doing it in the forums, or by commenting on their comics, or rating them, all of which are more likely to be useful and appreciated.

Either way, adding voting or commitees or guidelines to the process will just add drama to something which should be pretty simple. I mean, this is a format where it takes a few seconds to replace someone's carefully written article with the word "dongs". Structure was never really in the cards.

---
"Oh, look, a joke! How original! Thank you, but if I wanted my emotions stimulated pleasurably, I'd get a whore." - Donald B. Jones III

1-04-07 2:02pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

dongs

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

1-04-07 4:39pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Hey guys, there's some stuff on my to-do list right now, but there are still some other things that could be added that I really don't feel like I have the authority to do:

1. A blurb about the CD swap would be nice.

2. What are the rules of this contest? contest summary in comic competitions (after all, we are giving recognition to Ocean Comics as an actual contest).

3. This idea is kind of debateable, but I feel like there are some other in-jokes that could be added, such as Randomly Appearing Snowman, Aha! It is me, Jesus, Non-sequitor donkey, and so forth. Perhaps someone could make a "lesser known" or "new" in-joke link and page on the front page and put all of these in one thing? Or do you think any of them are worth mentioning at all?

I'm leaving the third one open to brief discussion, since I'm not even really sure how I feel about it, but if it feels consensusy, is there anyone who would be willing to do it?

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

1-05-07 1:52pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

*I* can do it! At some point!

Eventually AWAAAAAAAY!

---

1-05-07 2:38pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

You're likely going to want to get a consultant for #2. The forums don't go far back enough to see the first few contests, and I wasn't around when it was begun. As far as I know, I've never even participated in one (until a couple days ago, when I was trying to research them for the article), though I've enjoyed watching them progress.

---

1-05-07 3:21pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

By the way, why don't you ever come to IRC anymore?

It would be easier than leaving posts and pming each other when we're wiki editing.

---

1-05-07 3:22pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

I rarely get on IRC anymore, just because it distracts me from my readings and stuff.

---

1-05-07 3:43pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

Constantly, as opposed to short bursts.

That was for the haters.

---

1-05-07 3:44pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

I'm quite proud of our work. I'm trying to NOT edit the wiki for a day. We'll see how that goes.

---

1-06-07 7:01am (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

I added a Stripcreator Terminology page:

http://stripcreator.wikispaces.com/Terminology

---
www.bradsucks.net

1-08-07 6:51am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Thanks brad. I've been trying to make things as clear as possible, in case new users want to read through it. That make things lots clearer.

---

1-08-07 7:38am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Is there any way to make edits logged in users only? That would really be preferable to fixing the pages after some idiot decides to come along and be a jackass. It also lets me know who did it so I can hunt them down and give them a lecture about respect that their mother should have given them long ago.

---

8-21-07 8:46am (new)

niteowl
Level 1 Forum Troll

Member Rated:

About the Purity Test:

According to the wiki...

"Some strippers have taken the quiz more than once and have varied their loginname slightly as the quiz only allows you to take it once per name."

Not true. You can take it as many times as you want without varying your username. I have no blocks in place for usernames. I do have blocks in place to prevent people from taking the test more than once per day, as stated in the wiki.

And a question...what's so bad about having your username link your comics here? I never understood that.

---
Think classy, you'll be classy.

8-21-07 5:23pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

I believe I have made the wiki private. Now you need to have an approved account to make edits.

---
www.bradsucks.net

8-22-07 7:10pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

niteowl

I have never been allowed to use attitudechicka more than the one time. However, I will test my ability again maybe tomorrow.

---

8-22-07 8:35pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

I made some updates a couple days ago. I'm probably going to write some of those articles I suggested and never did anything about eventually.

The purity test accepted my username again, I don't know what happened before to give me the impression that I couldn't reuse my username. I'm not entirely sure how I got purer... but I can assure you I will do everything in my power to be the sluttiest stripper here, eventually. Still doing my best to meet everyone personally. Drop me a line if you want me to visit you... I may be able to make another trip in January.

---

8-26-07 4:49am (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

Brad

Deckard Cain says:

"This is a great victory indeed!"

---

8-26-07 4:45pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

I just spent about three hours of my life working on this and this.

Thank you in advance for your kind words and applause.

---

8-28-07 9:14am (new)

The_young_scot
Makes out like a Lesbian

Member Rated:

All hail Chicka! Queen of the Goths!

---
The following statement its true. The previous statement is false

8-28-07 9:23am (new)

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

attitudechicka

But I... I thought that we won 224 together!

*dramatic emo sobs complete with ruined black eye-makeup*

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

9-07-07 8:20am (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

attitudechickai'd be fine with crabby being declared Comic Cup XIII winner, if no one else objects. i think p33ps have had more than enough time to vote.

though i do have a question about hanging chads...

---
what if nigger meant kite

9-07-07 6:21pm (new)

niteowl
Level 1 Forum Troll

Member Rated:

mandingoi'd be fine with crabby being declared Comic Cup XIII winner, if no one else objects. i think p33ps have had more than enough time to vote.

though i do have a question about hanging chads...

Sigh. I lost my shot at Comic Cup XIII Final Four glory on a coin flip.

---
Think classy, you'll be classy.

9-07-07 11:13pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

that is a tough way to go but at least you didn't blow everyone and still not win. i had people tell me i would have won if i'd have just kept my lips to myself

---
what if nigger meant kite

9-08-07 1:59am (new)

Stripcreator » Regarding Stripcreator » Stripcreator Wiki

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account